Negative Trader Feedback Disputes| Fraud Reports | Scam Warnings

Issue with Krislem1990 **resolved**

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2011, 08:08 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Issue with Krislem1990 **resolved**

I bought a turbo from Krislem1990 that was described as a "Turbonetics T76".

https://ls1tech.com/forums/parts-cla...tics-sale.html

It clearly isn't a Turbonetics unit, and I emailed the manufacturer pictures and spoke with them on the phone - they too confirmed that it wasn't one of their units.

I sent a PM to the seller a day or two after I received it and confirmed my suspicions that it was not the item advertised, and several days later I get a reply:

i bought it from someone. idk that much about it. i jus copied and pasted wat he said about it. any problems with it?
To which I replied that yes, there indeed was a problem with it. He never responded to me on LS1tech again, but I did find a previous PM where he included his cell phone number and I text him and told him what he sold me wasn't a Turbonetics T76 and I wanted my money back.

He replied he didn't have all the money right now, apologized and seemed very willing to make the deal right, so I (mistakenly, apparently) gave him the benefit of the doubt. He said he'd give me a partial refund later that night. I never got a refund, and when I followed back up with him, he told me he didn't have a job and was going to have to pay me the next weekend. The next weekend came and went, and I never received payment. I PM'd him on LS1tech, sent him a handful of texts, and emailed him - no reply. I figured the fact I was being ignored probably meant he was going to blow me off and not pay me.

I finally called him tonight and he said he couldn't find a job and didn't have any money. So he has $800 of my money and I still don't have a Turbonetics T76.

I will gladly withdraw my feedback when I receive my money. That being said...beware of dealings with him.

Last edited by evo462; 03-04-2011 at 07:11 AM.
Old 01-17-2011, 08:47 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

uhh,how the hell can he not find a job? is his tour of duty over? according to his posts that makes no sense whatsoever
Old 01-17-2011, 09:31 PM
TECH Resident

All he said is "he's having a hard time finding a civilian job now" or something. Do you know him? I PM'd promptly after receiving the turbo that it wasn't a T76 and that I wanted a refund, but it took him a good while to respond so I don't know where that $800 went I paid him, but the right thing to do would have been to refund me.
Old 01-18-2011, 01:08 PM
On The Tree

man, what is with people on here screwing folks? seems like it happens every day. other websites seem to have far fewer problems. does it have anything to do with the younger crowd that seems to frequent here? hopefully our hobby is not coming to this. im not an old fart either... 32 next month

good luck man!
Old 01-18-2011, 05:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Hopefully this doesn't get as bad as craigslist classifieds. Damn shame losers come on here and rip people off.
Old 01-19-2011, 02:55 AM
Staging Lane

That sucks bro. I saw the listing for that turbo, thought about buying it. I do remember him pm'ing me saying he was overseas and couldnt get a pic of it. That wasnt too long ago. If he was in fact deployed, he is now eligible for unemployment if he in fact is not active anymore. So **** him, who cares if he has a job. Go get your $800. People have been killed for less.
Old 01-26-2011, 03:04 PM
TECH Resident

Still no resolution...says he can't get a job and can't refund me.
Old 01-26-2011, 03:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If the money dealing was through paypal, they will help you to solve the problem and get atleast part of your money back. I had a problem on ebay with a deal.. Once I got my package, it wasn't at all what I had paid for. Call Paypal up and give them his address. They will contact him for you..
Old 02-05-2011, 11:07 AM
On The Tree

he is a YOUNG kid. Graduated in 2009?!

He DEFINATELY is still employed with the Army.

5 in 3 out. or 4 in 4 out. So HE DEFINATELY HAS A FRIKKIN JOB IF HE TRULY IS IN THE ARMY.

Thought I would help you out since the obvious was overlooked.

usually army reserves right just THAT. Reserves. So he leads people to believe he is full blown brat. (army)

I orginally was feeling bad for him. Maybe he made a sale so he can pay RENT if he had no job (I have NOTHING to base that on, it was just a THOUGHT). But if he graduated highschool in '09 and went into the ARMY THE NEXT DAY he would still have ATLEASTR.R 2 more years IN. ATLEAST.

So *** this kid. He probably is a LIAR.

Contact the Army Public Relations. They charge DOUBLE JEOPARDY. Fine in the real world, ***'ed in the branch.

Just figured I would offer up a variable thought no one else brought up
Old 03-04-2011, 07:11 AM
TECH Resident

To update this thread - I sold the turbo and Krislem1990 eventually refunded me the difference between what I paid him and what I was able to sell it for, so I wasn't out of pocket any money.

As I said originally, once I received a refund I would remove my negative feedback and set the story straight, so here it is. Took a little while to get resolved, but it got fixed in the end so I am satisfied.

Quick Reply: Issue with Krislem1990 **resolved**