Negative Trader Feedback Disputes| Fraud Reports | Scam Warnings

i think i got ripped off on my dyno tune..

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2005, 09:33 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default i think i got ripped off on my dyno tune..

guy i wont name names.. but he spent 1.5 hrs total on my cam only car...

atleast 50% of the time he was on the phone. 25% of the time he was making jokes.. and he maybe spent 20 minute dynoing/adjusting things on his lap top.. it was kinda a joke..

baselined 329, went home with 341.. car still surges, still cuts off.. ******* trans goes into limp home mode cuz the computer thinks the 4000 stall is really the stock stall slipping and basically, im almost just as bad, maybe worse off then before....

car did pick up a good amount of tq.. but after the third pull he said it was done and there was no more he could do and the #'s were great.. when i ask why they were lower then most.. worried maybe i had a piston problems..

he said simply did i want a ******* dyno queen???? or did i want a car that would run good at the track adn **** like that..

he had started the pulls at like 5500rpm.... i didn't understand this, and my tq was **** up there.. that wans't showing me anything

so he did make one final 4th pull, from about 3000ish and the car made 376 tq right off the bat.. i can only imagine and wonder..

i drove 7hrs/500miles round trip to see this guy cuz they all said he was the best.. but now im starting to wonder.. maybe he is just that good, but everyone ive ever talked too, has always made 2-3x that number of pulls, and often times the guy did what he could to get it just right......
Old 12-13-2005, 09:35 PM
11 Second Club

4 pulls for 400$ to adjust from running like **** to running perfect seems a lil bit high when he maybe spent a few seconds on his laptop, then talked on the phone for 20 minutes then ran it again, then repeat... i dind't say much, but i wondered and i searched on here, and well what do you guys think?

the kids that were helping him kept asking if like he was gonna hook a certain something up to the car or something and he was like i dont have 5 hrs to tune this car and **** under his breath... was really ******* gay and pretty much an *** when i ask 1-2 questions
Old 12-13-2005, 09:51 PM
TECH Regular

Why all the secrecy, we need to know who this is so others know what to expect...

Please post the name and info about this 'tuner' and we can all decide from there...

Sorry, for ANYONE to be unprofessional with ANY customer means they are unprofessional period... None of this "I know such and such" name dropping BS and you get a decent tune...

Seriously, we all need to know how this person treated even one customer poorly, so that others don't get the same treatment from him...

Think of it this way, if you posting his name causes him to do right by ALL his customers from this point on, then you actually did him a service more than harm... If he gets pissed and bitches and moans then it just confirms he is a hack ******* that plays 'favorites'... Regardless of skills...
Old 12-13-2005, 10:03 PM
11 Second Club

well it was c.a.m motorsports in durham NC... jeff creech.. some of my local board members love him and are good friends and dont like me as it is.. and they get on here.. im sure they will get on here and defend him.. tho im sure he didn't treat them the same way.. there was even a post in the local board where someone siad they emailed him.. his good friend about me and my car and put a haha next to that.. so if he didn't treat me like *** on purpose, then he got around to it one way or another...

i just cant believe he only picked up 12rwhp.. he blamed my fuddle converter.. said it was a pos, and did quite a bit of bashing when i brought up some #'s and how ppl liked the converters on ls1tech.. i know there not a yank, but he was trying to put the whole thing on them it seemed... i couldn't ask him a simple question, out of sheer curiousity and excitment from being at the dyno the first time without him getting extremely annoyed, and defensive.... im not upset cuz the #'s are low.. if it dynoed 450rwhp.. id still be a lil put out over the fact of 4 runs and like 10 minutes spent with the laptop total for 400$.....
Old 12-13-2005, 11:04 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well I am sorry to hear about your experience...I had mine done at RWTD. They only did 4 runs for me for $400.00 but the I ended up with 390/384, and my car runs so much better now almost like stock x with more power. I hope you can get it worked out, because sounds like he did you wrong, with that cam you should be making way more power than that TC or not.
Old 12-13-2005, 11:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

I had a bad experience with CAM also... turned-off KR between 3600 to 4600 rpms on my ATI SC C5...

good luck...
Old 12-13-2005, 11:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I see a trend forming....

that sucks, to spend that money for that quality of work.
Old 12-13-2005, 11:58 PM
11 Second Club

thanks guys
Old 12-14-2005, 12:18 AM
11 Second Club

explain to me why a currently n/a cam only car is only running 24 degrees of timing..... if that, on 95 octane with no knock???

why would a dyno tuner not go higher to see if there was more power.. most ppl seem to be running more then that.. im really starting to be freaked out here a lil the more i search and read

Last edited by LS1_PNYTAMR; 12-14-2005 at 12:50 AM.
Old 12-14-2005, 12:48 AM
TECH Addict

341 only.hard to believe.with that cam thiers more.my 02.cent
Old 12-14-2005, 05:39 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Tuning the car on a dyno to get more out of it WOT will not make it drive better. To tune a car for driveability, you need to do it on the street or use an eddy current dyno. The surging you are describing won't get fixed doing WOT dyno pulls. On another note - it doesn't sound like he gave a paying customer his undivided attention and did his best to make sure you got max results for your money. Customer service goes a long way!
Old 12-14-2005, 06:56 AM
TECH Addict

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Sorry to hear your story. Your HP numbers are on the low side. I'd set timing at 26-28 and the AF to about 12.7-12.9 on the dyno.

When I tune cars, I spend a good amount of time of part throttle tuning to make sure it's good to go then we get on the dyno. For the most part I spent between 3-5 hours per car and 99% of the time the price stays the same. I want them to be happy.

If you weren't so far away, I'd help you out for cheap.
Old 12-14-2005, 09:07 AM
On The Tree

Man, I was gonna guess it was Jeff Creech. I'm not going to get specific, but he screwed over a friend of mine who was trying to sell his motor. When it came time to have my h/c vette tuned, I went to Ryan's Performance Machines in Garner (Raleigh) NC. Great bunch of guys over there.

Last edited by horist; 12-14-2005 at 09:13 AM.
Old 12-14-2005, 09:33 AM
10 Second Club

JP, Have you gotten the random misfire code yet? Does your car actually idle when you come to a stop light? Classic Milkdud work. I warned you about him. He is a piece of ****(not just as a tuner). The guys on SCFYB will defend him forever. Almost all of the Charleston guys have had problems with his work. One by one they come forward. Sorry dude.

Last edited by jay_99z; 12-14-2005 at 09:42 AM.
Old 12-14-2005, 09:41 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

heres a hint.

i tune my car.
i tune my friends cars.
i know whats involved.

i posted MONTHS ago about jeff, his crap, ect.

i get yelled at on the local board by jeff supporters.

same thing with my friend Jay_99z.

notice we dont even bother talking about milkdud anymore... noone wants to hear it.

its kinda sad, but the only way to get this point across now, is by people like you having your motor crap tuned, blown, or whatever.... until enough of them happen that theres a pattern.... you know, a pattern like whats forming now.

i can show you BINs of cars hes done... and i can go point by point and tell you why id NEVER let this man touch my car. ESPICALLY any street car. some of his **** would fly just fine for a track only car... but wouldnt work in the real world on the street...

sorry to hear about your **** tune.
Old 12-14-2005, 09:42 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I too had heard nothing but good about jeff@CAM but the fact still remains if they do little to no part throttle tuning especially on a car with a larger then stock camshaft they will rarely get your driveability the best it can be, obviously.
Old 12-14-2005, 09:54 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by foff667
I too had heard nothing but good about jeff@CAM but the fact still remains if they do little to no part throttle tuning especially on a car with a larger then stock camshaft they will rarely get your driveability the best it can be, obviously.
minimal idle tuning.
no part throttle tuning
and he does his WOT fueling by modifying the injector constants.

thats cira 1998 tuning right there... lol.

litterally, 3 hours with HPtuners and a wideband, and a 100%amature could get the WOT fueling correct. MUCH less time if you know what you're doing and not following a "guide"
and at the same time, you could get the part throttle tuning almost dead on.

the only diff is you wouldnt have your dyno numbers....

anyhoo, i better leave this thread before it turns to a bitchfest.. lol. theres no need for me to drop down to calling out anymore then i already have...
Old 12-14-2005, 10:00 AM
11 Second Club

thanks guys for ur support on here.. please dont take this back to the scfyb local board....

for those wondering mr dude and jay99 are from my local board.. and they know that if this got back there we will be flamed for all of eternity

Last edited by LS1_PNYTAMR; 12-14-2005 at 10:53 AM.
Old 12-14-2005, 10:03 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by MrDude_1
i posted MONTHS ago about jeff, his crap, ect...

...its kinda sad, but the only way to get this point across now, is by people like you having your motor crap tuned, blown, or whatever.... until enough of them happen that theres a pattern.... you know, a pattern like whats forming now.

i can show you BINs of cars hes done... and i can go point by point and tell you why id NEVER let this man touch my car. ESPICALLY any street car. some of his **** would fly just fine for a track only car... but wouldnt work in the real world on the street...

sorry to hear about your **** tune.
I wish I had known this before I blew $600 (more then a year ago) with him and his SC tuning unlimited (or what ever the F it was called)......

Funny quote from his web site..
Ask around on .... www.ls1tech.com, .... You'll find happy customers everywhere you look.
Old 12-14-2005, 10:30 AM
11 Second Club

lmao... i just dont want to be the one who started all this.. but I know I am unhappy with MY tune... Even if the tune was perfect, like i said throughtout the first few post.. everytime i ask a question.. which was twice!, i got assholish awnsers snapped back... and they were simple questions like, is that good, or what is that doing... lol...

it sux, i woudlnt have known any different had i not got on here and read....

Quick Reply: i think i got ripped off on my dyno tune..