Negative Trader Feedback Disputes| Fraud Reports | Scam Warnings

Black98Z28 = rip off

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2006, 06:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Black98Z28 = rip off

ok i bought a tsp y pipe from this guy,

https://ls1tech.com/forums/lsx-parts-sale/604695-fs-off-road-y-pipe-e-cutout-more.html

and in his thread it says and i quote

Originally Posted by Black98Z28
Texas Speed 3" Off Road Y-Pipe had on the car for a few months and went the true dual route, actually just got them installed today Will include all clamps and hardware, this will mount up to a 98-02 Fbody for Long Tube Headers Retail $139.99 Yours for $100 (not welded so shipping would not be expensive)
-Chris
well i got some pics sent to me or the pipe and it looked ok but the pics wherent that great..and he was asking for a 100 bucks +shipping. i thought thats a lil steep for a used pipe thats 130 new but he insisted that it was in great shape and was "like new"

well fastforward to tuesday and i get a package..i open it up and what do you know NO mounting hadward what so ever and the catback was welded to it and just cut off with a sawzaw..i pmed him telling him about this and told him to refund my money and ill ship it back and he said

im sorry man i sent you plenty of pictures of the y pipe before u bought it, i think its unfair that u bought it after looking at the pictures and then your unhappy with it. i dont see what the big problem is, ok so it the i pipe part is welded, cut it off and bolt up the catback.

i think IMO this isnt a 100 pipe with no hardware all i want is my money back..what the fuked up part is i bought some pacesetters from a buddy of mine with a tsp y pipe but he welded it to the catback as well and i said nah ill just get a new one because i dont want to have to rig it up on my magnaflow catback so i buy a "like new" one thats in the same damn shape..now i have tow y pipes that are the same shyt

justin
Old 12-08-2006, 10:46 PM
Launching!

Thats some bullshit man! Hope this guy steps up to the plate and gives you your money back! Justin is a good guy and i'll vouch for him! Bump for ya.
Old 12-08-2006, 10:48 PM
TECH Resident

The purpose of this section is not to call people names but to tell your side of the story and protect other members from being scammed.

From the thread mentioned...
Texas Speed 3" Off Road Y-Pipe had on the car for a few months and went the true dual route, actually just got them installed today Will include all clamps and hardware, this will mount up to a 98-02 Fbody for Long Tube Headers Retail $139.99 Yours for $100 (not welded so shipping would not be expensive)

Mc Cord PowerPlate 2 3" Electric Cutout Motor Used on car for a few months, works great, has a switch and red led to inform you when its fully open and fully closed, never had a problem with it, the only thing i had to do was splice the cable in half to pull it out, i will put it all back together for you! *SOLD*

Flowtech 3" Cutout *SOLD*

Also have a few other things

Stock 98 Black Z28 Hood Yours for $55
Stock 98 Black Z28 Spoiler Yours for $40

3.42 Series 3 Carrier Ring&Pinon approx 10k miles yours for $40

Stock Amber Turn Lenses $10
Stock 98 Rear Cloth Camaro Seats $30 w/seatbelts

Stock 98 Z28 Heads $70

1 245/35/18 Nitto 555R w/approx 300 miles $50

Stock (4) Rotors $25
Stock Camaro Grill -Make Offer

1 Stock Z28 badge $10

Send me a PM or email at xxchris_lacerdaxx@hotmail.com

-Chris
It does say all mounting hardware so he should send you the mounting hardware. Also please post the pics he sent you.

Last edited by GEARHED; 12-09-2006 at 10:53 AM.
Old 12-08-2006, 11:15 PM
9 Second Club

Well you saw the pitcures BEFORE you bought it. I was gonna buy this exact y pipe but I already ordered one. There is nothing wrong with this pipe. If anything he should send you the clamps, no refund though. Have you actually met Chris? He's not an *******, just so you know.
Old 12-09-2006, 02:17 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by slimcracka
ok let me explain this to you a lil clearer you ****** dumbass..... you said in the thread where it was for sale it that " all mounting harware and clamps are included" which there wasnt shyt but pipe wheres this all ??? and " never welded so shipping wont be an issue" which is a lie it has been welded on the pics you sent where shitty and i could tell if there was a i pipe welded and just cut off..i told you this already..and i payed 100 dollars 30 dollars cheaper than a new one, and its not in that great of shape.. you fucked me and your a peice of shyt..give me my money and resale it when you get it back!
First of all you never even told me that i didnt send the hardware, sorry i was busy with family it was thanksgiving weekend, all you could have said was "where is the hardware" and bam i would have sent it OVERNIGHT to you but you resort to high school methods

I sent you FOUR FULL SIZE PICTURES of the damn YPIPE, you saw the condition it was in and you accepted it and sent me the money.

For you all here are the pics

720x540 pixels, and you say their not that great, you must be blind.

Thats a brand new one from TSP, which has the same piece that is flanged down and is part of the I-pipe, looks the same to me.

I will send you the hardware thats it.

Edit: Your the only person i have had bad experience with on LS1TECH very disrepectfull

Last edited by Black98Z28; 12-09-2006 at 02:30 AM.
Old 12-09-2006, 05:02 AM
Man-Crush Warning

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The Y-pipe looks fine to me in all four pictures, and it looked fine in person. Instead of starting a big thread you probably should have asked for the hardware, I know chris and he's not an *** hole. the Y-pipe is fine, No Refund, if anything he should send you the bandclamps.
Old 12-09-2006, 10:00 AM
9 Second Club

Hmm, a certain post was removed.

Last edited by GEARHED; 12-09-2006 at 10:51 AM.
Old 12-09-2006, 10:55 AM
TECH Veteran

Are the mounting brackets/hardware going to be sent
Is the buyer willing to accept them
Old 12-09-2006, 03:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

i did contact him in pms b4 posting this..he refused so i posted up...just because you havent fed up b4 now doesnt mean shyt..all i want is my money back but if your goin to be an *** and not refund me i can only axcept the hardware and try to resell it on here which is bs...but you live and learn and i now know not to do buisness with you...
Old 12-09-2006, 04:47 PM
Man-Crush Warning

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

All "slimcracka" needs is six bandclamps, its not that big of a deal. The Y-pipe is very simple to install. If you would have informed chris about the bandclamps in a PM before this childish thread which I know you didn't, this whole thing could have been avoided, that is the BS, we all know now not to do business with you.
Old 12-09-2006, 06:23 PM
Staging Lane

how much can six banclamps really cost??? the pipe was recieved and does not look anything different than the new one with the exception of normal grit and grime. I would have just bought the clamps and called it a day.
Old 12-09-2006, 06:38 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Ryan_Z28
how much can six banclamps really cost??? the pipe was recieved and does not look anything different than the new one with the exception of normal grit and grime. I would have just bought the clamps and called it a day.
Thank you!

btw here are the PM's you sent me

Let me know when u receive it, i almost killed myself at the UPS store, so many people running around lol.

hey man i still havent seen it can you get me a tracking #? thanx
justin

i got the y pipe today and im not really happy.

i gave you my money a long time ago and i asked for a tracking # and you didnt give it to me...

i bought some headers from a buddy of mine with a tsp y pipe for 250 bucks..but he informed me that the y pipe had been welded to his cat back and i told him i didnt want it..thats y i bought yours but you nowhere in your thead said anything about yours being welded and just cut off..im not happy and if possible i want my money back i cant ship it back. i can get a new one from tsp for 139+ shipping.. i figured the reason i was payin 100 bucks for a used one was because it was in great shape...

see you dont understand...you said in your thread that it had not been welded. and it came with hardware...the y pipe that iwas gettin from my friend is in the same shape yours is and i didnt want it (having to cut or fab up anything) i payed 100bucks for something thats 30bucks more new so i expect to get something near the same quality..thats the whole point i bought a different one

im shipping it tomorrow..i should have my 100 bucks by then ehh?
ok let me explain this to you a lil clearer you ****** dumbass..... you said in the thread where it was for sale it that " all mounting harware and clamps are included" which there wasnt shyt but pipe wheres this all ??? and " never welded so shipping wont be an issue" which is a lie it has been welded on the pics you sent where shitty and i could tell if there was a i pipe welded and just cut off..i told you this already..and i payed 100 dollars 30 dollars cheaper than a new one, and its not in that great of shape.. you fucked me and your a peice of shyt..give me my money and resale it when you get it back!
What you SHOULD have done was just asked me to send you the hardware instead of making this childish thread.
Old 12-09-2006, 09:34 PM
TECH Addict

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Sounds like he got a better deal and now just doesn't want your pipe... Not to bust your complaint, but there's no need for excuses...
Old 12-10-2006, 06:56 AM
TECH Resident

see you dont understand...you said in your thread that it had not been welded. and it came with hardware...the y pipe that iwas gettin from my friend is in the same shape yours is and i didnt want it (having to cut or fab up anything) i payed 100bucks for something thats 30bucks more new so i expect to get something near the same quality..thats the whole point i bought a different one

Am I overlooking something?? I sure as hell don't see this. I also don't think he should refund the money on the pipe you saw the pictures prior to accepting the terms. If you didn't look hard enough thats your fault.
Edit: Now if you have a saved PM or something where he indeed states that then I can see the need for a refund.
Old 12-10-2006, 10:15 AM
TECH Fanatic

yall are all fuking stupid..if you read my pms that he just posted up youll see that i said that he didnt include the hardware...and after i got the pipe and realized that it HAD been welded on i didnt want it..im not happy with it and as a member on this forum i posted this thread to let everyone know about it after i pmed him my problem and he basically told me to get fucked..the pics he sent me were no where that size so i thought where the catback hooked up was just dirty with sut like the rest of the joints..and it doesnt matter the cost of the clamps it was stated to be included with the pipe if i go out and buy clamps il have more in it that a new one is.. seems like yall are the ones being childish..if you have nothing constructive to add to my problem then get the **** out..god damn
Old 12-10-2006, 10:31 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Six Walker band clamps around here would be $60 plus tax. For someone wanting to be able to easily remove and reinstall a Y pipe like that being able to slip the Y pipe in and out of the I pipe with an unwelded slip joint is important. I just installed a set of Pcesetters and Y yesterday and being able to slip the Y into the I was nice. I've never understood sellers refusing to refund and take back what they sold over a misunderstanding. To me that says they know they found a sucker to buy their stuff and are worried they will have trouble finding another.
Old 12-10-2006, 11:43 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 2xLS1
Six Walker band clamps around here would be $60 plus tax. For someone wanting to be able to easily remove and reinstall a Y pipe like that being able to slip the Y pipe in and out of the I pipe with an unwelded slip joint is important. I just installed a set of Pcesetters and Y yesterday and being able to slip the Y into the I was nice. I've never understood sellers refusing to refund and take back what they sold over a misunderstanding. To me that says they know they found a sucker to buy their stuff and are worried they will have trouble finding another.
thanx man....you and me see eye to eye..
Old 12-10-2006, 11:50 AM
TECH Resident

yall are all fuking stupid..if you read my pms that he just posted up youll see that i said that he didnt include the hardware...and after i got the pipe and realized that it HAD been welded on i didnt want it..im not happy with it and as a member on this forum i posted this thread to let everyone know about it after i pmed him my problem and he basically told me to get fucked..the pics he sent me were no where that size so i thought where the catback hooked up was just dirty with sut like the rest of the joints..and it doesnt matter the cost of the clamps it was stated to be included with the pipe if i go out and buy clamps il have more in it that a new one is.. seems like yall are the ones being childish..if you have nothing constructive to add to my problem then get the **** out..god damn
Yes you mentioned it, but you never asked, i have no problem with sending you the hardware.

edit*

and by the way those pics are the exact ones i sent you, dont tell me their not thats just bs only reason you didnt see them that great would be if you were looking with your cell phone.

Originally Posted by slimcracka 11-21-2006, 04:24 PM
thanx man looks good..how much do you want for it shipped to 32506? and would you say this is the best y pipe for pacesetters or is the pacesetter y better..im tryin to get the best y so i dont have banging problems..thanx man..

Last edited by Black98Z28; 12-10-2006 at 11:23 PM.
Old 12-10-2006, 12:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

i said you basically told me to **** off. send me the hardware if you wont refund me thats fine..i have someone wanting to buy it anyways..just know the type of people on here now
Old 12-10-2006, 12:51 PM
TECH Veteran

STICKY AT THE TOP:

NAME CALLING (including swearing) IS NOT TOLERATED.
Everyone gets to edit their own posts or I will can the entire thread PERIOD

Quick Reply: Black98Z28 = rip off