Negative Trader Feedback Disputes| Fraud Reports | Scam Warnings

i think i got ripped off on my dyno tune..

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2005, 10:32 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I guess I should mention when RWTD did my tuning...J. Weeks rode in my car twice around town to get my drivability down. He did not answer calls except to say he was with a customer and other times let people leave messages.
Old 12-14-2005, 10:33 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

btw thanx for numerous pm's from those wishing to remain silent.. believe it or not, when i paid this much money, and as a college student, 400$ was damn near a months rent.. it really means a lot to come on here, and not be flamed or bashed when i posted this...

i will prolly be getting hp tuners around FEB. when that happens i will rely on ya'll to help me know what to do... im going to begin reading and trying to understand the stickies up top..

im thinking we will put it back to the bone stock tune, and start from there..

Last edited by LS1_PNYTAMR; 12-14-2005 at 10:55 AM.
Old 12-14-2005, 11:10 AM
Launching!

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts

Default Tuner

Sorry to hear about your luck, I know a guy who drove all the way from Savannah to see him (bolt-on car) and he came back with 5 or 6 more HP and the small gains were blamed on his LS1 intake. I'd be pretty upset to spend $400 for a tune and pry another $60 for gas plus a ton of milage on my car for those gains. Sucks that people will stand up for the guy just to stay on his good side so he'll give them special care.
Old 12-14-2005, 11:31 AM
11 Second Club

yeap it sure does.... i am going to run the car.. then im going to have hp tuners and get some help on here.. me and dad will retune at the track and maybe make a few dyno pulls ... kinda get a before and after idea of how bad we got f'd over...

atleast when i ask questions i wont get bitched at
Old 12-14-2005, 12:10 PM
11 Second Club

well the secret is out lol... over on the local board.. jay and mr dude.. i hope they dont come see this thread and start flaming you as well..
Old 12-14-2005, 12:15 PM
TECH Addict

Location: sojourning....looking for my city whose builder and maker is God.

Originally Posted by LS1_PNYTAMR
yeap it sure does.... i am going to run the car.. then im going to have hp tuners and get some help on here.. me and dad will retune at the track and maybe make a few dyno pulls ... kinda get a before and after idea of how bad we got f'd over...

atleast when i ask questions i wont get bitched at
If you spend a lot of time studing and asking questions, you can do a much better job than Jeff did for you even without a dyno. A little hint is do small changes at a time, so when you like or don't like something, you know where to go to change if needed.
Old 12-14-2005, 12:18 PM
11 Second Club

well i may very well wind up letting you do it.... not sure what u charge or how wed get that done.. but im definetly keeping my options open

i dunno if 341rwhp is what the car makes or not.. i just dont know.. but the fact i dont know, and the fact that the customer service was shitty... is enuff to know im better off not going back
11 Second Club

That sucks dude. If it weren't such a long drive for you, I'd suggest shooting gomer a pm. He really knows his stuff. Sucks for you that he's in Birmingham.
TECH Enthusiast

Interesting. Maybe next time he comes out to SoCal I'll stop by and take a look at his work...
Old 12-14-2005, 12:23 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by LS1_PNYTAMR
well the secret is out lol... over on the local board.. jay and mr dude.. i hope they dont come see this thread and start flaming you as well..
heh, i donno whats up with the board right now anyway... it always says the server is busy......

im not worried about it though.. everyone directly local to me agrees anyway... there used to be a few that disagreed, but after they got their tune.. followed by a fix tune, followed by a fix tune, followed by a fix tune, followed by a fix tune, followed by a fix tune, followed by a fix tune, followed by a fix tune, followed by a fix tune, followed by a fix tune, followed by a fix tune, followed by a fix tune....... they agree too. lol.
Old 12-14-2005, 12:27 PM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Wow. I'm really sorry to hear this. This is exactly why I bought my own software and wideband and just learned how to do it myself. This **** ain't rocket science.
Old 12-14-2005, 12:41 PM
11 Second Club

once again thanks for the support guys.. i will be looking for it again once i have hp tuners in my hands...

means a lot when im getting hammered on the local board by ppl who think his **** dont stink lol
Old 12-14-2005, 12:43 PM
TECH Junkie

lol, i just read the AIM convo.. he posted

even if you dyno xhp less, it would be worth it to redo it, since you could atleast idle, cruise, and have it shift the way you want it....
Old 12-14-2005, 12:56 PM
11 Second Club

yea i agree.. what u missed was the beginning of the convo and some of the middle he left out.. talking about how he talked to him and **** about me and such things... i might have just got jipped on purpose man... 24 degrees of timing.. from what im readng.. seems like very little
Old 12-14-2005, 12:57 PM
11 Second Club

btw it wasn't adjusted for the 4000rpm stall.. so now it thinks the stock verter is slipping i guess.. throwing it into a 3rd gear only mode.. wtf is that about
Old 12-14-2005, 12:59 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by MrDude_1
lol, i just read the AIM convo.. he posted

even if you dyno xhp less, it would be worth it to redo it, since you could atleast idle, cruise, and have it shift the way you want it....
my car dynoed 373/339 on the dyno by a well respected tuner/sponsor on this board...they take it off i go to the track a couple of days later the car wouldnt stay in first gear off idle if i went wot...it would go directly into 2nd-3rd-4th gear by 40mph @WOT...these guys that dont take the car out on the street at all are nuts IMHO. I ended up taking it back 3 times before on the 4th time i had received hpt & just started tuning on my own. Havent looked back since.
Old 12-14-2005, 01:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Since this has turned into a Jeff Bash fest, I'll be the first to post that I had a great experience with him and would do it again.

I picked up 40rwhp and tq. We went on 2-3 drives around town and my driveability is great.

I was in the shop when he pulled another reputable tuners file and it showed the knock retard was off on a blower car.

Everyone has unhappy customers or people who bitch.

I wouldn't hesitate to send anyone to him. I'd also go with experience over hearsay any day. Doing and talking are two different things.
Old 12-14-2005, 01:16 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Here my experience with dyno tuning $425 on a mustang dyno. Person spent a good amount of time, cant say how long as I was there for about 4 hrs total. Make an adjustment run it on the dyno and log, make adjustments from there until all the kinks were worked out. Couldnt tell you how many pulls he made it was a back and forth thing until the kinks were gone then he pulled for hp and tq numbers. Answered every question no matter how silly and spent as much time answering the questions as was needed for me to understand. Unless someone is tuning on a mustang dyno ( seems to be the only eddy ) you arent getting a true dyno tune, just a WOT tune which you can get by mail any day of the week for a lot less than what you paid. tjwong on here is my tuner and he's considered on of the best. He has a cutomers car right now that will be in hotrod mag when he's done with it.
Old 12-14-2005, 04:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Tireburnin
I was in the shop when he pulled another reputable tuners file and it showed the knock retard was off on a blower car.

That is exactly what he did to my car... When I asked ECS, Andy (A&A) and a few here about it (turning off KR) they were really surprised/shocked and told me to re-enable it immediately...

Old 12-14-2005, 04:18 PM
11 Second Club

yea im not trying to bash him.. just post how unhappy i was with my experience.. really i started this thread, to see if i should be unhappy.. since ive never done it before i wanted others opinions on my experience first... the more and more i read, the worse and worse i feel

Quick Reply: i think i got ripped off on my dyno tune..