Negative Trader Feedback Disputes| Fraud Reports | Scam Warnings

i think i got ripped off on my dyno tune..

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2005, 12:33 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Like I said, after tuning hundreds and hundreds of happily tuned customer's cars, you're bound to get a handfull that wont be happy, and apparently their friend's friend's friend's wont be happy for them either, such as Jay and Mr.Goob, errrrrrr Mr. Dude.
Old 12-15-2005, 12:42 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

goob is a new one.

usually they call me MrDumbass.

everything else aside, based solely on the work hes done that i have seen, i would never let the man touch my car.

if anyone, regardless of previous tuner or no tuner at all, asks nicely for my help on anything car related, i usually give it. its just the kind of guy i am, i like cars. so no, im not trying to take anyone's tune, anyone's business or anything else like that... if he wants to tune it himself and wants help, id gladly help anyway i can.

thats really all it comes down to on the subject. so if you're mature, you can see how you should just leave me, jay, and pretty much anyone else out of it.
Old 12-15-2005, 12:44 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by GreenbeanZ28
Like I said, after tuning hundreds and hundreds of happily tuned customer's cars, you're bound to get a handfull that wont be happy, and apparently their friend's friend's friend's wont be happy for them either, such as Jay and Mr.Goob, errrrrrr Mr. Dude.

Question....after tuning HUNDREDS of cars......why would an auto with a moderate cam need the idle bumped up to 900RPM's? Oh....and why would that same car still die at every stop sign?

Of course I don't understand that because I'm not a pro. Maybe you can tell me why. And this was a very good friend....not the hear say you try to make it out to be.

His other car had a constant P300 random misfire code. And was told he had something wrong with his ignition or coil packs. Hmmmm that one seems pretty common after a cam swap. Yet it's blamed on ignition? WTF?
Old 12-15-2005, 12:48 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by jay_99z
Question....after tuning HUNDREDS of cars......why would an auto with a moderate cam need the idle bumped up to 900RPM's? Oh....and why would that same car still die at every stop sign?

Of course I don't understand that because I'm not a pro. Maybe you can tell me why.

232/234 .598 lift is moderate for an LS1? Since when? His car dies because his 02's are fried/slow, and its loading up with fuel, which could also cause a stumble/surge. Jp knows of this, Creech told him of it.
Old 12-15-2005, 12:50 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by MrDude_1
goob is a new one.
Thanks.

so if you're mature, you can see how you should just leave me, jay, and pretty much anyone else out of it.
Sure thang.
Old 12-15-2005, 12:53 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by GreenbeanZ28
232/234 .598 lift is moderate for an LS1? Since when? His car dies because his 02's are fried/slow, and its loading up with fuel, which could also cause a stumble/surge. Jp knows of this, Creech told him of it.

dude, hes not talking about JPs car.

i wouldnt base everything, or anything ive said off of JPs car.

this stuff is based off of SEVERAL seperate cars that either are from the lowcountry, or have visited here.

this may come as a shock to you, living in the upstate where everyone is at each others throats, but around here, almost every modded LS1 owner knows each other, or atleast a couple people in the group... theres well over 50 of us locally.. not everyone is on the damn internet.

believe me, ive seen enough CAM tuned cars to make a informed opinion.
Old 12-15-2005, 12:57 PM
Banned

believe me, ive seen enough CAM tuned cars to make a informed opinion.
Believe me, I've seen enough CAM tuned cars to make an informed opinion

Quick Reply: i think i got ripped off on my dyno tune..