Negative Trader Feedback Disputes| Fraud Reports | Scam Warnings

98Ztwentyeight -Unwilling to resolve turbo kit sale - over month of dishonest dealing

Old 07-30-2006, 01:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 98Ztwentyeight -Unwilling to resolve turbo kit sale - over month of dishonest dealing

I have refrained from using this form of problem solving on this board but it seems Matt (98Ztwentyeight) is unwilling to resolve this situation. Matt promised to deliver an STS turbo kit minus his FMIC, injectors, and wastegate back in June. He cashed my money order in June, then after taking a month to ship (and claiming multiple ship dates and never honoring a single one), I received the package with roughly a couple hundred dollars worth of used parts, none of which match an STS kit. This picture contains everything delivered:

I was quite patient with Matt, avoiding any means of slander or accusations during his delays and lack of communication. Even after opening the package, I politely asked where the rest of the promised parts were. He claims that was all that I requested for my $850. He knows that I, nor any other member, would have accepted a few badly used parts for that amount of money. He has misconstrued numerous PM's in his defense, even manipulating my own words. At this point, Matt refuses to issue a refund. I offered to wait longer to receive the other parts, but he also refuses to ship anything else.

As a business owner, I always keep a record of every transaction. This situation is no different, as I have every receipt and PM on record. I have also made it my goal, as a fellow fbody enthusiast, to always offer fair and honest transactions with other members, as witnessed by my positive trader rating. In fact, there is another thread highlighting an additional successful sale I recently had just below this thread. I will try to be as fair and unbiased in the retelling of these events as possible.

Here are the details pertaining to my situation:

Earlier this year I purchased a 60 trim turbo from Matt; thus, I was interested in approaching him with some intent of purchasing more of his STS kit. After I PM'd him mentioning how my own turbo build was coming along, he requested that I make an offer on his kit. Here was his statement:
Originally Posted by 98Ztwentyeight
i can sell yah my a pillar boost guage setup, the kit minus the turbo and intercooler. i just dont know what to ask what do you think is fair?? just shoot me a offer and im pretty sure i would go with it. that way i can keep my injectors intercooler and turbo and you would get the rest did you want the oil pump too? are you going to use a intercooler?
My response to him offering the kit minus the turbo and intercooler included my mention of wanting to offer a little more than what my complete build would cost me for convenience sake of owning official sts parts:
Originally Posted by JAvenger007
I wasn't sure what your looking for on the parts. My complete build list totals about $725-750. But I'd like to offer you more than those parts would cost new. How would $800 sound and ill also cover all the shipping?
I was certainly willing to negotiate, however, Matt accepted my offer:
I was thinking around 900 delivered so were right on the money pretty much. if we make it 850.00 ill just
pay whatever it is above 850.00.
At that point if he was not willing to ship a kit minus those parts at that price it should have been stated. I went on summit racing and did a piece by piece price total for the package. Here is the complete list:
-Stainless steel oil line (10ft) $50
-(2) 4ft sections of piping $25 (+$25 to cut and bend)
-Silicone couplers w/ clamps $50 (5 pieces at $10/piece)
-Single guage pod $25, Autozone filter $25, boost guage w/ hose $40, clamp for filter $5
-red plastic container (which he claims is the catch can w/filter) $50
total: $295
Obviously, I was sincerely disappointed that after waiting for a month that Matt had not delivered what was promised. I felt he attempted to cover up the fact that I was clearly missing parts by including a used set of springs meant for a stock cam. He was quick to point out the "added springs" after I questioned the missing parts. The pipes also dont match an STS kit and they arent even the right size (they're all 3"). Matt has failed to explain this. He continues to try and make excuses:
In his July 26th response:
in the fuiture you shoudl really request photos
I did ask for photos back in June. Here was his response on the 17th:
to answer your other question
i dont really have any other pics
He then tried to blame me for being "weeks late" on the payment. However, I have delivery confirmation of him receiving my money order within a week of us closing the deal back in June. My fedex receipt proves this. On top of that, the parts were received a month after the money order arrived. There was even a period of time where I did not hear from Matt in over a week. Frankly, I am surprised this transaction did not go as smoothly as the turbo sale. Now, it seems Matt has a history of being problematic to members: https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...7&page=3&pp=20

This is from the same member who in another thread stated this regarding STS kits:
This pisses me off. I want to sell my kit in about 2 months and
people like this make bad faith for the rest of us.
I allways kept contact with people when i sold them items.
https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...90#post4750890

This was purely a dishonest dealing. And the fact that Matt is not even willing to resolve the issue says a lot. The evidence is overwhelming. I appreciate any help on this matter from both members and admins. Meanwhile, I still request that a refund check be sent. I am not willing to spend an additional $850 for more unofficial STS parts, as Matt has requested. If there was any sort of problem with my offer for the kit, it should have been clarified. However, Matt has taken the liberty of manipulating this transaction in his favor. It is a scam and it is stealing. And I will take appropriate action.

Thank you

-Jason
Old 07-30-2006, 04:23 PM
11 Second Club

well he is logged in now private msgging someone. so hopefully trying to resovle the issue
Old 08-01-2006, 12:18 PM
Banned

Its funny how you are cutting up the messages and manipulating your

own msg's to me to seem like you were scammed. you asked for

specific items, and I sent them to you. I dont own a business but I

also keep a logg" see below" and now your upset because maybe in

reality you have no idea what you really want or need?!? you gave

me a list and i filled it.

you sent me payment 2 weeks late! and I gave up on yah.

you advised me you would pay me more than the items cost new.

get the facts straight!

a copy of your emails below.

a msg you sent me!

Hey,

It would be a strange request but,

Im still looking for
-SS braided feed line and its fittings (maybe its the ones you already
gave me
?)
-intake piping (from turbo up to TB)
-WG, filter, boost guage w/ tubing, and some sort of setup for the PCV
(was thinkin maybe catch can w/ breather).

I wasnt sure if your sellin off things individually. I can offer pretty much
close to the same price as if the stuff would be new, because it would
be nicer (and more convenient) to have it all bought from one place.

Just let me know if your willing to part it out. Thanks again for the help

-Jason

then next you sent me

wasn't sure what your lookin for on the parts. My complete build list totals about $725-750. But I'd like to offer you more than those parts would cost new. How would $800 sound and ill also cover all the shipping?

I wouldn't need the intercooler, turbo, injectors, or wastegate.
And I think you've already given me the return line with some fittings as
well as the pipe that connects the turbo to the stock exhaust. Just let
me know if that's ballpark what your lookin for. Thanks again

-Jason
------------------------------------------------------------------------
I offered you a whole sts kit minus the turbo and injectors for $1600.00

not 800.00. no one would sell you a complete sts kit for 800 nor did I

ever promise you one for that price. The parts sent to you are of your

own request maybe you should do more research on what your looking

for before yah make people spend time hunting things down for yah

and try to help yah out. you really must have no clue on

how a turbo setup works or you wouldnt be requesting me to help

you so much. you presented your self to me as a automotive

technical teacher and now your a business owner "which is it??"

or maybe you own a technical school?!?!

your first email to me was

STS for sale?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey,

I saw somewhere you were considering selling your STS soon? If so, let me know. I bought your 60 trim turbo, BOV, and some pipes a little while back, remember. I've been trying to research everything in piecing togethor my own kit, but ive been rather slow in doing so because of work/other things. With the summer coming, I'd be very interested in the rest of your kit or at least parts of it. Just let me know when and ill gladly take it off your hands Thanks alot

-Jason
then i replied with
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey how yah been ?

i am typing up a add as we speak lol

im open to offers!!!

heres the add so far

i bought this kit from texas rear turbos in jan 2005

I have the upgraded turbo the gt67 paid $980.00 plus delivery

i bought this new turbo late in last december 2005 it has 4,000 miles onit

no shaft play and no leaks anywhere. its basicly just broken in.

a 3" front mounted intercooler and mounting brackets paid 700.00 from texas

rear turbos

flow matched green top svo 42lbs injectors paid $550.00 bought from extreme

performance here in okc

turbo xs bypass valve $130.00

sts dual stage boost controller 250.00 hardly used

you can also have my stainless reinforced oil return line.

a sunpro boost guage and my exhaust pipe from the cat back or y pipe back

which has a 3"BULLET muffler PAID $100.00 onit along with the turbo mount. to make this

setup a true bolton no welding needed

The muffler sounds great not too loud not too quiet

2 air filters and road sheild are included also

and i can provide a copy of my dyno tune for a 1998 ls1 camaro /firebird

or have your pcm flashed if you have a 1998 with my tune

extreme performance tuned my car they did great job and i rely on this car for everyday driving

this kit made 406 hp 409 trq with stock exhaust and engine and i get 22 mpg!!!

this kit is still on my vehicle

this kit really woke my car up! I never ran it at the track.

i will not except paypal only a cashiers check or money order or cash in person.

come help me take this kit off or i can ship it via grey hound or however yah like.

I live in oklahoma city

thanks

matt

msg me with questions

I have over 6,000 dollars invested

i would sell everything for $3500.00

i will set delivery at $100.00 anywhere in the usa

and i will pay for what is over that so 3600.00 delivered

let me know what your thinking?

make me a offer I think we could work something out

maybe i could just sell you the parts your missing

let me KNOW!

take care

matt

AND THEN I SENT YOU YOU

I should be able to sell the turbo seperate.

The turbo you have is great and had pretty much the

same results on the dyno. but thats up 2 you.

for the piping forward from the turbo with connectors

and clamps and the wiring harness's and the oil pump

and oil turbo feed line/pump//return line and the pcv

system. basicly me keeping the turbo only . $1600.00

delivered is the best I can come up with.. if you also

bought

the turbo i would make it $2150.00

and thats pretty much me taking half of what i have

invested in the kit.

how do you feel about my price or what are you

thinkin?!? if yah think about it you would have

a complete sts setup if you used the turbo you have

for right at around 2000.00

which is pretty hard to do

let me know what your thinkin

are what your after and im sure we can

work something out

thanks
matt
---------------------------------------------------------------
You are trying to slander me on this board because of your

own lack of automotive knowledge and your confusion

on what you need to put a rear mount kit together

I am sorry i ever sent you the free gifts "the manley springs
with titanium retainers , the 3" intercooler piping I made for the car,
the fittings you would need, brand new couplers, and countless hours of trying to help you" i did now.

i am sorry i ever spent as much time as i did with you

trying to make you understand how a turbo works.

because of your insults and accusations made to me

no refund will be made to you

and sorry it had taken me 2 weeks to get your

strange request list filled....

matt

Last edited by 98Ztwentyeight; 08-01-2006 at 12:39 PM.
Old 08-02-2006, 04:27 AM
TECH Fanatic

Matt,
I believe you are responsible for getting the facts straight.
you sent me payment 2 weeks late!
I sent you payment within a week of you accepting the money order option:
To : 98Ztwentyeight
Date : 2006-06-17 13:11
Title : Re: hey this is matt
--------------------------
Hey Matt,

Money order will work good. I remem now. Hows everything from the kit? Pump still runnin good? Any problems to look out for? Do you have some pictures of it installed (any extras from what you already gave me). Also, i know the piping is pretty big so if its a lot of big boxes itll be fine shipping to the business we get big stuff in every day. Thanks alot
That was the 17th of June. I attached the airbill, fedex receipt, and money order, all of which are dated June 23rd. That is within six days that you received a valid tracking number from the time of which we agreed upon payment; far from two weeks. The 17th was also a weekend, and notice the check was shipped priority overnight to ensure it arrived promptly.
and I gave up on yah.
Another ridiculous claim considering I sent you SEVEN PM's between the 17th and the 23rd stating the progress of the money order and checking in with you. During this period, we were coordinating a convenient date that worked with your schedule for you to disassemble the kit. After the money arrived, I sent an additional FIVE PM's making sure the money cashed appropriately. The very day you had an issue, which we both agreed was due to your bank, I drove to my bank and checked the account, money order, and acquired a private number for you to reach a representative in case of any problems. I believe you should make that information public before placing false claims. I have already proven to you, even though you knew it from the beginning, the fact that I shipped payment on time and in an appropriate fashion per your request. Now you choose to ignore the fact that you shipped your package weeks late.

After cashing my money order, you spent days getting online but not replying to my PM's until the 3rd of July. There were weeks at a time where I did not hear from you until I finally received your package nearly a month later on the 20th of July. Your response to this is the fact that it took two weeks to assemble and "hunt down" parts?
i sent you the custom intake piping i made
before yah make people spend time hunting things down for yah
Considering I requested an STS kit, as seen in nearly every single PM, what parts were you "making"? All that was involved with this sale was uninstalling your parts and sending them to me. You have simply reaffirmed that these were your personally crafted pieces and not the official STS parts I requested from your kit.

Matt, your claims on this issue make absolutely no sense. Your logic, in this event, is based around the idea that I approached you with a request for you to fabricate a few turbo parts for me? That is far from the truth and is in no way consistent with my PM's. Even the PM posted above concerning your oil pump further confirms that I was specifically asking about your STS kit. Your kit is even outlined here for me:
https://ls1tech.com/forums/forced-induction/338708-f-s-sts-extras.html
Im still looking for
-SS braided feed line and its fittings (maybe its the ones you already gave me?)
-intake piping (from turbo up to TB)
-WG, filter, boost guage w/ tubing, and some sort of setup for the PCV (was thinkin maybe catch can w/ breather).

I wasnt sure if your sellin off things individually.
I asked if you were parting out your kit. You responded with this message:
i can sell yah my a pillar boost guage setup, the kit minus the turbo and intercooler. i just dont know what to ask what do you think is fair?? just shoot me a offer and im pretty sure i would go with it. that way i can keep my injectors intercooler and turbo and you would get the rest did you want the oil pump too? are you going to use a intercooler?
Let me clarify one more time. The PM above states what you were willing to sell: an STS turbo kit which you purchased from Billy at TRT, minus the turbo and intercooler. "Shoot me an offer".
I replied with my offer for $850. You continue to rely on the fact that I mentioned "I'd like to offer you more than those parts would cost new." You have taken this out of context and applied it to your irrelevent "list" of parts mentioned only at the beginning of our negotiations. The offer I agreed upon consisted of the full kit minus the FMIC, turbo, injectors, and wastegate as listed. Thus, I offered to pay you more than what a fabricated DIY rear mount kit would cost me because you were selling an OFFICIAL STS kit. Again, you opted to send unofficial parts from a mysterious setup. I retracted my request for the wastegate and offered you $800+ shipping for the kit, as I figured I could just purchase a wastegate of my choice online instead of paying more for yours. This was outlined with the parts I was not interested in:
I wouldn't need the intercooler, turbo, injectors, or wastegate.
Any other parts that I did not need would have been specified there. That clearly makes sense.

Additionally, there are other issues for which you have not explained yourself. In one PM you explain this:
To : JAvenger007
Date : 2006-06-19 15:39
Title : Re: hey this is matt
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I only have the pipes over the axle off so far
I zip tied the wiring harness in so thats gonna take a
morning to carefully remove.
"So far". This clearly demonstrates that you understood my request for all of the intake piping. But now you are oblivious to this. You have labeled the piping you sent me as "charge", "intercooler", and "over the axle" piping. Each time I speak with you, it is different. And now these unnecessary parts are "gifts"? They're not even consistent with the "list" you insist upon. This means for my $850 you were only going to ship the used filter with a pipe, a few silicone couplers, boost guage, feed line, and an oversized plastic catch can measuring 13" in length. All of which was used.

"HPC coated intake tubing". That is copied straight from the STS website. I specified this along with "from the Turbo up to TB". Considering the STS intake piping runs from the turbo to the Throttle Body, my statement was unmistakably clear, especially in the context of an automotive forum. Grammatically, "up to the back", as you interpreted, does not even make sense. In reality, the only pipes you sent were fabricated intercooler piping, which I can not even use.

I believe the fact of the matter is, after receiving my money order, you were not willing to ship what I requested, but instead of clarifying that to me, you chose to ship a package containing a few parts semi-related to a kit. Then you took it upon yourself to manipulate my request from a PM which has no relevance to the final transaction - parts from an official STS kit minus the turbo and FMIC.

Back in May, you offered your kit for $1600, and I declined that offer on the 24th.
Hey, sorry for the delay. Ive got family coming into town this weekend so ive been pretty busy. I appreciate the offer, thats a great deal. Ive passed it on to other members interested in going with an STS kit and they should let you know soon.
You can not continue to refer back to that original message when it is irrelevent to this new transaction. On June 14th, you once again asked that I make an offer for your STS after I approached you with a few general questions about the rear mounts.
Hey Matt,

I had a few Q's about your sts kit. Do you remem how big your v clamp was on the exhaust downpipe (the collar clamp thing)? 4" maybe? Also what size is the feed and return lines? Thanks (and do you by chance have any pics of the PVC setup)

btw did you sell the kit yet?
ITS A 3"
YOU SHOULD JUST MAKE ME A OFFER
FOR THE PARTS YAH NEED!
THE FEED LINE IS THIN!!!
THE FITTING I SENT YOU ARE THE EXACT SAME
AS WHAT THE KIT CAME WITH!!
let me know!
So I made an offer after you illustrated what you were willing to sell. I was certainly willing to negotiate.
i can sell yah my a pillar boost guage setup, the kit minus the turbo and intercooler. i just dont know what to ask
You even mentioned the fact that you were willing to sell for $900.
I was thinking around 900 delivered so were right on
the money pretty much.
In addition to all of this, you now accuse me of slander and accusations towards you on this board. This is rather hypocritical considering your previous messages I have received:
i think i will retract my offer to yah since
you want to be such a jackass about this.
I have maintained a professional attitude towards you and this situation, regardless of your outlandish claims, and I approached you numerous times before posting in the member feedback section.
Hopefully another member is willing to purchase your kit or parts. As a good samaritan I will refrain from slander or other accusations against you in your future sales to another member if this current transaction is faithfully resolved. Until then, I believe it is your responsibility to fix this issue.
Instead, you choose to ignore my requests and deal with this in a rather dishonest and sophomoric manner. I have already contacted the board administrators and will continue to persue further action until you resolve this dilemma.
Attached Thumbnails 98Ztwentyeight -Unwilling to resolve turbo kit sale - over month of dishonest dealing-untitled1.jpg   98Ztwentyeight -Unwilling to resolve turbo kit sale - over month of dishonest dealing-checkcopysmall.jpg   98Ztwentyeight -Unwilling to resolve turbo kit sale - over month of dishonest dealing-fedexairbill2small.jpg  

Last edited by JAvenger007; 08-02-2006 at 05:33 AM.
Old 08-02-2006, 11:06 AM
Banned

ounce again you just take parts of msg's and split them up

its was your list and I filled it.

I started taking the kit off because I thoguht you wanted it

but them you send me this list for parts and a 850.00

check for the parts you wanted in the list.

I expected payment long before you finally sent payment

if you wanted my original offer for the kit minus the turbo

injectors etc that was for $1600.00

you are mixing up 2 totally different offers

sorry I will not be scammed by you

its also funny how you fail to mention the bank wouldnt

cash the money order for me. then you tell me there is a hold onit

then you tell me that its ok .. that had taken 4 more additional

days for me to get payment. and 3 more lunch breaks lost on my end.

I guess yah did me a favor there though I could stand to lose a few

pounds......

i dont beleive i have done anything wrong.

maybe your just not sure what you really wanted?!?

I thought I understood your list and you have everthing

you requested!

matt

Last edited by 98Ztwentyeight; 08-02-2006 at 12:48 PM.
Old 08-02-2006, 06:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Matt,

Now you are simply lying to help your cause.
I dont think the girl that was helping was very bright but i waited there for 45 minutes and they said there was nothing they can do. so ill try again tommorow. last time there was no problem at all im going to get back to taking the stuff off im sure the m/o is good but the bank was being weird for some reason.
Your very own words. The VERY same day within hours of you receiving the check I went to the bank to verify the check for any problems. I spoke with a manager and he explicitly said there were none. Money orders take effect the moment they are processed. Your bank was required to remove the hold and cash it properly. Bank of America outlined this and I passed the information back to you immediately. You even mentioned having problems with your teller. I stayed in constant contact with you, making sure the check was processed. I even gave you a private number to reach a representative. Then I asked for you to contact me if you had any further problems. On June 27th you agreed to let me know of any issues. We exchanged four PMs during that 24 hour period between the 26th and 27th. 2:55pm, 3:37pm, 5:24pm, and 12:41pm on the 27th. After that, I never heard from you until July 3rd.
the girl i was dealing with wasnt very bright it wouldnt surprise me if she didnt mess something up. I hope she finds something inlife shes better at because being a bank teller wasnt her calling in life. she would been a great person to work in a toll booth on the highway.
Solid evidence.

I expected payment long before you finally sent payment
I did not even approach you in June until the 13th. You asked for me to make an offer on the 14th.
I was thinking around 900 delivered so were right on the money pretty much.
You agreed on the amount on the 16th. How could I have possibly sent a money order before there was even an amount agreed upon. I will do the math for you. You received the money order on the 26th of June. That is less than 10 days from the very second you even relayed your payment request. On top of that, I asked if you preferred a money order and you responded on the 17th. That was a saturday. The bank was closed. You received a tracking number for the check within five days from that date. I am sure every member will agree that sending payment within a week of the agreed amount is plenty reasonable, especially considering the amount you were requesting. So do not bring this issue up again because you have already been proven wrong.

I started taking the kit off because I thoguht you wanted it but them you send me this list for parts and a 850.00 check for the parts you wanted in the list.
How can you possibly begin to leave a claim such as this considering the evidence in your very own PM's. The "list" you keep referring to was mentioned on the 14th. After you offered this on the 15th:
i can sell yah my a pillar boost guage setup,
the kit minus the turbo and intercooler.
i just dont know what to ask
I accepted and offered you $850. Here was your reply:
I was thinking around 900 delivered so were right on the money pretty much. if we make it 850.00 ill just pay whatever it is above 850.00. Im going to pay those guys to pack everything again that way its insured. i have some piping i made up for the front intercooler incase you ever decide or are going with that idea that i will pack up with it. ill be home later tonight 405-***-**** and ill be back here at work on saturday if yah want ill start taking the kit off and having them pack it! my info is still the same
That was on the 16th.
Your own defense statement is not even chronologically consistent with your PMs.

ounce again you just take parts of msg's and split them up
its was your list and I filled it.
There is a 10000 character limit on these posts and PM's. Otherwise I would post all of the PM's in their entirety. I am making my statements brief and to the point, outlining the situation for other members to follow. I am more than happy to display word for word your PM's. Trust me, I am by no means holding back. Every time I put forth evidence, I back it up with your very words. This quote above also outlines the fact that you still don't understand the fact that the "list" is irrelevent. I ended that PM with the "list" asking if you were willing to part out the kit. And you replied with what you WERE interested in doing. What is it about this process that you do not understand Matt?

I have printed verbatim each side of this story leading up to now. Your story suddenly changed the moment I approached you with a problem concerning the package. If you want solid evidence to that, here it is:
On July 20th, the day I received the package, I PM'd you with this specific message:
Hey Matt,

I recieved the package today. I noticed numerous pieces missing. Is there another box coming? Some of the pipes looked different so i figure you maybe had an older kit. Can you send a description of which pipe goes where. I also didnt see the oil pump, the 2 large subframe cold side pipes, a few others, or the pcv stuff. I did see a large red plastic container. What is that for? Please let me know. Thanks

-Jason
Here was your first reply to that message:
the pipes would goto the maf sensor
ill try and draw up a diagram
Here was your second reply:
i threw in some valve springs and retainers
they are perfect for running a stock cam and
boost
Thats it. That is all you said. Out of two PM's, I would imagine that if you were under the impression that I was to receive only the parts from the "list", that you would have immediately asked THIS question:
"Jason I sent everything you asked for. Im confused." But you didn't, because you understood what I was requesting from the beginning. Why else would you have delayed your next PM until the following morning, and fabricated a defense statement to cover yourself. You were rather quick to point out the valve springs Matt. The reason is obvious.

In addition, your comments are not even rational now:
you presented your self to me as a automotive technical teacher and now your a business owner "which is it??"
Seriously, what is the relevence of a statement like that? You already knew that I volunteer at the local high school auto tech class. I also own an advertising communications business. My occupation makes no difference.

I am not asking to steal your money. I return the parts you sent, and you return the money order. Simple as that. We have both lost time in this ordeal, and unfortunately, that can not be repaid. However, this situation can be rectified with simple coorporation. You claim that communication was a problem, but I was faithful to my payment, and held up my end of the bargain. You heard from me daily. The "confusion" on your end did not occur until I finally received your package. Strange coincidence? I think not. You would not be accused of so many actions if you were just willing to return the money. But you refuse to do so. This only leads to the fact that you are trying to be a dishonest seller/scammer. I do not want to take this further than I have to. I already have the package ready to ship. You may take your business elsewhere. I am sure you can find a member willing to purchase your parts. Please send the refund and this situation will come to a close.

Last edited by JAvenger007; 08-02-2006 at 06:37 PM.
Old 08-02-2006, 07:39 PM
On The Tree

I am not asking to steal your money. I return the parts you sent, and you return the money order. Simple as that.
Sounds like the right thing to do to me.
Old 08-03-2006, 10:29 AM
Banned

Default Your list

I am not a liar!

I advised you of specific prices for the kit and you sent me a list

for items you wanted with a price your willing to pay.

now you try and turn this into I was going to give

you a 3000 worth of merchandise for 800.00

sorry I am not a idiot and that was never stated to you.

then you cut up private msgs to make them seem different

than they actually were.

your damn check you sent me had a hold on it and i wasnt able

to cash it for 4 days then you say im lying about that.

im done with this situation and you .

next time you start a project hopefully it will be something

you actually understand {I feel sorry for the tech students

that you come into contact with} and you wont have so much

confusion with what you actually want.

if yah didnt want the parts in the list you made then

you should of told me that. you never did

your mistake and im not paying for it.

sorry

matt
Old 08-03-2006, 03:22 PM
TECH Senior Member

You two need to return the parts and refund the money, minus half of the shipping.

If you can't agree to that, then we're going to have a problem.
Old 08-03-2006, 04:18 PM
11 Second Club

yup good idea by cyphur.
Old 08-03-2006, 04:26 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by cyphur
You two need to return the parts and refund the money, minus half of the shipping.

If you can't agree to that, then we're going to have a problem.
Thats sounds like a very fair solution
Old 08-03-2006, 05:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

As I have stated, I am more than willing to negotiate that deal.

Matt, I believe it is in your best interest to resolve this situation by agreeing to these terms.
Old 08-03-2006, 06:55 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Very fair idea... I suggest you accept those terms and save your reputation. If in fact you were able to sell that so quickly for so much, then I believe you will be able to do it again, IF they are as described! Good luck to you Avenger...
Old 08-04-2006, 08:52 AM
Banned

Default One important fact

I never offered anything for sale!

I never put up a add for these parts.

he came to me asking for parts and help

he paid for my help and the parts he requested.

and advised me he is willing to pay more than msrp on them.

he gave me a specific list!

and declined my offer for the kit which was a great deal.

i tried to sell him a kit for a great price but he responded

wiht a list of parts he wanted and a request for help.

NO REFUND WILL BE GIVEN TO HIM

he paid me to complete his list and thats what I did

Until i see a reason why i should refund this to him

I WILL NOT

he has done nothing but manipulate private msgs

to support his case and make rude accusations.

I have no reason to treat him like a friend when

he hasn't been one.

matt

Last edited by 98Ztwentyeight; 08-04-2006 at 08:57 AM.
Old 08-04-2006, 11:43 AM
TECH Fanatic

[B]I never offered anything for sale!

he has done nothing but manipulate private msgs

to support his case and make rude accusations.

matt
If he is manipulating pm's, then post them all up that you have. I can't see why you would of deleted them. Since the begining of time there has been two sides to the story.

Like Cypher said, the easiest resulution was to just put things back the way they were by refunding his money and you would think that everyone would be happy. If I had all the pm's and he was changing them I would post them all up in order from day one, refund him his money, and then label him a bad buyer on all the boards. So you have nothing to lose, but can help your situation if they were changed. If they weren't changed or you didn't keep them, well that's a whole nother can of worms.

*Edit*
You edited yours to highlight a few things. What your not undrstanding is that it doesnt matter who went to who. Your whole arguement is based on him coming to you and then you say HE is manipulating pm's. That would be solved with a simple copy and paste of your pm's. Or do you not know how to manipulate them as well.

Last edited by WhiteRhino; 08-04-2006 at 11:57 AM.
Old 08-04-2006, 12:12 PM
On The Tree

I have to ask this.

Was the "THE LIST" a shopping list or what you expected him to send you from his STS kit?
Old 08-04-2006, 02:35 PM
Banned

Default sts kit

The parts I sent him are from the sts kit

the only thing that wasnt were the freegifts and the

catch can with a breather.
Old 08-04-2006, 03:35 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by WhiteRhino
If he is manipulating pm's, then post them all up that you have. I can't see why you would of deleted them. Since the begining of time there has been two sides to the story.

Like Cypher said, the easiest resulution was to just put things back the way they were by refunding his money and you would think that everyone would be happy. If I had all the pm's and he was changing them I would post them all up in order from day one, refund him his money, and then label him a bad buyer on all the boards. So you have nothing to lose, but can help your situation if they were changed. If they weren't changed or you didn't keep them, well that's a whole nother can of worms.

*Edit*
You edited yours to highlight a few things. What your not undrstanding is that it doesnt matter who went to who. Your whole arguement is based on him coming to you and then you say HE is manipulating pm's. That would be solved with a simple copy and paste of your pm's. Or do you not know how to manipulate them as well.
I already have posted them up look above !
Old 08-04-2006, 03:57 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So basically you charged him $850 for $295 of parts and you justify it by saying he said he would overpay for the STS parts? Are you kidding? I have seen a complete boxed STS kit opened and you sent him a FRACTION of the parts. He even states in the PM's he wanted everything MINUS the turbo, wg, intercooler, and injectors...what you sent him isnt even close to the entire kit minus those items. In your posts in this thread you stray from the point by saying things like "whats your occupation" and "I recieved payment late so I gave up on you", which is blatantly your way of trying to deflect the blame and focus on the fact that you took the guys money and sent him a box of junk...If you dont want to issue him a refund and take the parts back thats your choice but I cant see you honestly believing you gave him a fair deal with the stuff you shipped him. I hope you guys can work it out though. Good luck.
Old 08-04-2006, 04:07 PM
11 Second Club

dont look like sts parts.....

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 98Ztwentyeight -Unwilling to resolve turbo kit sale - over month of dishonest dealing