Negative Trader Feedback Disputes| Fraud Reports | Scam Warnings

Bad Dealings with MOE_TAWS6

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2009, 12:53 PM
TECH Resident

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Bad Dealings with MOE_TAWS6

Bought some Morel lifters from him a couple months ago, finally got all my parts ready and machine work done, start assembling and get the crank in, then its time to put the Morel lifters in, and guess what.....I dont know what the hell they are but there are 2 different sets of lifters here, 8 of each kind. Now I'm no expert but hey I'll let the photos show you.

Notice in this picture you can see the two inside lifters are different than the outside lifters

Here is another picture you can see the lifters in the lifter tray, they are 90 degrees different on where the oil comes out.

Here is a topside view, even the body of the lifters are machined differently.

Another view of the lifters. Both oil holes point straight up. Look at the rollers, they are all rotated 90 degrees

Morel lifters have a c clip that holds that valve body in...

Moral of the story...I got screwed by this guy, he knows he screwed me...He sent me 2 different partial sets of stock lifters. Morel lifters are rebuildable and what makes them rebuildable is the roller is replaceable, its not on these units....

Buyer beware this guy is a crook and a thief...He will be reported to paypal ASAP maybe I can get my money back...

Oh yea and heres our little list of messages from my hotmail account...

Sent: Mon 3/30/09 11:03 AM
To: sschoeffler@hotmail.com

DO NOT REPLY TO THIS EMAIL!

Dear sschoeffler,

You have received a new private message at LS1TECH from MOE_TAWS6, entitled "Re: Morel Lifters".

To read the original version, respond to, or delete this message, you must log in here:
https://ls1tech.com/forums/private.php

This is the message that was sent:

---Quote (Originally by sschoeffler)---
---Quote (Originally by MOE_TAWS6)---
---Quote (Originally by sschoeffler)---
Hey I'm interested in your Morel OEM Replacement lifters. You said reasonable offers are accepted so is $50 a reasonable offer on a $75 item?
---End Quote---
Its not too far off, how does $65 sound?
---End Quote---
Sounds great, whats the paypal?
---End Quote---
the lifters should ship out today, later this afternoon! so expect them within 5-7 business days.

Again, please do not reply to this email. You must go to the following page to reply to this private message:
https://ls1tech.com/forums/private.php

All the best,
LS1TECH
Old 08-13-2009, 02:36 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That sucks man
Old 08-14-2009, 11:04 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You know, I didn't know you thought they were morel lifters. But thats fine. I am neither a crook nor a thief. I do not need the little bit of money you paid for the lifters. Paypal WILL NOT do anything since it has been 6 MONTHS! why would you wait 6 months to look at the lifters!? So don't get on here and try to give me a bad name. You can ship them back, I will pay you back what you paid.

And If I was a crook or a thief, trying to sell non morel lifters, as morel lifters, don't you think I'd probably ask a little bit more?

As soon as i Receive them, I will refund your $65.
Old 08-14-2009, 03:35 PM
TECH Resident

I opened the box and seen the lifters wrapped up in the plastic bag that they were sent to me in. I've never had Morel lifters so I didnt know what the hell to look for. The reason I even thought something was suspicious is because when I was installing them in the block yesterday, I noticed the oil holes were 90 degrees off on some of them, 8 to be exact. So I thought maybe there was something different about Morel lifters and maybe their oiling system was a little different. So I call up Texas Speed and they didnt understand the question I was trying to ask, maybe its because I have 2 completely different sets of lifters...So then I call Thunder Racing and see if they know how they are supposed to be installed and they were stumped as well and told me to call up Lunati the maker of the lifters. So I did, he didnt see what I was talking about, so he went to pull a new box and look at the lifters for an LS1 without the bar, and he said all the oil holes and rollers face the same way. Then I knew something was up and sent you a PM and made this post with pictures. After that I called Lunati back and had the tech guy pull up this post and look at the pictures, he said that they were definatley not Morel lifters.

The reason it took me 6 months to find out is I waited until I had all the parts before I started the motor build. Not everyone has 10 grand laying around just to throw into a motor all at once believe it or not...

And as far as the post on the lifters goes, You had deleted even saying anything about the lifters, so its not on there but when I sent you the PM, the one in my previous post showed every PM I sent to you, I said I was interested in your Morel OEM Replacement Lifters, which is how you listed them before they were removed from the post.

As soon as you send me your shipping address I'll have these back on their way to you...
Old 08-14-2009, 04:24 PM
12 Second Club

Pm sent with address.

This was not intentional. I have plenty of trader ratings, and i've been on here forever. I do not rip people off. I apologize for the mess up. Once I receive the package, i'll refund your money.
Old 11-14-2009, 02:28 PM
TECH Resident

So here we are, 3 months later, I sent him his lifters back months ago and he kept putting me off saying he would send the money as soon as he could....3 months to send me my $65 back, PLUS I sent his lifters back to him and I paid shipping, so I guess I'm out a total of $75 now. Now he isn't responding to PMs.

Buyer beware of this guy...

If he doesn't respond by Monday I'm leaving negative feedback.
Old 11-14-2009, 07:00 PM
On The Tree

Wow, really sorry to hear! If you paid with a credit card you might have some recourse.

I too got taken for some money from someone here on tech. I contacted my credit card company and they are looking into the issue. I was told that they normally don't take action against something that's beyond two months. I was lucky as it had been two months a few days for me.
Since you realized soon enough of the issue (grandfathered in so to speak), attempted to work out a deal, waited on him to honor his end of the deal in which he didn't, you still might be able to dispute it with your credit card company.

Good luck!
Old 11-15-2009, 10:22 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by sschoeffler
So here we are, 3 months later, I sent him his lifters back months ago and he kept putting me off saying he would send the money as soon as he could....3 months to send me my $65 back, PLUS I sent his lifters back to him and I paid shipping, so I guess I'm out a total of $75 now. Now he isn't responding to PMs.

Buyer beware of this guy...

If he doesn't respond by Monday I'm leaving negative feedback.
whoa there buddy. I recieved the lifters 3 weeks ago. It took you almost 3 months to send me the lifters back. So if anything i should have just told the post office to return the item to sender.

And Im sorry i didnt get on LS1tech in the past 2 DAYS. I mean some of us have things to do.

And for the record the money wasn't ever an issue. I just wanted to give you a taste of your own crap.

so unless you have something else you want to add...

I'll paypal on Tuesday. If you don't get it, than you can post here that I have not payed you.
Old 11-16-2009, 08:26 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by MOE_TAWS6
whoa there buddy. I recieved the lifters 3 weeks ago. It took you almost 3 months to send me the lifters back. So if anything i should have just told the post office to return the item to sender.

And Im sorry i didnt get on LS1tech in the past 2 DAYS. I mean some of us have things to do.

And for the record the money wasn't ever an issue. I just wanted to give you a taste of your own crap.

I'll paypal on Tuesday. If you don't get it, than you can post here that I have not payed you.
So you wait over three weeks after receiving the lifters to refund the money (which you still haven't done)? Not very cool IMO.
Old 11-16-2009, 09:16 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What a ****** dick move. You sir are a douchebag. So you send the wrong parts to begin with & then instead of sending him his refund as soon as you recieved them you hold out for three weeks? You have no ****** common sense.
Old 11-16-2009, 12:59 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by corvettelover
So you wait over three weeks after receiving the lifters to refund the money (which you still haven't done)? Not very cool IMO.
If you were going to return something would you wait 5 months to realize they weren't what you paid for? And on top of that, wait 3 more months to send them back after i agreed to refund the money? I know it wasn't cool to wait 3 weeks, I just didn't care to rush him his money back since he took forever with my parts. Reguardless he's getting his money.
Old 11-16-2009, 01:01 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by BIG_MIKE2005
What a ****** dick move. You sir are a douchebag. So you send the wrong parts to begin with & then instead of sending him his refund as soon as you recieved them you hold out for three weeks? You have no ****** common sense.
Yep, i have no common sense.
Old 11-16-2009, 03:17 PM
On The Tree

If you were going to return something would you wait 5 months to realize they weren't what you paid for? And on top of that, wait 3 more months to send them back after i agreed to refund the money? I know it wasn't cool to wait 3 weeks, I just didn't care to rush him his money back since he took forever with my parts. Reguardless he's getting his money.
It took me two months to realize that the part I bought wasn't the part I received. Either way...two wrongs don't make a right.
Old 11-16-2009, 03:27 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by corvettelover
It took me two months to realize that the part I bought wasn't the part I received. Either way...two wrongs don't make a right.

I'll have to agree. But anyways, it's too late to change things now.
Old 11-16-2009, 10:00 PM
TECH Resident

Woah I'm going to step in here on this one. I've got 10k in this motor, thats ten thousand dollars. I don't have just ten thousand dollars I can just drop in a motor all at once. I've been collecting stuff over the months, and I'm still getting stuff collected. I've still got to buy injectors, tune, and a rear end. I have to pay to get my piping tig welded up, I have to buy some silicone reducers. Its taking forever to get this thing built. I've never seen Moral lifters before. I open up the box and see lifters. Hell they would have been installed and I would have thought they were Moral lifters all along until I noticed half the lifters were different from the other half. Then I got Moral on the phone and we spoke on 2 different occasions trying to figure out what lifters I had or how they were supposed to be installed. We knew they were not Moral lifters. When I tried installing the lifters is when my block work was done, I had got my forged stroker crank, JE boost pistons, Eagle H beam rods, L92 heads, LS3 intake, etc etc. it took alot of money to get to the point to where I could start assembling the block. So thats why it took me 8 months to figure out I wasn't sent the correct lifters.

On the other hand, He says he is going to refund my money so I am very thankful. Even though I bought through paypal, its out of their time period to make him pay me my money back. So that shows some honesty IMHO. At least he is stepping up and refunding my money guys. If he was a douche he would tell me to **** off and I would never hear from him again.
Old 11-18-2009, 08:06 AM
TECH Resident

Just want to update guys, he paid up last night. Thanks Moe
Old 11-18-2009, 09:59 AM
12 Second Club

No problem man.

have a good one
Old 11-21-2009, 06:44 AM
On The Tree

Good to hear it all worked out.
Old 11-21-2009, 07:35 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Got nothing but good things to say about Moe. I bought some TFS heads (which were way more than 75.00 bucks) no problems here.... Now he just needs to sell me the axis wheels.
Old 12-09-2009, 01:08 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by BLWNLT1_T/A
Got nothing but good things to say about Moe. I bought some TFS heads (which were way more than 75.00 bucks) no problems here.... Now he just needs to sell me the axis wheels.

Thanks man. I just sent you a PM on the Axis wheels!!