Negative Trader Feedback Disputes| Fraud Reports | Scam Warnings

Shipping damage. Opinion on fault. Step in

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2007, 06:58 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by phildo
II suppose in your eyes I should have to just wait without a car while all this gets sorted out? .
You would have had to wait at least 3 weeks anyways! I could help you get this resolved if you weren't so IMPATIENT! Down time for a race car is normal anyways. Plus you've saved money on it. In the long run you'll be much better off. I'm finding it very hard to have a desire to help you at this point, but I'm willing to despite your rediculous lack of reason
Old 10-21-2007, 06:59 PM
Teching In

i have delt with oufan alot on different things from cars to his personal home, never one problem. Sounds like this guy is having second thoughts on the turbo and would like his money back. I saw the pictures but nothing including damage to the turbo. So point out the damage. Oufan, i say just wash your hands of it and let him take you to small claims court and let him try to prove damage to the turbo. Or just give him his money back and sell it to someone locally that knows you. I think everyone around here would buy from you, because of your stand up reputation. It sucks someone can try to run a guys name through the mud on a well populated website over something this trivial.
Old 10-21-2007, 07:15 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by oufan2929
I had absolutely no idea you were in a time crunch, you never mentioned that to me at all, but I did save your $300+shipping and 3 weeks of waiting!

I did offer multiple times to take pictures up to the shipping company and take care of it for you. Then you say that's unacceptable and you want your money back.

And yes, I was sorry for your misfortune! After you acting like a whining 5 year old, I do feel like I was doing you a favor by helping you, however I'm still offering to help you despite your threats etc.!

Feel free to contact a moderator, I have done nothing wrong! I've offered to help multiple times. Your turbo looks like it could be buffed out by hand anyways! I've seen much worse than that in pics and in peoples cars running them!
I receive a $1600 turbo all beat up and has clearly taken bad blows and I am whining? This is the whole attitude that has me PO'ed!

I have no problems running it. When it fails are you going to take care of it?

Like I said before a turbo is precision balanced and a close toleranced unit. It does not take much to damage them.

-I want a refund.

-You want to drag this on with me in the picture for months.

I feel that is unacceptable for something that was completely out of my control. I also can not be without this car for that long. So what are the options?
Old 10-21-2007, 07:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

OUfan is an outstanding person and honest as the day is long. I've had several business dealing with him and nothing but top notch deals. Nothing good comes from making this a public problem where both parties lose face and respect. I hope you can resolve this problem without everyone getting involved. Personally I cannot see any damage from your pictures.
Old 10-21-2007, 07:30 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Big Chief
i have delt with oufan alot on different things from cars to his personal home, never one problem. Sounds like this guy is having second thoughts on the turbo and would like his money back. I saw the pictures but nothing including damage to the turbo. So point out the damage. Oufan, i say just wash your hands of it and let him take you to small claims court and let him try to prove damage to the turbo. Or just give him his money back and sell it to someone locally that knows you. I think everyone around here would buy from you, because of your stand up reputation. It sucks someone can try to run a guys name through the mud on a well populated website over something this trivial.
Are you kidding me? 2nd thoughts? How about you exchange it for one that has not been banged around? OR better yet if you are so confident it is fine you buy it and gamble your $1600 on it. We are not talking about a $200 item. It was $1600!

Small claims court! It is that exact mentality that is ruining this site and private sales.

I don't have to run his name threw the mudd. He is doing a fine job of that himself.

There is just nothing to protect the buyer. Seller gets his money up front and the buyer is stuck with what he gets. COD for me from now on.
Old 10-21-2007, 07:31 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,141 Likes on 741 Posts

How about you send the Turbo to PTE and have them go over it, and the shipper pays any repair costs.
Old 10-21-2007, 07:43 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Cliff
OUfan is an outstanding person and honest as the day is long. I've had several business dealing with him and nothing but top notch deals. Nothing good comes from making this a public problem where both parties lose face and respect. I hope you can resolve this problem without everyone getting involved. Personally I cannot see any damage from your pictures.
Funny how the only ones posting in your favor are local to you.(friends) Everyone with a unbiased opinion feel the same way I do.

We have tried this privately. Publicly seems the only way to get things done.

You and you friends are quick to say it will be fine. I will run it. Which one of you wants to warranty it? It's only a measily $1600.

I have said numerous times I will run it but no one has said they would warranty it.
Old 10-21-2007, 07:55 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Pro Stock John
How about you send the Turbo to PTE and have them go over it, and the shipper pays any repair costs.
That sounds fine. I am not unreasonable. But when you want me to wait 30+days to get money from UPS or the store is unreasonable.

If he pays to ship it to F.I. to get checked out and posible repaired that would be fine. I will just have to live without a car for possible 2 weeks.
Old 10-21-2007, 08:03 PM
11 Second Club

Funny how the only ones posting in your favor are local to you.(friends) Everyone with a unbiased opinion feel the same way I do.

You and you friends are quick to say it will be fine. I will run it. Which one of you wants to warranty it? It's only a measily $1600.

I have said numerous times I will run it but no one has said they would warranty it.
we are all friends of oufan and we are giving you a testimony of his integrity. as far as warranty goes you bought a performance item that was brand new as far as i am aware, meaning never been run before. i dont know any person or company that would warranty a part after it has been installed, not by that person or a shop that they know and trust to assure proper installation.
Old 10-21-2007, 08:07 PM
Launching!

2 People posted about dealing with him, one was local.

Granted another local posted but not about dealing with him

This disproves that theory
Old 10-21-2007, 08:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

You are the one who purchased it and made the deal. Where I come from, you should have ironed out all the details of the sale and shipping instructions before the money was paid. It looks to me you should join up with OUfan and get the packing company to pay for any and all damages.......... but first you have to prove there is damage to the unit. You are assuming there is damage to the unit without any knowledge based on a few surface scratches. Sure it's 1600 dollars, even more reason to have been VERY specific on the purchase and shipping details!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-21-2007, 08:46 PM
11 Second Club

how about letting ou and phildo and psj take care of this issue?
Old 10-21-2007, 08:47 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Cliff
You are the one who purchased it and made the deal. Where I come from, you should have ironed out all the details of the sale and shipping instructions before the money was paid. It looks to me you should join up with OUfan and get the packing company to pay for any and all damages.......... but first you have to prove there is damage to the unit. You are assuming there is damage to the unit without any knowledge based on a few surface scratches. Sure it's 1600 dollars, even more reason to have been VERY specific on the purchase and shipping details!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

he is saying he doenst want to put the turbo on and have it fail on him and maybe damaging his engine. which is understandable.

i think johns advise is best, have it sent to get checked, if something is up. have oufan pay for fixing it.'

case closed.
Old 10-21-2007, 08:59 PM
TECH Resident

Why even deal with sending it to PTE to have the turbo checked when all he needs to do is get some detailed pictures that show the damage and have oufan take them to ups and wham phildo gets his $1600 back. They might even let him keep this supposedly "damanged" turbo so he will have the money and the turbo still. The finger to point here is at UPS for throwing boxes around and what not, not at oufan.
Old 10-21-2007, 09:00 PM
12 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I live in Oklahoma but dont know oufan2929 but I do like his screen name! GO BIG RED!! Anyway, I see a box that has been through UPS gorilla handlers. Thats common as I ship aircraft parts all over the world and deal exclusively with UPS. I dont see any damage to the turbo but its hard to say with the pics you have posted.
Pro Stock John had the best idea, since you have it then ship it to the manufactuer and have them inspect it. If it is damaged then file a claim with UPS, as far as who pays for shipping why not split the cost.
I dont think that publicizing your complaint against oufan is in order. Why not settle it through phone calls and resolve this childish whining.
Did you email your Moma and tell her about it too?
Chad
Old 10-21-2007, 09:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

I see the usual surface scratches that any other brand new unit would also have. I see no damage to the turbo, the box also looks great considering the weight and the way im sure it was handled. I worked for two trucking companies and know first hand the abuse that packages recieve, that box looks great IMO.

Sounds like someones having second thoughts and wants his money back.

This entire arguement is based on a deformed box and some scratches. most of the scratches were likely there even before the turbo was assembled.

I agree Phildo, your acting like a five year old.

Last edited by Jeremiah; 10-21-2007 at 09:44 PM.
Old 10-22-2007, 12:03 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I don't see any damage to the turbo either. Those scratches would probably be there if you picked the turbo up straight from the factory. I can understand why you would want this issue to be resolved, Phildo, but you haven't shown any proof of damage. oufan told you he would take this up with UPS if you could get him pictures showing the damage. So let him talk to UPS, and then go from there. You are acting as if oufan is in the wrong, while in reality he took your part to a reputable shipper, PAID for shipping insurance up to $1600, and the rest is OUT OF HIS HANDS. He told you he would take it up with UPS, what more do you want???
Old 10-22-2007, 12:21 AM
On The Tree

First off oufan has gone above and beyond for me on many buisness deals. He has allways stood behind what he has said and conducts buisness very well.
If the shipping methods were so important to you you should of been very specific with oufan about it.
He has offered to make it right by contacting ups about the "damages". It is not his fault that the turbo in "damaged" because he did not box it, the professionals at UPS did. He paid extra for insurance even though you did not request it for this reason.

I know this is contrary to your belief, but by acting like a 5 year old you will not get things fixed any faster. He is willing to help you out so stop getting on here and bashing him about it. take it to pm's or call him and resolve things.
Old 10-22-2007, 12:23 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Lucas'02SS
I don't see any damage to the turbo either. Those scratches would probably be there if you picked the turbo up straight from the factory. I can understand why you would want this issue to be resolved, Phildo, but you haven't shown any proof of damage. oufan told you he would take this up with UPS if you could get him pictures showing the damage. So let him talk to UPS, and then go from there. You are acting as if oufan is in the wrong, while in reality he took your part to a reputable shipper, PAID for shipping insurance up to $1600, and the rest is OUT OF HIS HANDS. He told you he would take it up with UPS, what more do you want???
I agree with you, I didnt see anything abnormal.
oufan is a very respected person around here and I would trust him on any issue, so its time to be mature about this work together as he has asked and get it resolved
Old 10-22-2007, 12:33 AM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hold on a second pumpkin, before you go throwing in geographical locations as a reason for bias please read:

"phildo
Launching!

Trader Rating: 4

"Pro Stock John
Administraterer

Trader Rating: 26

You guys are about 30 miles from each other, now I won't go ahead and assume PSJ has a bias toward you, so you do the same.

As far as the 'damage' (I am using that term very very very very very lightly) it looks minimal if any. The scuffs are not going to affect anything and could easily be buffed out. Also, there are zero holes in the box, I highly doubt the packing peanuts were the cause of the scratches, and I know for a fact that the turbo was brand spankin' new, so the only place it could have been scratched was during manufaturing. It clearly hasn't been dropped or anything purely because there are zero dings or even small pits.

I think you are over reacting and if you really don't want the turbo, sell it to someone else. oufan has clearly done his due diligence IMHO, with out a bias. There was more than one occassion where you asked you for pictures in this thread, you replied, but with no pictures or mention of them until about the 3rd request. I can't imagine how long it would have taken you to do that through PM's with no accountability like you have in a thread.

My solution: send the turbo to me, along wit $200 and I'll polish it for ya and get those scracthes out.

Quick Reply: Shipping damage. Opinion on fault. Step in