Negative Trader Feedback Disputes| Fraud Reports | Scam Warnings

problems with "camaromotorsports" (Resolved)

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2006, 05:28 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thumbs down problems with "camaromotorsports" (Resolved)

My center console is fine, but I wanted the newer style with the additonal power outlet, cup holders, and arm rest that opens from left to right. I needed one from a '97-'99 4th generation f-body as the color matches my interior (the '00-'02 are darker).
Anyway, this guys says that he has on from a '99 and it is complete and it is in good condition. He sends me a pic. Not the best pic. I mention that it looks dirty and he says that he'll clean it up before shipping and that there aren't any scratches. I do understand that there will be some scratches were the seat belts rub. I explained to him that this console has to be in excellent shape as it is for The 'Bird which has an interior that looks brand new. I sent him a PayPal payment of $150 and asked him to send it to my work and e-mail me a tracking number. He did package it pretty well actually. This guy never sends me a tracking number and sends it to my home instead. I get the console and I tell him that there is no way that the picture he sent me is of the same console. There are scratches all over the console, the arm rest is peeling up, the armrest doesn't latch, it is full of mud, the mounting tab on the left front of the console is broken, and the mounting tab that holds the shifter plate is broken (I highly doubt that it the mounting tabs were broken in shipping). Here's proof that he's full of crap...

The first picture that he e-mailed me. Notice how the "release button" on the armrest is dark gray. The second picture is of the console that I received. Notice how the "release button" on the armrest is light gray. The rest of the pictures speak for themselves.
Attached Thumbnails problems with "camaromotorsports" (Resolved)-center-console.jpg   problems with "camaromotorsports" (Resolved)-console-1.jpg   problems with "camaromotorsports" (Resolved)-console-10.jpg   problems with "camaromotorsports" (Resolved)-console-11.jpg   problems with "camaromotorsports" (Resolved)-console-12.jpg  

Old 06-07-2006, 05:32 PM
TECH Resident

Thumbs down

Here are some more pics...
Attached Thumbnails problems with "camaromotorsports" (Resolved)-console-13.jpg   problems with "camaromotorsports" (Resolved)-console-14.jpg   problems with "camaromotorsports" (Resolved)-console-3.jpg   problems with "camaromotorsports" (Resolved)-console-5.jpg   problems with "camaromotorsports" (Resolved)-console-6.jpg  

Last edited by NoMoreLS1; 06-07-2006 at 05:48 PM.
Old 06-07-2006, 05:34 PM
TECH Resident

Thumbs down

Here are a few more pics...

Last edited by NoMoreLS1; 06-07-2006 at 05:48 PM.
Old 06-07-2006, 05:36 PM
TECH Resident

Exclamation E-mail conversations...

Here's the e-mail that I sent him the other day...

Brandon,

There is no way that the picture that you sent me is of the same console that I received. I made it perfectly clear to you that this console was going into a car that has an interior that is basically brand new. There are scratches all over the console (I understand that there will be some scratches from the seatbelts rubbing), the arm rest is peeling up, the armrest doesn't latch, it is full of mud, the mounting tab on the left front of the console is broken, and the mounting tab that holds the shifter plate is broken (I highly doubt that it the mounting tabs were broken in shipping). In the picture that you sent me the "release button" on the armrest is dark gray. The console that I received has a "release button" that is light gray. This console is not worthy of being in my car or any car for that matter. It is complete garbage. I want my all of my money back. I'll box it up and you can have UPS pick it up or I can throw it out. I am NOT going to pay for shipping back to you. Please send my $150 back to my PayPal account immediately.

Thanks,
Mitch
Old 06-07-2006, 05:36 PM
TECH Resident

Thumbs down

His response...

its funny you have all those tabs and they were broke off in the box, honestly theye were intact whether you beleive me or not, and thanks for peeling the lid up and making it unusuable, it may be a little dirty, but there is nothing wroing with it, maybe you should have just went to gm if your that picky, all my parts are sold as is no warranty and no refunds,, now if you want to file a ups claim on the damage , that fine, i don't mind doing that, but i am not refunding the funds on that due to your pickiness, only thing i see is it needs a little soap and water, and a lid now you ripped it apart, after you messed with it i sure don't want it back, sorry, you got what youi paid for, now you did not pay for 2 broke tabs,a nd i agree with you on that, i don't mind trying to get ups to pay for the damage, don't you think common send is that if those were broke, i would have left them in the car, instead ofthem in the box, lets get real, let me know, i will try to file a claim
Old 06-07-2006, 05:37 PM
TECH Resident

Exclamation

My response...
Brandon,

I'll make this really simple. You sent me a piece of garbage. It has nothing to do with being picky. I don't know of anyone that would accept that console. I told you what type of car that it is going into. My car has over $50,000 into it and putting this console would be a downgrade to say the least. There is no way that the tabs broke off in shipping... so don't even try that. I did not peel the armrest at all. That's the way it is... so don't even try to say that it's unusable now. It was never usable to begin with. A little soap and water? Are you kidding me? An interior part should not have mud all over it. You never made a mention of "as is no warranty and no refunds" until I made a complaint about this. The bottom line is this... you sent me a console that isn't the one from the picture. In your pic, the armrest release tab is dark gray, the armrest release tab on the console that you sent me is light gray. I don't appreciate the "bait and switch". There is no need to file a claim with UPS... but I am willing to file a claim with PayPal and I will contact the moderators with LS1Tech. It's up to you.

Mitch
Old 06-07-2006, 05:38 PM
TECH Resident

Thumbs down

His response...
thats fine, those tabs were not broke, i swear to it, and i would take it back, but i can do anything with a broke console, if the tabs wre fine, i would take it back, cause theres nothing wrong with it , and 50,000 give me a break, i have over 1000 of theese cars anyone stupid enough to spend 50,000 on one is insane, you do what you have to do, all i will have to do is send paypal a tracking # and it will show i sent it, they don't back up ups breaking parts
Old 06-07-2006, 05:39 PM
TECH Resident

My response...

Brandon,

It's too bad to see that you are not trying to be helpful. Your customer service skills are lacking severely. This is how you treat a paying customer? Instead of trying to correct the matter, you insult me. Yeah... I have spent over $50,000 on this car. Insane? Not really. Selling a piece of crap center console that is totally useless... now that's insane. But nevertheless the car is in excellent condition and the interior looks new. This console must have been from a car that was in a flood... period. You can see that it has rust on it and the shifter boot is totally discolored on the inside from mud. I am not going to file a claim with UPS about the "breaking parts". Nice try. I mentioned to you two times that the console that you sent to me differs from the one in the pic. The one in the pic has a dark gray armrest release tab... the one you sent me has a light gray release tab. Not once have you responded to that. You had your chance to make things right.

Mitch
Old 06-07-2006, 05:40 PM
TECH Resident

Thumbs down

His response...

tell you what , you send it back, at your shipping cost,a nd i will refund you the console amount only minus shipping, and i will refund that , the console we sell for 125.00 and 25.00 covers boxinga nd shipping charges, as long as its in the same shape as it was sent
Old 06-07-2006, 05:40 PM
TECH Resident

Exclamation

My e-mail...

Why should I have to pay $25 for your shipping along with my shipping cost for something that is not even close to what I wanted in the first place. The complete $150 should be refunded and you pay for the shipping. I have Fed Ex at my work and my cost to ship it back to you is $8 to ship it to a business address and $10 to ship it to a home address. Please send $158 or $160 back to my PayPal account and I will e-mail you the tracking number right away. Please e-mail me the address that you want it sent to and make a note that it is a business address or a home address.

Mitch
Old 06-07-2006, 05:41 PM
TECH Resident

Thumbs down

His response...

your crazy, my offer stands, i am not paying for shiping on a console thats broke because of ups, theres no money in my paypal so i can not send any funds anyways or can paypakl retieve any funds, i have 35 cents in my account , so i can send a 125.00 refund or i don't know what to tell you, its better than nothing, and to top this 50,000 car , why are you even buying a used console,. let me know
Old 06-07-2006, 05:41 PM
TECH Resident

Exclamation

My e-mail...

I'm crazy? You're crazy for trying to sell a piece of crap. I already contacted PayPal and I will be contacting LS1tech. You say that you only have 35 cents in your account but then you say you can send a $125 refund. Which one is it? UPS DID NOT BREAK THE CONSOLE! ONCE AGAIN YOU NEGLECTED TO ACKNOWLEDGE THE FACT THE THE CONSOLE THAT YOU SENT ME IS NOT THE ONE IN THE PICTURE. A PICTURE IS WORTH A 1000 WORDS. ONCE AGAIN, THE RELEASE LATCH IS DARK GRAY IN YOUR PIC AND THE CONSOLE THAT I RECEIVED IS LIGHT GRAY!!! The bottom line is that what you did... "bait and switch" is FRAUD! Yeah... my mistake that I trusted you and I thought that you were being honest. Yeah... my car has $50,000 into it. So what if I tried to buy a used console? Just because I have spent a lot of money on my car doesn't mean that I don't look for a good deal now and then. So what's your point? I'll save you the cost of shipping and I'll throw it out because nobody would want to but this piece of crap. I'll even destroy it and take pics of it so that you know that it won't be going into my car or any car for that matter.

Mitch
Old 06-07-2006, 05:43 PM
TECH Resident

Exclamation

I even sent him pics of my car so he could see for himself why I am "picky".

Last edited by NoMoreLS1; 06-08-2006 at 05:25 PM.
Old 06-07-2006, 05:44 PM
TECH Resident

Exclamation PayPal complaint...

Latest update...
My complaint via PayPal...

I wanted to purchase a center console (automotive interior part) from this seller. This seller says that he has on from a '99 and it is complete and it is in good condition. He sends me a pic. Not the best pic. I mention that it looks dirty and he says that he'll clean it up before shipping and that there aren't any scratches. I do understand that there will be some scratches were the seat belts rub (that is not the problem to say the least). I explained to him that this console has to be in good shape as it is for my car which has an interior that looks brand new. I sent him a PayPal payment of $150 and asked him to send it to my work and e-mail me a tracking number. I e-mailed him several times asking for the tracking number. This guy never sends me a tracking number and sends it to my home instead. I get the console (he did package it pretty well actually) and I tell him that there is no way that the picture he sent me is of the same console. There are scratches all over the console, the arm rest is peeling up, the inside of the shifter boot is stained from mud, the armrest doesn't latch, it is full of mud, the mounting tab on the left front of the console is broken, and the mounting tab that holds the shifter plate is broken (I highly doubt that it the mounting tabs were broken in shipping). The picture that he e-mailed to me shows the "release button" on the armrest is DARK gray. The center console that he sent has a "release button" on the armrest that is LIGHT gray. I contacted him regarding this matter and he has not been helpful at all. I told him that I want a full refund and to have UPS pick up the console or that I can throw it out. The bottom line is that he sent me something other than what was represented in the picture. I have the picture that he sent me and I have several pictures that I took and I would be more than happy to send them to PayPal. Please feel free to contact me asap.
Thanks, Mitch
Old 06-07-2006, 05:45 PM
TECH Resident

Thumbs down

His response via PayPal... this guy is a liar!

From seller: scott barnett on 6/6/2006 22:51 PDT
the byer received a nice console as pictured, all mounting tabs were in place when shipped, it was dirty , wheich i told him, i dis clean the outside, i may have not gotten the underside, the 2 tabs were intact when boxed, and i did box it and pack it well, by the time i was sending the # he sent a email complaining about it, i sent it to the paypal confirmed address, the armrest was fine, latched, he did peel it up bad making my part worthless damgaed done by the bueyr , i have pic he sent of that, it did latch though, shift plate was in nice shape, i have pics of all tabs inplace, i sent exactly what i sent pictures of, i offered to file a ups claim, he declined, i shouldnot be out for my part being broken during shipment, then i offered a 125.00 refund, he said he could ship it for 8.00, i agreed t send the 132.00 for my part back in condition i sent it in, hed declined and said he would destroy it and send pics of it t look at to remind me of it, i have saved that email, so that deal was lost due to his threats of destroying it, i got another console in today, it was perfect other than the shift plate, i agreed to send the housing that had unbroken tabs, and a good lid, he declined that offer, he is impossible to deal with i have tried, 3 to 4 different attempts, he declined all, now i don't know if the console i sent could be the same one, i do not mark my parts, and all 97-99 consoles loo the ame taht are nice condition, i feel is hould not have to refund money to someone that uyps damaged my part and he is trying to file cliam on me blaming this all on me, i have offered ,offered and offer deals, but he declines, i guess i can file claim, ups will pay it, he gets a money order within 2 weeks, i get paid for y parts and it all works out, i haven't filed a claim in 2 years at ups, we pack our stuff good, to will not go back on one cliam in 2 years, that way we will both be in the good, thanks, feel free to emaiil me, i did not get an email on the claim
Old 06-07-2006, 05:47 PM
TECH Resident

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by NoMoreLS1
His response via PayPal... this guy is a liar!

i got another console in today, it was perfect other than the shift plate, i agreed to send the housing that had unbroken tabs, and a good lid, he declined that offer

I NEVER declined that offer. I asked him to send me some pics of it. Needless to say, I haven't gotten any pics and I e-mailed him twice today. So... I am out $150 and this console will more be making it's way to the garbage soon.

What a joke!

Last edited by ACW; 06-08-2006 at 12:49 AM. Reason: fix quote tag
Old 06-07-2006, 05:49 PM
TECH Resident

Thumbs down

PayPal cannot do anything to resolve this matter so I figured that I would let LS1 tech know that this guy is a scammer.

Mitch
Old 06-07-2006, 11:57 PM
Teching In

Amazing that there are idiots like this out there.
Old 06-08-2006, 01:30 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

what a jagoff. Regardless of what happened he needs to pay the shipping. He's the seller. I've seen sellers that eat every single charge in a case like this in order to save thier reputation. Obviously this guy could give two *****. Good Luck.
Old 06-08-2006, 03:20 AM
TECH Fanatic

is his dumbass a registered user on here?

Quick Reply: problems with "camaromotorsports" (Resolved)