Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2007, 02:49 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

NCOIC? It's a thought...
Old 02-04-2007, 04:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

This just in from PAYPAL...just wanted to let you all know that you are of course not getting any money back:

"Seller's Email: wikdws6@hotmail.com
Seller's Name: Colton Vincent

After careful review, we have determined that the seller is at fault but
regret to inform you that we were unable to recover any funds from the
seller's account. As stated in the PayPal User Agreement, recovery of funds
associated with a Buyer Complaint cannot be guaranteed.

We appreciate your business and apologize for any inconvenience this
situation may have caused. Please know that we will make our best effort to
recover the funds in question if they become available in the seller's
account in the future and will take appropriate action against the seller.
Such action may include issuing a warning, a temporary restriction, or
terminating the account. Keep in mind that PayPal uses a number of factors
to determine when to take action, including member complaints. Due to
privacy laws, we cannot discuss the details of any action taken. We hope
you understand our policy and that it assures you that you are safe using
PayPal."

Time to file with my credit card company- Im not paying a dime on this
Old 02-05-2007, 12:21 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just what I had feared. I have also emailed him with no reply. Maybe I will get lucky and my money collector will get me some of it back.
Old 02-05-2007, 01:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

If you guys haven't done yet, we all should file on his brother Colton also. He I would say has just as much or more to do with it than Kevin since it is Coltons paypal account. It sure was damn nice of us to pay for his vacation to Lake Tahoe for him
Old 02-05-2007, 08:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

well guys you might as well forget about him making any more replies. I did finally hear from him through email after being kind of a *****. CHECK IT OUT:::Marc,
At this point its not about being a bitch, im just going by what my
lawyer
is saying. I dont just have a pile of parts laying around. All i had
were
some hooker longtubes/off road Y . ceramic coated on both. I had
planned on
installing.:::: So I'm guessing we will hear nothing from him anymore.
Old 02-05-2007, 08:29 PM
Staging Lane

Just FYI, for someone who didn't have access to the internet as he claimed, he left feedback comments on Ebay as recently as the 26th as can be seen here and here

Not to mention, on the 18th (a few days after everyone sent him money) he went on a shopping spree buying a laptop, as well as a pair of 315's and a pair of 275's, in addition to some other stuff (shoes, etc.). Of course, this could've been his "cousin" as well, but why would he need tires for 17's when Kevin said his "cousin" had 20's?

Notice that the account wikdws6 for ebay was created on 1/5/07. Did he create the account planning on using it later to distribute all the money he got fraudulently? That way paypal couldn't refund anyone's money because there was none in his account.

Last edited by Herper84; 02-05-2007 at 08:44 PM. Reason: More info
Old 02-05-2007, 08:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Herper84
Just FYI, for someone who didn't have access to the internet as he claimed, he left feedback comments on Ebay as recently as the 26th as can be seen here and here

Not to mention, on the 18th (a few days after everyone sent him money) he went on a shopping spree buying a laptop, as well as a pair of 315's and a pair of 275's, in addition to some other stuff (shoes, etc.). Of course, this could've been his "cousin" as well, but why would he need tires for 17's when Kevin said his "cousin" had 20's?
Oh man!!! I don't know what the hell to even say about that.
Old 02-05-2007, 09:09 PM
Staging Lane

Well if there was any doubt whether or not Kevin was behind this, check out this thread on Norcal-LS1. He's selling his WS6 wheels because he said that he just ordered TT2's, which according to his posts, would have been ordered the same day (the 18th) that he bought those tires on Ebay, which is also a few days after he got the money from everyone and during the time period he claims he didn't have internet access. Also heard from someone on there that he was indeed running around on some brand new TT2's.
Old 02-06-2007, 02:49 AM
Teching In

I followed this thread from the Corvette Forum. Elk Grove caught my eye because I live here. I live less than a mile from the Surryglen address. You guys have done a great job of tracking this guy down.

I'll try to make this a little easier for some of you.
Elk Grove PD www.elkgrovepd.org
EGPD Service Center (916) 478-8100 This is staffed with volunteer report writers M-F. They are not law enforcement personnel. Be patient with them. They will take a report over the phone and detectives will follow up. There is enough of you that I am sure you will get some attention.

I'll try to do a little local follow-up on my own in the next few days and let you know what I find.

Kevin, if you are still on, you had best keep a dialog going because I'm your neighbor. I don't live in Texas or Iowa or work over seas. I'm down the street. I'll be checking with Laguna Creek HS School Resource Officer to see what he knows about you. Hopefully we wont have to have a one on one chat.
Old 02-06-2007, 03:14 AM
TECH Fanatic

Cool man. That sound great.
Old 02-06-2007, 01:06 PM
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

got denied by paypal too...what is even the use of paypal if they cant help you with fraud...i mean oh course the person is going to remove the money from the account why would he leave it...so if there is no money in the account you get screwed...nice loop hole for them...went though the credit card now and as of now the charge is removed and they are looking into him...can some please post all information about him or pm me what is known like phone number, address, emails besides the paypal one...etc...thanks guys
Old 02-07-2007, 06:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Here what I got by browsing this thread. Hope it helps.....we'll need it!

Kevin Vincent
5127 Surreyglen Way
Elk Grove, CA 95758
Phone: 916- 833- 7300

PAYPAL account name: Wikdws6@hotmail.com

Colton Vincent (Kevin’s brother)
PAYPAL account is under his name.
Old 02-08-2007, 08:48 AM
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

thanks
Old 02-08-2007, 05:14 PM
Staging Lane

Default Police

I just received this email today. I talked to a detective from Tyler PD the other day and this is the response I got:

I have read a number of the threads on LS1Tech as well as Norcal. I see that there are several different people in different states that have been victimized. As most of your friends on the thread have suggested, a report does need to be made with local law enforcement. As you stated in one of your messages, I will be forwarding this case, and the information in the threads, to the Elk Grove Police Department. This is likely what will be done with each report made to local law enforcement.

Encourage all to make a police report. Although the law enforcement there may not be able to make a criminal case on all or even any of the reports, the more information they have the better the chance.

Jon

Investigator, Tyler Police Department
Old 02-12-2007, 01:30 AM
TECH Fanatic

Has anybody heard anything about what is going on? I heard he is still selling parts on Craigs List. He needs to be stopped. I feel for anybody that deals with this punk
Old 02-12-2007, 07:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

I just had a PA state police officer leave my house so here is the latest from me. I have filed with Paypal wich I won but got the sorry for your luck line. I filed with my credit card company which said they were going to investigate and possibly issue me a refund and go after his credit. I filed with IC3.Gov wich I don't think has done anything at all. The PA state trooper was very helpful and gave me a little insight. In his opinion everything that we have been told by Kevin Vincent is total bullshit and he said to persue every route we can think of. He recommended that everyone involved contact their local police and file a report. He also told me that IC3.gov is a good tool but a lot of local departments use it to keep things off of their desks so they can give you the run around. I am going to call the Elk Grove police tomorrow to see if they have even contacted Kevin yet. Has anyone else heard anything yet?
Old 02-12-2007, 07:57 PM
Staging Lane

Tyler police said that they would forward my case to the Elk Grove PD. I haven't checked to see if they have done that though. I think I will call on Friday to see what's going on. I'm glad to hear that someone else has filed another complaint with their local PD . Keep up the complaints!
Old 02-12-2007, 09:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

The state trooper that I spoke with said that they wouldn't forward my complaint to Elk Grove unless they requested it. In PA the state police will follow my case through with the Pennsylvania Attorney generals office. I agree with Herper, everyone needs to file a claim with their local office or the state police.
Old 02-12-2007, 09:27 PM
Staging Lane

I want to warn people that the officer that I filed a complaint with is monitoring this thread. Don't suggest bodily harm onto someone else. It doesn't help my case or anybody else.
Old 02-27-2007, 04:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Has anyone gotten anywhere with this? I think my credit card company is going to refund me the money and sick the collection agencies on Kevin.

Quick Reply: Lethal_WS6- ANYBODY?? :ADDED TO OFFICIAL BAD TRADER LIST