Negative Trader Feedback Disputes| Fraud Reports | Scam Warnings

Shipping damage. Opinion on fault. Step in

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2007, 03:03 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OUfan is a very credible guy! I have had many transactions with him and nothing but top notch! I have done a lot of business on this forum and have dealt with all kinds of people but never had anyone act this unprofessional! Proof is everything and there is no point in going any further with this when it is obvious those pictures attest nothing…
Old 10-22-2007, 08:56 AM
Staging Lane

I wouldn't take it to get a shop look at it on my own cost. This guy won't even give him a refund and go after UPS, so what would make you think he would pay to repair any damage?

I say return his money, he returns the part, shipper goes after UPS...
Old 10-22-2007, 09:39 AM
Staging Lane

Could you get better pictures of the "damage" I'm confused I just saw some normal scratches but no damage.

Waiting for pics of actual damage........
Old 10-22-2007, 10:52 AM
TECH Apprentice

Listen, I can have all my friends post on here on my "character" also. If you guys took the time to read the thread you would see that you have no idea what you are talking about. I have said many times the turbo has cosmetic damage from being floped around in a box that was way too big with nothing to hold it. This unit is cast iron. The case will take more trauma than the internals. How much trauma did it take? Is it going to destroy itself next week due to being damaged from the packaging poorly?

As for the warranty comment, I only stated that because all you guys keep saying to run it. Thats easy to say when it's not your money or car! If this thing showed up packaged properly we would not even be talking about a warranty.

I have not met John. He has only stated his opinion. Being a normal rational individual he has read the facts and made his own conclusion. ( and just in case you haven't noticed everyone that is not friends with you has had the same opinion)

For the people who keep saying I am having 2nd thoughts, If I didn't truly want it don't you think I would have made sure it was clearly damaged? Fact is I am a honest person and have shown and stated facts. I just want it checked over to make sure it isn't going to self destruct and take my new motor with it.

I guess this just blows my mind that you think this way. You seriously want me to wait 4 UPS? They take 30 days to cut a check after they are done evaluating the situation. You would happily wait that? I doubt it. To top it all off they will only deal with the shipper. You are the one they are going to reimburse.

I thought John's idea was fair. But you being the "great guy" that you are will not budge off of what you want to do. Waiting for UPS is unacceptable.

You can stop having your frat buddies post on here (Oklahoma). It looks bad for you and is solving nothing.
Old 10-22-2007, 10:53 AM
11 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Out of all the local LS1 car guys I know (a good 50+), I would think oufan would be in the top 5 most credible.

Anyway...Contact UPS directly. Not the store that packaged the item, but the actual UPS company. Sadly, this is a major part of their business and blame should not be placed on the sender when he did not ship the part himself...as he delt with a 'professional' shipping service.

Better pictures would be nice, I see no damage to the unit and/or holes in the box. You've got a 200 lb turbo in the middle of peanuts, that was UPS's bad not to put in something to give structural rigidity to the corners/outer edges of the box when the weight is in the center. Damage will occur to something with no support.

I think the buyer has handled the situation very poorly and the forum should not get involved in individual situations and dealings. That's what the trader rating system is for. Afterall, oufan's first explanation should have been sufficient to deal with UPS direct and not drag the seller down in this circumstance when he isn't at fault.
Old 10-22-2007, 11:06 AM
TECH Apprentice

If anyone reading this learns anything from this thread it should be not to buy from anyone in Oklahoma. Must be something in the water.
Old 10-22-2007, 11:14 AM
Restricted User

i think most of you are missing the point here. i am sure that ou fan is a great guy, but.....the consignee (phildo) can report the damaged package, but ups will only deal/settle with the shipper (oufan). phildo has nothing to do as far as a claim goes. if it was that easy, anyone and everyone could say their shipment was damaged and file. if the part was packaged and shipped poorly, then that is between the shipper (oufan) and the ups store (not owned by ups) to decide what course of action will be taken. if insurance was purchased then it shouldnt be a big deal. phildo has nothing to do with receiving payment/satisfaction on the claim.
Old 10-22-2007, 11:48 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by WS6nJAX
i think most of you are missing the point here. i am sure that ou fan is a great guy, but.....the consignee (phildo) can report the damaged package, but ups will only deal/settle with the shipper (oufan). phildo has nothing to do as far as a claim goes. if it was that easy, anyone and everyone could say their shipment was damaged and file. if the part was packaged and shipped poorly, then that is between the shipper (oufan) and the ups store (not owned by ups) to decide what course of action will be taken. if insurance was purchased then it shouldnt be a big deal. phildo has nothing to do with receiving payment/satisfaction on the claim.
Actually, I think you may be missing the point. I offered from the beginning to take it up w/UPS once I found out it's the shippers responsibility. It took him 3 days to post up pics and even at that the pics are a joke but I told him I'd take them in anyways. The guys posting up were strictly backing my credibility since he was attacking my character.
Old 10-22-2007, 12:24 PM
TECH Apprentice

I'm sorry, there's absolutely no way it's my responsibility!!! This guy does it for a living. You can call them and deal with them. He told me multiple times that it was good to go. He's been working there for years that I've seen him and he's shipped countless car items for me! If I would have boxed it myself, I would stand behind it and give you a refund. I do not feel any obligation to take care of this. I went above and beyond when I paid out of my own pocket for the shipping insurance! I definitely didn't have to spend the extra money. Being that I'm the "easiest" to point the finer at I can understand you want me to take care of it, however I DIDN'T box it for ship it. UPS should be responsible for abusing the package if anything! 2nd in line would be the UPS dealer that boxed it! Again, I can get you their phone number, but I'm not taking responsibility for a UPS store not doing their job!!! Sorry for your misfortune!
Ya this shows how you offered. You have pictures so lets get something done here.

The only joke around here is the package job and the fact that it is satisfactory to you.
Old 10-22-2007, 12:30 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by phildo
If anyone reading this learns anything from this thread it should be not to buy from anyone in Oklahoma. Must be something in the water.
If you're going to fill this thread with just bullshiit, I can do it much faster, much better

I'd say you get one of these

Huge Smiley

Last edited by Mudvayne; 10-22-2007 at 08:31 PM.
Old 10-22-2007, 12:36 PM
Teching In

I had this exact same thing happen to me with a computer that I sent. Paid UPS store to package it and insure it. it arrived damaged. the buyer told me it was damaged. I called UPS filed a claim, they inspected the damage, and said it wasn't packaged correctly, at which point I informed them that it was packaged by a UPS store and that there was no way I was taking responsibility for the packaging job. After fighting with the ups store owner for a couple minutes he finally started calling ups and telling them what happened. after about 2 weeks the claim was accepted and they shipped back the damaged product and I re-imbursed the buyer.

This was a crappy thing to get stuck in the middle of, I highly doubt either of you are trying to rip the other off, it's just a case of poor packaging and shipping. Bottom line is file a claim get the insurance money and live happly ever after. worst that happens is you're out some time.

btw oufan, was this the UPS store on 33rd and Boulevard?
Old 10-22-2007, 12:45 PM
TECH Apprentice

[QUOTE=Mudvayne;7989712]If you're going to fill this thread with just bullshiit, I can do it much faster, much better

I'd say you get one of these

What your doing is called trolling. Try looking it up in the rules. Once again with the reading thing....

Last edited by phildo; 10-22-2007 at 09:45 PM.
Old 10-22-2007, 12:53 PM
Launching!

What your doing is called trolling. Try looking it up in the rules. Once again with the reading thing....
You actually quoted the picture

Hmm, what's this then?

You might want to have a quick read through those rules yourself.

That make you for 0 and 2 now right? That whole pot/kettle scenario will get ya if you're not careful.
Old 10-22-2007, 12:58 PM
TECH Apprentice

You guys are really showing your age.
Old 10-22-2007, 01:00 PM
Launching!

You guys are really showing your age! LOL!
Then what's your excuse?

Need I remind you again?

I think I'll leave on this note
Old 10-22-2007, 01:04 PM
Teching In

OK #1 Have you once offered to return the part for a refund? In the real world you don't get your money back and get to keep the part.. that's plain stupid. I wouldn't refund you any money until the part was back in my possesion.. #2 Did you take the turbo to anyplace and have it evaluated before you started asking for a refund? What you are doing is complaining and wanting a refund over perceived damage to the Turbo. Perceived damage gets you nothing zip, zero, nada on a warranty claim. Unless you can prove there is actual damage to the turbo.. UPS won't refund jack..and neither should OUfan2929..
Old 10-22-2007, 01:20 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Timbo1969
OK #1 Have you once offered to return the part for a refund? In the real world you don't get your money back and get to keep the part.. that's plain stupid. I wouldn't refund you any money until the part was back in my possesion.. #2 Did you take the turbo to anyplace and have it evaluated before you started asking for a refund? What you are doing is complaining and wanting a refund over perceived damage to the Turbo. Perceived damage gets you nothing zip, zero, nada on a warranty claim. Unless you can prove there is actual damage to the turbo.. UPS won't refund jack..and neither should OUfan2929..
Do any of you bother to read before you start replying? This has been brought up but your buddy doesn't like that idea.

How about you send the Turbo to PTE and have them go over it, and the shipper pays any repair costs.
The problem is the shipper doesn't want to be put out in any way, shape, or form. He refuses to do anything but go talk to the UPS store. I want it to go get inspected but no way in hell am I paying the shipping for it to go there. I did not pick the company to do the packaging, he did. I mean man up to it already. You admitted you made a bad choice by picking them to package it soooo what is the problem?

Yes I have tried to return for a refund. That was the first thing I did. If he would have accepted we would not be here.
Old 10-22-2007, 01:43 PM
On The Tree

You seriously want me to wait 4 UPS? They take 30 days to cut a check after they are done evaluating the situation. You would happily wait that? I doubt it. To top it all off they will only deal with the shipper. You are the one they are going to reimburse.
They don't take that long. You are irrational. Make a claim with UPS. UPS refunds him. He refunds your money. Although, UPS is going to laugh at your claim.

Regarding your pictures....first, that box is in mint condition when you are talking UPS. Secondly, your turbo has scratches on the vband flange surface and the other exhaust flange. Get real dude. That isn't damage at all. Not to mention you won't even be seeing those surfaces.

Take the housings off and make sure the wheels are fine (which they probably are) and stop complaining about some scratches that you wont even end up seeing.

Sounds like you don't want the turbo anymore.
Old 10-22-2007, 01:44 PM
Teching In

My apologies, I started reading this mess and got quite bored..Well then have the turbo evaluated at your expense.. not repaired just evaluated to get an idea of potential repair cost to the item. That seems fair to me since he did pay the shipping cost and for the insurance. If you can't prove damage you have no recourse with OUfan2929, and neither does OUfan2929 with UPS. Surface scratches don't constitute, enough damage to warrant a return of merchandise, from the pictures you posted any damage to the turbo appears to be cosmetic, and that is what UPS will say. Without a clear representation of damage there is no case for you or for the shipper to receive any receive any type of reimbursment claim of any type from the shipping ins.

Last edited by Timbo1969; 10-22-2007 at 08:21 PM.
Old 10-22-2007, 01:48 PM
Staging Lane

if I bought a new car and it had a scratch on it I would expect a refund. Even if it was "ok and in working condition". If I pay the price for something new, it needs to be new. The shipper decided what store to ship it with, he needs to deal with the shipping company but it is still his responsability.

Quick Reply: Shipping damage. Opinion on fault. Step in