Negative Trader Feedback Disputes| Fraud Reports | Scam Warnings

i think i got ripped off on my dyno tune..

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2005, 05:04 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

will leave this here for a little while longer... if it seems to disappear it's just been moved to the non sponsor feedback area
Old 12-14-2005, 05:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Sorry to hear about your bad luck. Lately I've seen lots of professional tunes that did nothing for the car. I even spoke to somebody who removed a cam because no "pro" shop knew how to do anything but wot. what a shame.

Also, I know how local boards work. There was a guy around here a few years back that people woulda been a body guard for, however I dont think he was ever very good, had slow cars ect but some people would live by him.

If your ever up in the midwest i'd gladly retune it for free.. Or at least a free meal
Old 12-14-2005, 06:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Please comment on this and I notice you did not mention that Jeff had already worked with your car before it went up their via his mail order tuning and you were going up there to finish up the tune: FYI-those reading Jon mentioned in here is the person who started this thread...

Originally Posted by milkman
When it comes to customer service, how's being available to answer questions via AIM at 11pm on a Sunday night stack up? Jon couldn't get his car to start, and I was there to help, late night. He never mentions that... Funny.

When we open the hood on his junk the radiator is boiling over because some idiot didn't tighten the cap. Funny he doesn't mention that.

I am available to my customers to help with issues that don't relate to tuning or what I've done to their cars, and not quite 24x7, but as Jon could tell you, definately into the later hours on the weekends even. Phone, email, AIM, etc. I try to be there for my customers. Of course, he won't mention that on ls1tech either, but the same 5 people who hate me jump in and say I'm the anti-christ, I'm used to it. I have over 900 happy customers, and yeah they call and I try to be there for them and tune at the same time. If I didn't answer the phone you'd be saying, what a crock, you can never get him on the phone, I got ripped off.

What the tuning fee includes is free updates and free support on stuff related and not related to tuning. Of course, you have forfeited that, and I really hope you'll remove my tune and not save it anywhere, and that you will do that as soon as possible. You'll never be happy, so go ahead and get Mr Dude to tune it and then talk as much **** about him as you have about me. That would be really funny.

I tried your timing at 28* and 26* and 24.5* (never 24.0*, at least get the facts right in your tune) and it made the same power at all three timing levels (within 1-2 rwhp) so why would I not use the timing level that would be safest? Especially if I know the car will be sprayed?

We went on a test drive of about 6 miles and you never said a single negative word about the part throttle drivability of the car. If you were not happy then and you didn't say anything, you are an idiot. If I go to a professional, let's say a plumber, and he does something for me, and I'm not happy and I don't say something right then to try and get what I want, well, then I'm a total dumbass.

A *man* of intergity says stuff to someone's face, not behind your back. You are not a man, and you have no integrity. You are a child who spends too much time on the internet and not enough time on the track.

Good luck, I think you're gonna need it.
-jeff
Old 12-14-2005, 07:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Tireburnin
We went on 2-3 drives around town and my driveability is great.
Without an Eddy current dyno ot load it down, this is the only way to get it to drive right. From what I'm reading, he didn't do that with this car though. By not doing this, the only thing you'll accomplish is a car that runs at WOT. If he did a mail order previously, then essentially all you got was a few pulls to see what your TQ/HP is.
Old 12-14-2005, 07:49 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Shon Herron
Please comment on this and I notice you did not mention that Jeff had already worked with your car before it went up their via his mail order tuning and you were going up there to finish up the tune: FYI-those reading Jon mentioned in here is the person who started this thread...
*we will skip the Jeff reply*

All I can say is someone who has an attitude like that deserves to be out of business...

Jon is still the customer, regardless, he deserves to be treated with respect, not attacked because he questioned the work done. All I see is Jeff being rude, obnoxious and in general an *** on a public forum. Anyone in thier right mind would see that post and refuse to go to him regardless of what anyone else says on the simple fact that he does not conduct himself professionally, nor does he have any respect for someone who has paid him money. Hell, I didn't notice anywhere in that quote where Jeff offered him his cash back for the screwed up tune he gave him. Plus, based on what Jon said (and he is the customer here, the one that has paid money for a service) it is obvious that no matter what he said to Jeff it was met with poor professionalism and the inability to answer simple questions. And quite honestly, Jon just posted his experience and did it in a non-threatening and non-rude manner. Obviously Jeff knows he screwed up and is looking to use his 'weight' on the local board to try to discredit Jon.

Being available a ton of hours means nothing if you don't give your undivided attention to a customer sitting in front of you that has traveled quite a distance to have you do work for them. They deserve 100% of your attention and you have the obligation to tell ANYONE else (unless it is a family emergency) that calls that you have to call them back, or better yet, turn your phone off to deal with the task at hand. That is what ANY true professional would do.

But to call a customers car 'junk', and to refer to them as an 'idiot' is just WAYYY out of line. Any way you look at it, this whole situation was dealt with the ethics and candor of a 'billy-bob backyard hack'... And the post Jeff made in reply just verifies that exact attitude.

Not very 'professional', nor does it give ANYONE any sort of confidence that he is as competent as some may think he is... And if he *IS* that competent then he obviously plays 'favorites' and doesn't apply a level of criticality and detail to every single customer that he does work for. Again someone most should probably stay away from if that is the attitude taken.

Point being, if he owns this business his business ethics and attention to making his business grow is shady at best and downright criminal at worst, as you can't advertise you offer a service, then accept money for that service and ultimately fail to deliver that service competently. And the excuse "you didn't say anything at the time" is a CYA, nothing more...

Jon, you should at the very least get a refund based upon an agreement that you will remove and delete the tune he did for you. If he won't accept a signed agreement to that end, then obviously he was looking to take advantage of you. If he does, then you should be able to get your money back and then move on.
Old 12-14-2005, 08:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

I wish you guys could read Jon's post on SCFYB, you would get an understanding where this stuff comes from.....
Old 12-14-2005, 08:24 PM
TECH Apprentice

I have had my car tuned with him twice. Once for cam only, and then more recently a h/c duals combo. I drove 320 miles one way to have this done. I can't say that I am disappointed. My numbers are great and over what I thought I would have. Jeff rode with me for the test drives, pulled the car on the dyno for about 5-6 runs. He adjusted things that didn't seem right and talked me through what he was doing. I didn't get any attitude from him. He spent hours messing with my car. The driveability isn't perfect, but I can't expect perfect with an M6 and XER aggressive lobes on a street car. I haven't had the experience of bad service with him. I am aslo on SCFYB and many over there are pleased with him. I do plan on buying EFILIVE as soon as I get the funds together and learning on my own. But it isn't because of service. I will be moving in the months ahead for a military change of station and don't really want to pay another tuner. Sorry to hear about the bad experience. Have you called him to see if he will mess with it some more and help you out? I had some O2 issues pop up after I left his shop and was half way home. He is curtious and respectful with every phone call.
Old 12-14-2005, 08:31 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 95 TA - The Beast
*we will skip the Jeff reply*

All I can say is someone who has an attitude like that deserves to be out of business...

Jon is still the customer, regardless, he deserves to be treated with respect, not attacked because he questioned the work done. All I see is Jeff being rude, obnoxious and in general an *** on a public forum. Anyone in thier right mind would see that post and refuse to go to him regardless of what anyone else says on the simple fact that he does not conduct himself professionally, nor does he have any respect for someone who has paid him money. Hell, I didn't notice anywhere in that quote where Jeff offered him his cash back for the screwed up tune he gave him. Plus, based on what Jon said (and he is the customer here, the one that has paid money for a service) it is obvious that no matter what he said to Jeff it was met with poor professionalism and the inability to answer simple questions. And quite honestly, Jon just posted his experience and did it in a non-threatening and non-rude manner. Obviously Jeff knows he screwed up and is looking to use his 'weight' on the local board to try to discredit Jon.

Being available a ton of hours means nothing if you don't give your undivided attention to a customer sitting in front of you that has traveled quite a distance to have you do work for them. They deserve 100% of your attention and you have the obligation to tell ANYONE else (unless it is a family emergency) that calls that you have to call them back, or better yet, turn your phone off to deal with the task at hand. That is what ANY true professional would do.

But to call a customers car 'junk', and to refer to them as an 'idiot' is just WAYYY out of line. Any way you look at it, this whole situation was dealt with the ethics and candor of a 'billy-bob backyard hack'... And the post Jeff made in reply just verifies that exact attitude.

Not very 'professional', nor does it give ANYONE any sort of confidence that he is as competent as some may think he is... And if he *IS* that competent then he obviously plays 'favorites' and doesn't apply a level of criticality and detail to every single customer that he does work for. Again someone most should probably stay away from if that is the attitude taken.

Point being, if he owns this business his business ethics and attention to making his business grow is shady at best and downright criminal at worst, as you can't advertise you offer a service, then accept money for that service and ultimately fail to deliver that service competently. And the excuse "you didn't say anything at the time" is a CYA, nothing more...

Jon, you should at the very least get a refund based upon an agreement that you will remove and delete the tune he did for you. If he won't accept a signed agreement to that end, then obviously he was looking to take advantage of you. If he does, then you should be able to get your money back and then move on.
thank you.. thank you... thank you....!!!!!! its not about the power the car made.. it may make more.. it may not.. calling me a child? the insults? from a reputable business??? ive never insulted this guy... just questioned what was going on.... i came on here, saying i think i might have got ripped off.. not that i got ripped off.. why didn't i say that.. cuz i didn't know.. it was the post and PM"S of others on here that made me feel unsure.. and now after reading that its set in stone!
Old 12-14-2005, 08:33 PM
11 Second Club

I DONT WONT A REFUND>>> I DONT WANT HIM TOUCHIN MY CAR... im not that kinda guy.. i dont really ask for him to be flamed in return of his comments.. i just simply want to know if ya'll think its messed up, and what i should do about it..

why cuz i dont know these things, i dont pretend to know these things. and everytime i ask him something i got my head bitten off.... so ofcourse i was weary to say something else!
Old 12-14-2005, 08:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

You ready to take on the LT1?
Just go run the SOB and let us know how it run on the track, then make a decision on if you have been wronged....
Old 12-14-2005, 08:37 PM
11 Second Club

I wish you guys could read Jon's post on SCFYB, you would get an understanding where this stuff comes from.....

yea go and read.. u will find 5 guys stuck up jeff's ***, that dislike me.. 5 older smarter when it comes to cars.. picking on a newb who just posted on ls1tech tryinig to find if something was right or not...

the 4 or 5 of them.. 2 of them mainly exsist on that local site just to give me ****.. and since they love jeff.. and im questioning him, its like open season on me! i do not care about that board..

lets let what needs to be seen, be seen in this thread.. the ONLY one i have posted ON THIS MATTER!!!! lets keep things straight forward and stick to facts..

anyways, it helps my decision making process when jeff came on here and made himself look like an ***!
Old 12-14-2005, 08:40 PM
11 Second Club

You ready to take on the LT1?
Just go run the SOB and let us know how it run on the track, then make a decision on if you have been wronged....

once again.. read some post on here.. im not the only one, and it aint about the #'s.. its about all the other **** that would even make me question in my mind rather or not i got ripped... you have nothing to add here, i suggest you not post
Old 12-14-2005, 08:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

You are right, I have nothing to add here.
Good luck to you and put it on the track and decide what you got first.

These others that want to tune your car, how fast are their cars going, how many satisfied customers do they have? how many people are calling them asking them to fly across the country to tune their cars? how many of them are running and can actually tell their tuning works? Not flaming, just asking.

I suggest running the car at a good track with good tires and then let the others tune it (if that is what you decide) and see how it goes from there.
Old 12-14-2005, 09:03 PM
11 Second Club

once again.. its not about that shon.. its not.. i ask two questions while i was there...

is the converter locked? do you want a ******* dyno queen or a ******* fast car.... was the response.. what the ****.. and he ask why i didn't complain while i was there lol.. i was jw.... i didn't know locked from unlocked.. was just eager to learn, i had nothing but hte upmost repsect when i walked into that place.. and no intention of this coming to what it has at all, ever.... if u believe one thing ive ever said, make it this post.... i would much rather have gone there and been overjoyed

dammit, i got to college full time, i work full time for next to nothing at blockbuster vidoe.. i pay my bills on time before i eat some months.. me and my fiance, bless her heart, she loves me and my hobby, saved pennies to get this car tuned... pennies!!!!!! think about that for a second... we were so proud of ourselves dammit! and now this happens.. do you honestly for one ******* second think this is what i wanted?????? thank you for all that have listened and responded.. it means more ot us then u will ever know.. milkman is right, we are just kids, we dont know anything, that is why i count on you guys!
Old 12-14-2005, 09:09 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry to see this happen to you! Goes to show that you really have to look into what the so-called tuner is going to do for you before hand. At the shop I tune for (can't say, non-sponsor) I spend from several hours to days on each car tuning idle, drivability, WOT on the dyno, converter lockup, shiftpoints, etc. Every car gets a complete custom tune with a wideband from top-to-bottom cause every car is different and that is the only way to do it right!
Old 12-14-2005, 09:17 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by SideStep
I wish I had known this before I blew $600 (more then a year ago) with him and his SC tuning unlimited (or what ever the F it was called)......

Funny quote from his web site..
Well sorry to hear you are not happy. I have been going to CAM for almost two years now and I have had nothing but great results and servce from Jeff. He just finished a HC swap and I could not be happier. When he tunes my car (and the few others I drove up to watch), he takes his time, makes several pulls and makes sure we are happy with it. We allways go for drives afterwards to make sure the idle and less than WOT is dead on too. Saturday's tour through Durham was not exciting, as it was all 30MPH lugging the car around, and the tune was spot on.

I bugged Jeff from Iraq 2 deployments, asking him thousdands of questions on mods and what works ect... he has always given me his honest opinion, and not what I wanted to hear.

Again, sorry you are not happy, but I could not be more happy with Jeff and CAM.
Dave
Old 12-14-2005, 09:19 PM
TECH Addict

Location: sojourning....looking for my city whose builder and maker is God.

Originally Posted by BLK02WS6
Sorry to see this happen to you! Goes to show that you really have to look into what the so-called tuner is going to do for you before hand. At the shop I tune for (can't say, non-sponsor) I spend from several hours to days on each car tuning idle, drivability, WOT on the dyno, converter lockup, shiftpoints, etc. Every car gets a complete custom tune with a wideband from top-to-bottom cause every car is different and that is the only way to do it right!
That's the only way to do it right and that's how we do it. You have to have the part throttle tune right before you do WOT tune anyhow. Or your "dynotune" will not be right.
Old 12-14-2005, 09:31 PM
Resident Racing Jerk

i never had any bad experiences with jeff. you guys just need to understand the kind of person that started this thread. that was the reason for jeff's angry post. and i dont blame him a bit, because it was uncalled for.
Old 12-14-2005, 09:31 PM
11 Second Club

well the sad thing is now.. on that local board he has 4-5 strong supporters who are ripping me to pieces... to them, first off i didn't post there cuz i knew that would happen... i posted here where i would get honest responses.. just wanted to awnser to there argument of why i dind't post there about it being unsatisfactory..

and his attitude was worse it seemed then the businesses that have gone bankrupt and ripped ppl thousands of dollars in lost motors and time...
Old 12-14-2005, 09:33 PM
Resident Racing Jerk

i smell b.s.

Quick Reply: i think i got ripped off on my dyno tune..