Negative Trader Feedback Disputes| Fraud Reports | Scam Warnings

Advice needed within (Resolved)

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2005, 11:18 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Advice needed within (Resolved)

First off, i am NOT trying to start anything with anyone, and I hate to bring something like this out on the board, but my reputation here on LS1Tech has been threatened. Myself and NufNuffz28 have been parting out a 98 T/A that we bought from 12Stones here on the board. We have sold MANY things to various members on this board, all who have been very satisfied. We pride ourselves in carrying a good reputation and being straight forward and honest with everyone we deal with. Every part we take off of this car is tested to make sure it is EXACTLY as described before it is sold. To get to the point, We sold the Monsoon tape deck/CD changer combo to Snapps here on the board for 135.00 shipped. We not only tested the radio while it was still in the T/A, but we also removed it, and plugged it in a 99 Camaro to make sure it worked perfectly, as the 2 front speakers in the T/A were removed by 12Stones before we bought the car. The radio functioned PERFECTLY. I personally packaged the combo myself, and took it to a friends business to be shipped, as they have UPS come by twice a day to do pickups. Almost 2 weeks now after the package was delivered, Snapps claims that sound only comes out of 1 speaker, and the illumination does not work on the radio. Both of which were CONFIRMED to work before the packages left out of here. I also initially told him that I would include the changer wiring harness until I learned that all F bodys come with the harness from the factory. Thus negating the need to include it. He confirmed it for himself in this post https://ls1tech.com/forums/wiring-stereo-electronics/275038-head-unit-swap.html . He now feels that he has been wronged since I did not include this harness. I do not personally feel that I should refund the money for something that I verified was 100% functional when i shipped it out. There is no way to know if something was hooked up wrong on his end. I have given him the option to call, and he has ignored it. He now threatens to tarnish my name here on LS1tech, and I take that personally. Those who have dealt with myself or Nufnuffz28 know that we are far from shady. I was hoping to get some input from some of you on the best way to handle this situation. I have included all the correspondence dealing with this transaction below.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by screamin' 85 z
Hey, man! We are tyring to sell the tape deck and changer as one unit if you're interested. The changer does not have a cartridge in it, but everything else is good. We're asking 125.00 + shipping for the pair including the changer wiring harness. Let me know if we can help!---Dusty

Hello dusty. I have looked at the link. But the only stereo I seen was the aftermarket with LCD. Does this have the 7band eq adjustments, is the cartridge is still available to purchase at dealer or where ever?

Zip code is 46808. Indiana What are you wanting for shipping? Consider it sold as long as the everything works on the tapedeck. As well the cd changer. I will send money via paypal if we come to a deal today .

Jeff

Re: Tape Deck

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey, man. It does have the 7 band EQ, and the changer wiring harness is already in all of the cars, and is located behind the driver's side rear panel. The radio is for a 10 speaker system, and the cartridges CAN be obtained from the dealership. I am told that a Pioneer unit uses the same cartridge, but I don't know for sure. I've also attached a few links to pics. If you're still interested, the price is 135.00 shipped, and my paypal address is red355iroc@hotmail.com . Thanks a lot!---Dusty

------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok money is sent. Please tell me you will be using fed ex or ups and not USPS. Oh god USPS is slower than a 7year itch! All I ask from you now is a tracking number. Thanks again. Glad to do business with you.

Jeff

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok I bought the Monsoon Headunit and cd changer from you guys at most 2 weeks ago. I just went to day to install this tape deck itself and guess what.... It only plays sound out of one speaker, worse than that there is no lumination to the deck. I haven't had a chance to check out the changer due to the defective tape deck. Obv. I am not happy I sold my deck already. Due to taking your guy's word that this was in perfect working condition. I have the pm totally stating that I would buy it only IF IT WAS IN PERFECT CONDITION!! I am trying my hardest to understand why you sold me this deck, I want to know how you want to take care of this. As far as I am concerned the Changer is junk too unless I find a way to hook it up due to my radio is setting in a guy's car in IL. By all means I am not trying to be shitty, I am just really frustrated.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
OK......lets start at the top........We tried it in two vehicles to insure that it worked(98 TA and 99 SS). On both the illumination and sound worked out of all the speakers. You can pm the guy who we got the car from or the guy that we tried it in his car(not sure of his name on here at the moment).

When it left it was in perfect working condition as we tried it in two different cars just to insure that. The line after that I totally have no idea why you put that in there. We sold you the deck to help you out at a fair price fo just the changer(stated by yourself and people in some threads you posted in)

You can hook the changer up to your existing wires in the back driver panel. Pull it up and near to where the speaker grille is and under the carpet it should be there.

If the deck and changer wouldn't have worked we would have NOT sold it to you.

We try to be honest about everything that we do. We do not appreciate you acusing us of selling defective products as we are striving to be honest and fair.

How would this be best resolvedin your eyes.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Well lets start with the fact you stated in the pm that I was getting the wiring harness as well. I didn't see that. And If you want to call me a liar call me a liar. I will inconvience myself monday and go out there and take a friggin picture. Cuz that is what I am taking from your comment. Second I had the President of the Company there while I was installing it just so happened he was the only person in the shop on saturday. Screamin 85Z stated that said that he did not send that deck out himself. He said he gave it to his friend to ship out. That alone I could say they did something, but bottom line is " this sounds like the same old line and dance story you read on the forums". I have no reason to say it doesn't work. Cuz I am out a friggin CD Player. My car sits without radio. I will pay to ship it back to you I just need an address. If for some reason the dealer won't take my cartridge then I guess I am really screwed. I don't see how it would be wise for me or you to try to salvage this deal. I would like to keep the changer but I have a bigger problem which is I need somthing to plug it into. I can't wait to see what the dealer taxes me for a new head unit. And all I got was 90.00 for my new CD player that the dealer just replace last summer. I would like to have a refund don't forget to include the paypal fee that I will be taxed. As you can see I didn't run out on the post and cry murder nor hit paypal up for a dispute. I would hope that there isn't going to be any problems.

Thanks for your time nufNuffZ I just realized that this is really screamin's deal.
----------------------------------------------------------------------

.. I understand that you are having problems with the headunit that you purchased from us. I can assure you that we tested the unit on 2 different vehicles to make sure it worked. We would NOT have sent out a defective unit. As far as the shipping thing goes. It appears that you think that the person that sent out the unit for me may have damaged it in some way. I personally boxed the unit up myself, and can assure you that no damage was done to the unit by myself or the person that shipped it for me. There are MANY people that have purchased from us, and can vouch for our reputation for fairness. According to your PM to chris, it seems that you feel that you are being fed the "same song and dance" meaning that you feel that we are being dishonest with you. You also stated that you feel that you are being ripped off because I told you that I would send you the wiring harness to the changer. This was before I learned that the wiring harness for the changer comes from the factory in all f-bodys. Therefore, you already have the harness in your car, thus negating the need to send it to you..I told you that in a previous PM. In this thread https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...ht=changer+wire you were told the same thing. So that should not be an issue. The bottom line is this. We tested this unit in 2 vehicles. The unit worked PERFECTLY, or we would not have sold it to you. That's NOT how we operate. There are plenty of people who can vouch for that. I do not know why the unit is not working in your vehicle. There is no way for me to know what happened to the unit after it left my hands. All i know is that it worked perfectly when it was here. If you would like to discuss this further, feel free to call Chris at xxx-xxx-xxxx

Last edited by screamin' 85 z; 02-26-2005 at 11:28 PM.
Old 02-26-2005, 11:19 PM
Staging Lane

----Continued

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I will be blunt . If you are not going to refund my money. I will give the go ahead from my credit card company to contest. I am not stupid. And you are trying to pull a fast one over me. I have nothing else to discuss. I told you that I wanted a refund you want to bs me that way well fine. I don't have anything else to say. I have save each and everyone Of my emails on ls1tech. As well I will send you the friggin pm where you stated that the harness was included. You didn't ever say that you wasn't going to give it. That is the least of the concerns. I called my credit card company today b4 I even typed you a message and asked them if I should handle it with you first and then call back. So being that I have the messages from today and all from the past, I will be emailing all of it to them so they can persue the dispute. You haven't got your money yet and if you insist on the excuses that you tried it on two different cars why would you go to the extreme and try it on 2 cars common sense would say that if it worked in one car it would work in any, which is just 1 more excuse from a shady dealer like you. I have no choice but to contest. Once that they have verified that you are not getting one red cent I will return this as they have directed me to do. So if you refuse to give me an address to ship this to "which" I might add will be signature required then I guess it will sit in my house untill you decide to give me an address. Then you can verify that this is the same unit. And further more why the hell would I go to this extreme? considering that after its all said and done my car is left with out a radio. Mine is gone as stated in earlier msg to nuffZ. So like I said you personally didn't see the package to delivery, which was stated as well to my CC company.

So the ball is in your court. I will give you this last chance to refund yourself without gettting any remarks on paypal or ls1tech.

Jeff

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Look.... I have never done anyone wrong on this or any other board. Like I said before...Everything we have sold is tested to make sure it is 100% as described. The reason I tested it in another car is because the T/A had both front speakers removed, and I wanted to make sure all speakers worked...Which they did. As far as the wiring harness goes, it is tied in with the factory radio harness...I told you this..I also told you that it was factory in ALL f bodys...which it is. when i found this out, it was made clear that you didn't need this harness because you already had one!! I was going to include it if it was required to make the changer work in your car. As far as the shipping thing goes, I packaged it, and I dropped it off to be shipped. When YOU ship something, do you follow it around until it gets put on the truck??? Bottom line is, It got there, and obviously with no damage to the box, or you would've reported that. So the shipping thing should not even be an issue. Accusing me of being a shady dealer??? FAR from it. I want to make this right, and this is my offer. If you ship the headunit back to me..ONLY the head unit, as there is nothing wrong with the changer, And I see that the headunit is bad, I will refund you 60.00. If there is nothing wrong with the unit, I will be sending it back to you and you will receive no compensation. I am doing this NOT because you threatened me with your credit card company and Paypal, not to mention the personal attacks, but because I want to be fair about this. That is my offer. 60.00 for the headunit if it is in fact bad. You are still welcome to call.
---------------------------------------------------------------
Let me ask you this. Why the hell would I even go threw this if the head unit worked. BTW the CC issue is not a "treat" it's a promise.Here is what I will do tomorrow. I am going to go back out to the shop that has my car. I will install the deck again. Take a picture of the deck so you can see I am not feeding You a line of bs. Now I don't appreciate you saying that the unit worked and himhaw around why not come out and say it worked here you broke it. Cuz that is what it seems to be your saying. I got the package and it sat @ my house till yesterday which is when I went to install it. I will send you the head unit back. As for the changer, unless I have a head unit that works, then I don't know if that works as well. If you stop and think about it. I am radioless, I have a 75.00 CD cartridge that I purchased and I cannot get a refund for it. And its going to cost me a butt load of money to buy a new deck from the dealer. All so I can at least have music. As I stated I sold my deck for 90.00 shortly after I bought yours. So even If I send the deck back I am still screwed. So I say I will send you the changer and deck back. But I want my refund. If not then you know where this is going too.
------------------------------------------------------------------
(from Snapps again)
You know what. I am not going to even dispute this. I am going to go out to dynotech on monday or tuesday with my "Video Camera" and show you exactly what I am talking about. You will have your money on time as schedule how ever you want to look at it. But what I do ask is that you watch the dvd of the install of the monsoon deck you sent me which will contain a zoomed image of your serial number on top of the deck, as well once the deck is in and turned on you will be able to see that I am not bull shitting you about this deck. I will even include a walk around of this car. I show it. I don't drag race it, beat on it. I respect my car. Not to say anything above means that they don't respect there car. It just not me. Never the less as soon as I am done capturing the video footage I am going to take it out to the dealer and have them send it back to be refurbished. This is not worth the hassel for me to still send this back to you and take the chance of not getting any refund. So being that I did call my CC company yesterday they didn't stop anything but they did say that if I call back they would dispute it instantly. So as it stands paypal doesn't know & I am not calling the cc back and you get your money. But I will say I doubt that I will buy anything from these boards again due to this. Just watch the video is all I ask.
---------------------------------------------------------------
Listen, Jeff...The radio WORKED HERE.... That is all I know. You already offered to send the headunit back in this PM to nufnuff " I have no reason to say it doesn't work. Cuz I am out a friggin CD Player. My car sits without radio. I will pay to ship it back to you I just need an address." Now..You obviously have my address, and my offer is if you send it back, and it doesn't work, I will give you 60.00. If you don't think that is fair, then I don't know what to tell you. You keep bringing up the shipping thing..I boxed the unit up, and took it to my friends business for UPS to pick up..What is wrong with that??? you got the unit On time and apparently the box was undamaged, or you should've reported it to UPS. And lastly WHY do you keep bringing up the fact that the wiring harness was not included??? After looking at the harness, It is incorperated into the main harness to the back of the car, and becomes the radio harness...YOU ALREADY HAVE THIS HARNESS IN YOUR CAR....YOU DO NOT NEED IT. This is the 4th time i have told you this...You even found out for yourself on the board. At any rate. You have my offer...Send the headunit back like you said you would in the PM to NufNuff...If we with our own eyes..NOT a video or picture, See that it is in fact broken, We will send you 60.00 back. THAT IS MY OFFER. And once again...You can call xxx-xxx-xxxx, and we can talk about this over the phone. I have offered 3 times now, and you don't seem to feel the need to call. Once again..Return the unit...If WE see that it does not function, and the serial number matches the one we sent, you get 60.00. There isn't a person on this board that wouldn't think that was fair.

WEll I just spoke with my CC company and this charge is in dispute. I have you address on the box you shipped this to me. I will be shipping it back the tapedeck and cd changer to the address that you shipped from, as well there will be a required signature. This is straight from my company I explained to them that you are willing to refund 60.00 for the tapedeck and nothing more as well that I was going to just let it go. But they have advised me to ship it all to ya. Which is what I have been asking all along from you. Tomorrow morning I am shipping this mechandise back to you with a required signature as well I will email you a tracking #. As soon as I do that I am supposed to fax over all of the PM's on this deal, including the pm where you stated that your friend sent it and the pm with the harness. Yes I spoke to ppl on the net about the harness unfortunately I have 2001 that didn't come prewired. Never the less it is out of my hands now. So thanks for the friggin headache. I was going to let it go but after reading your PM and thinking more about the bs I feel it is the only way to fix the problem. BTW I have taken pictures of the serial numbers as well that way you can try to pull a fast one at the end. Which typically shady dealers will do.

Enjoy lol

Last edited by screamin' 85 z; 02-27-2005 at 05:04 PM.
Old 02-26-2005, 11:44 PM
11 Second Club

I know both NuffNuff and Screamin. They are both very honest dudes who would not ship a bad part knowingly.

If there is a problem with this Item it was either damadged in shipping, installed improperly, or malfunctioned a few days after the install.

Dusty that is very good of you to offer to give him part of the money back for the head unit if it is found to be bad.

Brad
Old 02-26-2005, 11:47 PM
ACW
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Suggestion... UPS includes insurance in the cost of shipment, have you guys looked into getting them to compensate the buyer for the damage which sounds like it probably occurred during shipment?
Old 02-27-2005, 12:19 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by ACW
Suggestion... UPS includes insurance in the cost of shipment, have you guys looked into getting them to compensate the buyer for the damage which sounds like it probably occurred during shipment?
That really makes me wonder about the "buyer". I don't think UPS would cover it unless it was obvious shipping damages.....like something visual. Good point though.

As for screamin' 85 Z and nufnuffZ28, they are both well known and respected members on a board I am an administrator on, www.horsepowerjunkies.com. They both had this same "parts" car on our board, and sold many parts on our site alone. Since also I know both of them personally, I can honestly say that neither one of these guys are looking to rip anyone off to make any free money.

In a situation like this, its hard to point fingers for either party. Since I know the sellers, I can stand behind their findings with this radio and make a judgement from there. In fairness of the buyer, he is taking his own risk in the purchase......just like purchasing something used or even "new" from any one person or vendor. In my eyes, there are only 2 possibilities in this situation; the first being that the radio somehow was damaged during shipping, or the vehicle it was installed in has problems beyond the radio (amp). The other possibility is that this "buyer" is scamming the seller, trying to send a faulty radio back in its place (hence, free radio). The buyer must understand this, even if he is being honest about it. You have to see both sides.

Surely I would not be happy if I installed an item that did not work, but instead of sending threatening emails/messages, I would pursue contacting who I bought it from first without a bad attitude which was displayed here. Contacting a person like this surely does not help the situation. I feel TOTALLY sure that screamin' 85 Z and nufnuffz28 will address and handle the situation as fairly as possible. IMHO, buying something used is risky even if you pick it up with your hands and buy it on the spot.......I wouldn't blame screamin' 85 Z and nufnuffz28
for refusing to refund the money.

Already typed enough, just wanted to give a plug for both screamin' 85 Z and nufnuffz28. I actually went to dinner tonight with both of these guys and this topic was discussed thoroughly. Different points and methods of handling it were discussed, but the "buyer" doesnt seem to think anyone is at fault but screamin' 85 Z and nufnuffz28. In the PM's exchanged, they even sent the buyer their cell phone number to call to try and work something out. Either way, I think it would be a pretty standup thing to refund any part of the money paid, but at the same time in my eyes I don't see a reason why a refund should be given at all.

-Darren
Old 02-27-2005, 02:18 AM
Teching In

As mentioned above by alot of us, Dusty (Screamin' 95Z) and Chris (NuffNufZ28) are all good people, that stereo unit was personally tested on MY 99' Camaro SS, we made sure the illumination lights are working and the dimmer was functioning as it is supposed to be, it was tried multiple times to make sure nothing would short out, and on my car it worked PERFECTLY FINE threatening someone is not an answer and it would take you nowhere, my advice is to try and put it into someone elses vehicle to see if it works first, you may have a wiring problem yourself, my car has the monsoon sound system and wiring harnesses for the CD Changer already comes on your car as most F-Body enthusiasts should already know, lets not jump the gun shall we? If this ever goes to court I will make sure that I will be a standing witness and also my car is a candidate to ensure that the tape deck is a WORKING UNIT, Chris and Dusty are both reputable people, I can say for sure they have alot more patience then I do. I myself have bought a transmition from that car, and I trust Chris and Dusty's judgement on the review of it's working order, if you give them a call I am sure you people can work it out like men, they're friendly people and I know it first hand!

George
Old 02-27-2005, 02:45 AM
Teching In

ohh and Jeff just for the numb nuts sake of darwin, I will personally go out and take a few pictures for what you and your "installers" should be looking for tomorrow morning, the wiring harness on that T/A is as the same as your T/A, my Camaro and John Doe's Firebird, don't even begin to blame it on the lack of a wiring harness, that cartridge you need can be purchased in ANY circuit city or best buy same brand as a Alpine 12 stack cartridge.
Old 02-27-2005, 09:58 AM
On The Tree

I can also vouch for both sellers. I've known them personally for a couple of years, and both are upstanding guys. They not only sell parts (exactly as described), but install and work on local cars......and have MANY, MANY happy customers. This is the first negative comment I've heard since I've known them, so I have to believe that if they checked the radio out, it was indeed working when Screamin dropped it off to be shipped. I was interested in the wheels off of the same T/A parts car, but Screamin wouldn't even let me make an offer untill he had taken them off of the car and had them checked out first.

Hope this gets resolved in a mature manner!!
Old 02-27-2005, 10:16 AM
On The Tree

I find it hard to beleive that either of them would have sent you something that didn't work or even half didn't work, as both of them are stand up people and wouldn't try and "pull a fast one" one anyone. My advice is go about this a lil bit more adult like and call them since its obvious they are willing to work with you to make this right.

Joe
Old 02-27-2005, 10:54 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Did it include a new amplifier? That could be causing some speakers not to play. Did he check to make sure that is not his speaker that does not work? Something sounds fishy to me.
Old 02-27-2005, 03:25 PM
On The Tree

I can also vouch for both sellers. Both have performed flawless and competent work on my own personal vehicle as well as having been stand-up guys in our community. They are definitely trustworthy, and I'd believe any testing they did.

Mike
Old 02-27-2005, 09:33 PM
TECH Resident

As the others have said, both these guys are honest, and i can vouch and say they worked flawlessly without the slightest issue in my car. -Jim
Old 02-27-2005, 11:01 PM
Staging Lane

Well, we talked on the phone today, and it seems everything is resolved. Snapps is really not a bad guy. Once it was understood that neither of us was trying to screw the other, we came to a resolution. He is going to accept the 60.00 for the headunit, and try to get another. If for some reason the changer doesn't work, I will refund him the rest of the money. All is taken care of. And thank you guys for the kind words about myself and NufNuff.
Old 02-27-2005, 11:10 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well I am pretty sure dusty I made it clear that I wasn't tarnishing your name. Further more I guess I see you felt the need to go public with it. All I wonder is what good did you post here help with our situation. I am glad to see as well that some peeps think is the buyer. Well think what you want and opinions vary. I my self have sold about 1,500.00 worth of parts on these forums and ls1 and each and everyone of them would vouch and say that I totally give them the right to send back what ever they buy from me with no questions asked as long as they pay the shipping. So don't get on here and say that makes you wonder about the buyer "97HMS SS" cuz I am very fair to the buyers. Think what you all want. Your opinions are welcome
P.S. I am glad to see this was updated dusty. LOL
Old 02-27-2005, 11:11 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 12stones
As the others have said, both these guys are honest, and i can vouch and say they worked flawlessly without the slightest issue in my car. -Jim
Hey, Jim! Just wanted to remind you that we had the exhaust and headers off of your car! No rush here, just letting you know. As I think Chris told you, we had to cut the exhaust just behind the header, as the clamps that were used basically made it IMPOSSIBLE to slip the exhaust off of the header because of the indention left by the clamps. We tried EVERYTHING to get it off without, but we cut it in a spot where it did not damage the headers, and can be easily welded. Thanks for the kind words about us on the feedback forum by the way!---Dusty

Quick Reply: Advice needed within (Resolved)