Negative Trader Feedback Disputes| Fraud Reports | Scam Warnings

masteller - Be aware guys, possible rip-off

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2016, 07:56 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Default masteller - Be aware guys, possible rip-off

Sold a set of pushrods to this guy, wrapped them up and sent them in one of those padded envelopes the post office sells...tracking, insured etc.

The day of delivery comes and the tracking number updates with being delivered. A few hours later I get a PM from the guy stating that the package was ripped open and the contents were taken out.

Now does it seem suspicious to anyone else that the post office would deliver an empty ripped up envelope clearly missing its contents? I mean does the mailman look into his bag, sees a ripped up envelope with nothing inside with a label on it and decides to deliver it anyway?

Anyway, I insured the item just for this reason but the dude doesn't want to be bothered with that so he just files a dispute with paypal expecting me to just refund him the money withouth actually returning my items back to me. I'm fine with issueing a refund if he's not happy, but I want my damn pushrods back at that point...I don't want to be out money and the items.

I guess I should've known better than to sell to a guy with 0 rating, 0 posts and just joined in January...but at least he had a verified Paypal account. Be aware if you make any dealings with this guy in the marketplace.
Old 02-09-2016, 01:00 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wouldnt be so quick to judge. I just received a package via USPS that was torn up and retaped but still had a hole in it. 80% of the contents missing. It does happen. Good thing you insured it.
Old 02-10-2016, 08:12 AM
TECH Junkie

torn up and retaped but still had a hole in it. 80% of the contents missing.
Key words there, I would believe that a retaped package still containing stuff would be delivered as usual. A torn envelope with nothing inside...?

Anyway, I'm just making a warning for others to possibly watch out for him as to me this sounds fishy.
Old 02-10-2016, 11:27 AM
Staging Lane

Understand that. But It would not surprise me if USPS did deliver an empty package/envelope. Mine wasnt far from it.
Old 02-10-2016, 11:42 PM
TECH Regular

Usps will notify the receiver that the package was damaged, the padded flat rate envelope comes with 100$ in insurance, he needs to file a claim with the post office not paypal
Old 02-10-2016, 11:47 PM
TECH Resident

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

First off. You're not at fault here. Paypal can't and shouldn't deem you responsible. Usps isn't going to accept an open and ripped package. Especially an empty one.
Old 02-11-2016, 05:55 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by k_cash1432
Usps will notify the receiver that the package was damaged, the padded flat rate envelope comes with 100$ in insurance, he needs to file a claim with the post office not paypal

USPS did not notify me. The only notice I received was when I opened my mailbox and saw the ripped package

And just to be clear to the other post made, I am by no means taking sides here. I was just sharing my recent (last week) experience with USPS.

They will DELIVER a package that has damage, tear, hole, etc.
Old 02-11-2016, 08:55 PM
Launching!

Contact the postal service and have them look into it. I've never had good experiences with paypal in cases like this.
Old 02-12-2016, 10:47 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 37 Likes on 21 Posts

I had a package delivered missing stuff before. it was a padded mailer. the stick flap came open. when I opened my mailbox and picked up the package, it had a rubber band on it holding it down.

but it seems like hes being too hostile and filing the claim... that sounds fishy. iv done business on here and had stuff break or get damaged, they buyer offered a refund or credit. the fact that hes after money so bad to file a claim is more of a red flag to me then usps losing something.
Old 02-13-2016, 10:32 AM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The seller is responsible for making the claim not the buyer and it doesn't matter what he thinks you should do. File the claim online through the USPS. It's the only way to do it unfortunately. Contact HIS postmaster (which you should have done immediately while everyone's mind is fresh on it) The postmaster would then talk to the person delivering the item (mail carrier). I have little doubt that they would have remembered whether a package was torn or felt empty at the end of the day. However a couple of days later...good luck with that.
Old 02-20-2016, 07:15 AM
TECH Junkie

Well he won the case with paypal, I guess it doesn't matter to them that I have proof of delivery. So much for "seller's protection" eligibility lol.

Anyway, I spoke with the post office support and they said that they would never deliver an empty ripped up package. If at any point in the delivery process (from receipt of the package to final delivery) they noticed it like that then they would just declare it damaged/lost and would notify the parties involved. I asked if such tag was put on my package and they said no, so clearly it made it all the way to the guys house intact just the way I had sent it. And it was delivered to his mailbox not just left on the doorstep, so it's even less plausible that someone else besides him would have taken it and stolen the goods inside.

Oh well, at least it was only 75 bux but I'm done with paypal and will make sure he doesn't sell on here again.
Old 03-14-2016, 08:14 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 526 Likes on 356 Posts

I had it happen to me. a guy mailed me pushrods in a cardboard usps priority mailer and they delivered just the envelope. there are 16 7.375" manton pushrods somewhere between here and florida
Old 03-22-2016, 12:47 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

usps,fedex and ups are a joke. they know we need them and they can do whatever they want. Insurance? Yeah right. I haven't known anyone that has successful outcome after claiming.

Quick Reply: masteller - Be aware guys, possible rip-off