Negative Trader Feedback Disputes| Fraud Reports | Scam Warnings

jsconiers HURRICANE KATRINA MOTORS

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2007, 09:06 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default jsconiers HURRICANE KATRINA MOTORS

HEY EVERYONE I PURCHASED THE ABOVE MOTOR FROM THIS GUY ON MAY 21ST AS A RUNNING READY TO BOLT IN LQ4. AS YOU CAN SEE THE MOTOR LOOKS LIKE IT WAS SITTING UNDER WATER FOR ABOUT 3 MONTHS. I SUSPECT THAT HE IS SELLING MOTORS OUT OF HURRICANE KATRINA CARS. I CONTACTED THE SELLER ABOUT IT AND HE SAID THE MOTOR GOT SWITCHED AND HE WOULD GET THE NEW ONE OUT ON ITS WAY THIS WEEK. WELL I HAVE SINCE PM'ED HIM NUMEROUS TIMES WITH NO RESPONSE. ALSO THIS IS NOT THE FIRST TIME HE HAS SENT A BAD PART TO SOMEONE. HE ALSO SOLD A T56 THAT WAS MISSING PARTS. CHECK HIS FEEDBACK THIS GUY SHOULD NOT BE TRUSTED.
Old 06-15-2007, 05:24 PM
On The Tree

Hey everyone quick edit to the post here I talked to John over the phone today and he was once again very rude and hung up on me. As I was looking at the invoice from UPS I noticed that the phone number for the wrecking yard this guy is buying the motors from was on it. I proceeded to call them and gave them the numbers painted on the head and was told that the motor I bought and have that was suppose to be 92K miles has 162K miles on it. So John told me they got switched at the wrecking yard and they still have the 92K one and they sent me the wrong one. Nope wrong again they have never sold to him nor do they even have a LQ4 there that has 92K on it and to make it even worse they don't even have a LQ4 left so his whole I will have them send you the right one is a complete lie. Do not buy from this scamming liar
Old 06-15-2007, 07:43 PM
On The Tree

Hey guys I talked with one of the moderators about this and she told me to post the links to the threads he started so everyone knows he is a scammer and knows what he is selling

https://ls1tech.com/forums/lsx-parts-sale/729221-low-price-complete-6-0l-truck-engine-lq4-lq9.html

https://ls1tech.com/forums/lsx-parts-sale/726349-complete-6-0-lq4-xtra-set-heads-intake-sale.html
Old 06-15-2007, 10:25 PM
TECH Veteran

I would have banned the seller but there is one other person that bought an engine - if I ban the seller there is no way to try to contact them through pm.

Seller is being watched very closely at this time.
Old 06-18-2007, 09:58 PM
Teching In

Not sure that it matters, but his inbox is now full.
Old 06-19-2007, 01:12 AM
OWN3D BY MY PROF!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That blows big time. I almost bought one of those engines from him. I'm glad I didn't and I hope this all works out for you.
Old 06-19-2007, 01:15 PM
Banned

Let's start off with a little bit of fact.
1. I purchased several engines from multiple sources with the intent of selling them. In total 10. Most were at my garage or at the facility where I bought them from. None of them looked like the above pictures.
2. I did sell 2002BLKTA an LQ4 Engine. It was packaged and shipped as he requested. He received the engine. 2002BLKTA notified me that it was "rusty". I responded to ALL of his PMS and attempted to resolve the manner in the way he suggested (ship him another engine and return this engine) even though it would have cost me well over $300 in shipping and eliminated any profit for two engines. I contacted the supplier of the engine and let them know this was not the engine I purchased. I received a song and dance about "the engine is good" and "rust on exhaust manifolds does not mean the engine is bad. After talking with the supplier over a 4 day period they finally made the concession to pull the original engine (even though I could not prove there was anything wrong with the engine they substituted) and exchange the engines as long as I paid all shipping expenses and gave them a deposit for the outstanding engine. Even though I had no assurance that 2002blkta would ship the engine back and I could lose my deposit and eat shipping both ways I agreed. Before they finished pulling the engine 2002blkta was pm'ng me 5 times a day telling me what "needs" to happen and "when" it needed to happen and being a big jerk. He then calls me and threatens me over the phone. I admit, I didn't respond very nicely. I was already loosing my shirt on the deal and all I wanted him to understand was what was going on. He became more irate and I hung up on him. At this point I was pretty pissed and told him to "prove" there was something wrong with the engine...which was not very nice. This is what happened and complete factual. The other stuff about how many miles are on the engine, katrina motors, etc is a lie.

3. I have sold six engines (not to mention heads, intake, motor mounts, ls1, 2 t56s, a 4l60E, etc) in total and have received one complaint from the above purchaser. I did receive an earlier complaint from a long time ago about a T56 I was selling where a guy was asking for a crazy amount of money for two missing parts. we couldn't come to terms and he reversed the charges on his credit card so I did not resolve that issue.
4. If a moderator would like information on all of my sales I am willing to provide.
5. My Inbox was full.......this is what happens you reach the message limit.
6. I would not give my information out to some one then scam them.
This is completely true with no exaggeration. I was not going to respond to any of this nonsense but now I have been labeled as a scam artist for trying to make a few dollars off some engines because this guy is being a major ***.
Old 06-19-2007, 05:08 PM
TECH Veteran

Now that the seller has responded, there is one thing that stands out in particular: the seller is now operating in a status that would require a sponsorship agreement with LS1Tech. Please contact Nine Ball or Pro Stock John for a sponsor packet and/or any other agreement to continue selling blocks in the forums on this site.

In this situation there was a call to ban the seller though it is a fine line to do so - it means the seller cannot converse through pm or respond under the same user name if they are banned. Now this becomes a matter of record so to speak and easier to keep track of. I hope all that have had issues with this seller are resolved quickly.
Old 06-19-2007, 05:51 PM
Teching In

John, Please contact me.

Thanks
Greg

Last edited by savo; 06-19-2007 at 06:14 PM.
Old 06-19-2007, 09:12 PM
On The Tree

Just so everyone knows I have not recieved one pm or call or anything trying to make things right so obviously the guy is not going make thing right. As far as threatning him on the phone the only threat I made was that I would leave feedback and make sure he never sold another thing on the board again and I hope he doesn't. Then he wants to question weather or not I would ship the motor back. If you take a look at my feedback it is perfect and we had already agreed in one of our many pm's that the correct motor would come and they would just pick the other one up and ship it back. Also John if you want to cry about how much shipping would cost maybe you should have made sure I got the right motor in the first place and you would have only had to ship the correct one to me. Also guys I talked to the supplier about the motor and this motor I have has 162K miles on it. The one I bought was suppose to have 92K and I also asked them if they had another one that had 92K miles on it that they were pulling for you John and they said we don't even have another one of those in there whole wrecking yard so there goes his theory about how they were pulling the correct motor for me. Also if anyone is interested here is another link to a board where he has been doing shady business too. Why don't you try contacting me and trying to make thing right before you start defending yourself on here. I think everybody would be alot more probable to believe you if you got me the correct motor. Also here is a few pics of something that kinda make it impossible for me to check the motor out and I shouldn't have to check it out anyway he admits that I got the wrong one and I he needs to get me the other so why should I have to keep a motor that has 70K more miles on it than I was told. Here is the link and the pics guys. I have plenty more pics too guys. John find me one person on here that would take a motor that looks like this and try to run it. Oh and one more thing as far as the 5 pm's a day I sent him one a day on Mon-Thurs and never got a response on any of them until I posted the pics of the motors on his thread.

http://www.pro-touring.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31378

Look at the rust all over the crank pulley do you think I can through a belt on the thing without tearing it up?

Try to put a throttle cable on that thing lol

Can't really see it too well but there are many rusted through holes on the fuel lines

Originally Posted by jsconiers
Let's start off with a little bit of fact.
1. I purchased several engines from multiple sources with the intent of selling them. In total 10. Most were at my garage or at the facility where I bought them from. None of them looked like the above pictures.
2. I did sell 2002BLKTA an LQ4 Engine. It was packaged and shipped as he requested. He received the engine. 2002BLKTA notified me that it was "rusty". I responded to ALL of his PMS and attempted to resolve the manner in the way he suggested (ship him another engine and return this engine) even though it would have cost me well over $300 in shipping and eliminated any profit for two engines. I contacted the supplier of the engine and let them know this was not the engine I purchased. I received a song and dance about "the engine is good" and "rust on exhaust manifolds does not mean the engine is bad. After talking with the supplier over a 4 day period they finally made the concession to pull the original engine (even though I could not prove there was anything wrong with the engine they substituted) and exchange the engines as long as I paid all shipping expenses and gave them a deposit for the outstanding engine. Even though I had no assurance that 2002blkta would ship the engine back and I could lose my deposit and eat shipping both ways I agreed. Before they finished pulling the engine 2002blkta was pm'ng me 5 times a day telling me what "needs" to happen and "when" it needed to happen and being a big jerk. He then calls me and threatens me over the phone. I admit, I didn't respond very nicely. I was already loosing my shirt on the deal and all I wanted him to understand was what was going on. He became more irate and I hung up on him. At this point I was pretty pissed and told him to "prove" there was something wrong with the engine...which was not very nice. This is what happened and complete factual. The other stuff about how many miles are on the engine, katrina motors, etc is a lie.

3. I have sold six engines (not to mention heads, intake, motor mounts, ls1, 2 t56s, a 4l60E, etc) in total and have received one complaint from the above purchaser. I did receive an earlier complaint from a long time ago about a T56 I was selling where a guy was asking for a crazy amount of money for two missing parts. we couldn't come to terms and he reversed the charges on his credit card so I did not resolve that issue.
4. If a moderator would like information on all of my sales I am willing to provide.
5. My Inbox was full.......this is what happens you reach the message limit.
6. I would not give my information out to some one then scam them.
This is completely true with no exaggeration. I was not going to respond to any of this nonsense but now I have been labeled as a scam artist for trying to make a few dollars off some engines because this guy is being a major ***.

Last edited by 2002BLKTA; 06-19-2007 at 09:34 PM.
Old 06-19-2007, 10:09 PM
On The Tree

The other stuff about how many miles are on the engine, katrina motors, etc is a lie.

Also John how about you contact the company who sent this to me or if anyone doesn't believe that the motor has 162K miles. Take the 5 digit number off the head (61098) and call 920-494-8100 and ask how many miles are on this motor. Why you trying to lie John you just burying yourself more. It may not be a Katrina motor but I am 100% sure it has 162K miles
Old 06-20-2007, 12:36 PM
Teching In

He got me for $1,000.
I paid him on 5/19/07 for a T56 and he never shipped it.
Old 06-21-2007, 05:59 PM
Teching In

Well count me too. I purchased what I believed to be and what he told me was a 2001 6.0 with 82k miles included in the deal was a computer and alt bracket. What I received was a 99 Iron headed 6.0 with no alt bracket or computer. I have received no replies too any of my attempts to contact him and his pm inbox is full.
Old 06-21-2007, 11:48 PM
12 Second Club

damn bro, that motor is tore up!!! i would be PISSED too!!!! hope justice prevails here!!
Old 06-22-2007, 12:01 AM
TECH Enthusiast

goodluck solving this situation. hope all works out in the end. its unfortunate that bad sellers like this are on this board...i too have been scammed in the past and know the feeling
Old 06-22-2007, 07:20 AM
Teching In

Savo, please contact me.
I sent you a PM

Rich
Old 06-22-2007, 06:02 PM
Teching In

Well I contacted the salvage yard today where the motor came from and my motor in fact has 130K miles instead of the 82K miles quoted. The yard does not or never has had a 82K mile 01 motor so no mistake on the salvage yards part there either.
Old 06-23-2007, 09:12 PM
TECH Resident

contact your state consumer affairs office and they should be able to help you guys out.
Old 06-23-2007, 09:53 PM
11 Second Club

shitty deal
Old 06-25-2007, 02:17 PM
Teching In

I have contacted the IL state internet crimes division and they are waiting for everyone on LS1tech, Pro-touring.com and lateral-g.net to contact them regarding this incendent.

SAVO, if you contact me, together we might be able to do something about this.

Rich