Negative Trader Feedback Disputes| Fraud Reports | Scam Warnings

Why was my negative feedback removed for Nickate??

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2009, 04:40 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Why was my negative feedback removed for Nickate??

This happened about a month ago. Nickate and I agreed to a deal on the phone and on the internet about his z28. I reiterated to him that I was paying with a loan check from my bank. He talks to my loan officer at my bank, just to make sure everything is legit an set up. (He sent a copy of the title, bill of sale, etc to my bank because I need all that to get the loan) We agreed on a time and a place to meet up for the deal. So my dad and I hit the road early, about 7:00 AM. We get a call at about 7:45 AM from Nickate just to make sure we're on the road. We tell him yes sir, we left about 30 mintues ago, we'll be there as scheduled. NOW, an hour and a half further, we get another call from Nickate. This time he tells us he can't get a hold of our bank and we're not going to pull a fast one on him. He has my name, address, phone number, bank, etc, etc, etc. He tells us, you better turn around now, you're not getting the car. Why have us drive this far if you were scared of a fake check!! We already told you that there are NO loan officers at the bank on a Saturday, yet you still have us drive THIS FAR. Well, my Dad got angry and says are you going to sell the car to us of not? He says no, you may as well turn around your not going to rip me off. Then my dad says, we should come down there and kick your ***, why would you tell us this now! My dad hangs up the phone and we turn back around to head back home. 5 minutes into our trip back we get a call from Nickate with his wife on the other line. He says "do I need to call the police" We say, get real, were going back home, this is complete bullshit. Then his wife goes on a little tangent. "You can't talk to someone like that, you are a scammer." We explain to his wife how far we drove then hung up. NOW, 10 minutes down the road we get a call from a police officer. He asks me if my dad and I are going to Nickate's house to beat him up. He cop said that Nickate is "SCARED FOR HIS LIFE." Get real...We reiterate to the cop that we are 20 mintutes into our trip back home, we're not going to waste our time on this guy. He's not worth it.

I guess this is what i'm trying to get at. I left him a negative feedback right when I got back. I now look and the negative feedback is gone? Give me a break..why was it removed? People should know what happened because he could do it to someone again. What a waste of gas and time, not to mention get my hopes up about a new car.

What is the reasoning behind the retraction? Does a mod know him and "he's a nice guy"..Get real. He ripped me off and that is unacceptable even if you know the guy..

I left him another negative feedback, because he deserves it, not because i'm upset that I didn't get the car. I have since bought a car but it still pisses me off to think back to that day. 150 Miles, then I hear that he won't accept my NOTERIZED check.

-packersz28camaro
Old 02-15-2009, 05:15 PM
TECH Veteran

He may have pm'd a supermod or Admin to have it removed.
In a case where a member is buying a vehicle and not parts it is viewed differently.

We all spend time looking for the right car or truck, in your situation you could have been dealing with a car dealership in another state, drove there and found what they had for sale wasn't close to what you wanted. Would you ask for gas & time money because of that?

It seems you are probably better off not having bought the car, if that was the temperament of the people selling it there may have been a lot of hidden problems with it. This guy may have actually saved you money by not buying his and there are plenty up for sale from good sellers.
Old 02-15-2009, 07:44 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by GEARHED
He may have pm'd a supermod or Admin to have it removed.
In a case where a member is buying a vehicle and not parts it is viewed differently.

We all spend time looking for the right car or truck, in your situation you could have been dealing with a car dealership in another state, drove there and found what they had for sale wasn't close to what you wanted. Would you ask for gas & time money because of that?

It seems you are probably better off not having bought the car, if that was the temperament of the people selling it there may have been a lot of hidden problems with it. This guy may have actually saved you money by not buying his and there are plenty up for sale from good sellers.
I understand what you're saying. I just got a pm from the mod who deleted it (Xtinct) because he thinks that my feedbacks I left for Nickate are complete bullshit.

Originally Posted by XtinctZ28
OK, regarding our trader rating system here...It is only for people who have had a transaction. Not almost a transaction. I personally could care less what happened between you two, but it was not a sale by any means and will not be discussed here any further..

I removed your bullshit trader rating and will remove the last one also. It would be in your best interest to not post it up again.

There is a specific forum for feedback when dealing with other members, the parts/vehicles for sale forums are not that place either.

Any further remarks, feedback, etc, from you that do not strictly follow forum rules from this point on will result in a vacation from here.

Thanks,
XtinctZ28
LS1Tech Staff

I guess this is difference of opinion. This wasn't almost a sale, this was written and notarized, THIS WAS A SALE that he chose to back out last second. I would think that other members would like to know what happened before they chose to purchase something from him again. If he did it to me, he could easily do it to someone else. Xtinct said he would ban me if I commented about this matter again and I hope this doesn't count. I guess this matter is done with. Whatever, I have my new car now, I was just upset that the one time I try and buy a car on tech, it turns into a big nightmare.
Old 02-16-2009, 10:02 AM
11 Second Club

i think the negative feedback should stay, so other members know he has commited then uncommited on selling a car to another member...
Old 02-16-2009, 11:50 AM
TECH Veteran

Having a thread here is good enough, buyers can just look at the titles (no search required) to see if they want to deal with a seller or not.

Trader rating is based on a transaction having taken place/done deal, the rules in the vehicles for sale forum are different than any other part of this site. I think that is what Xtinct was trying to point out.

You have a new car, enjoy it and let go of the process of buying as we all go through that.
Old 02-16-2009, 03:25 PM
Rehab is for quitters...

I explained this to you in depth via PM. The trader rating system is for members who have actually had a sale or exchange between them. Not for people that almost had a deal but never did. I removed the feedback, and I am not his friend in any way whatsoever. So that bullshit can stop now both here and in the Midwestern section.

Our vehicles for sale forum rules CLEARLY state that the seller can refuse a sale to anyone for any reason, it is their vehicle to sell. If you do not like the rules, then do not sell or buy through this site.

For some reason he did not want to sell you the car. That is his prerogative. If you did not want the cops called then you should not have threatened to beat his ***.

And for the record, since you like to twist the truth a bit. I did not threaten to ban you if you commented on it again. I CLEARLY told you that any further comments that did not follow forum rules would result in a vacation. That means not in for sale threads, etc. like you had before. Anything else you would like to blow out of proportion?
Old 02-16-2009, 03:26 PM
Rehab is for quitters...

Originally Posted by Havok2
i think the negative feedback should stay, so other members know he has commited then uncommited on selling a car to another member...
And you have been told on about 12 different occasions to stay out of the feedback threads that do not concern you. Please take the time to read and follow the stickies. Thanks.
Old 02-16-2009, 03:50 PM
TECH Apprentice

I explained this to you in depth via PM. The trader rating system is for members who have actually had a sale or exchange between them. Not for people that almost had a deal but never did. I removed the feedback, and I am not his friend in any way whatsoever. So that bullshit can stop now both here and in the Midwestern section.

Our vehicles for sale forum rules CLEARLY state that the seller can refuse a sale to anyone for any reason, it is their vehicle to sell. If you do not like the rules, then do not sell or buy through this site.

For some reason he did not want to sell you the car. That is his prerogative. If you did not want the cops called then you should not have threatened to beat his ***.

And for the record, since you like to twist the truth a bit. I did not threaten to ban you if you commented on it again. I CLEARLY told you that any further comments that did not follow forum rules would result in a vacation. That means not in for sale threads, etc. like you had before. Anything else you would like to blow out of proportion?
I'm pretty sure I said I understood why I couldn't leave him a feedback..Why do you have to keep repeating it..

Give me break dude..why not tell me you were referring to his for sale ad that I wrote in a while ago and not the two threads I just started. I thought you were referring to the post I put in the midwestern section. The stuff I posted in his for sale ad was the day and maybe a few days after it happened. And as far as twisting the truth..that's for people to decide. Notice how I posted word for word what you wrote to me VIA pm. Everyone interprets something differently..and I took it that if I posted another message in the midwestern section about this I would be banned. It's the way you come off with your PM to me
Old 02-16-2009, 03:53 PM
TECH Apprentice

. I removed the feedback, and I am not his friend in any way whatsoever. So that bullshit can stop now both here and in the Midwestern section.

BTW, never said you were his friend. I said, "I don't know if a mod knows him or not"...Never said you (Specifically) were friends with him ever. So the BS of you accusing me of saying your friends with him should stop...
Old 02-17-2009, 12:27 PM
TECH Veteran

And you have been told on about 12 different occasions to stay out of the feedback threads that do not concern you. Please take the time to read and follow the stickies. Thanks.
You're kidding, right?
Havok thrives on commenting any forum he can...he's that drunk friend that repeats what you say to everyone in the bar.

Quick Reply: Why was my negative feedback removed for Nickate??