Negative Trader Feedback Disputes| Fraud Reports | Scam Warnings

hc performance wont give me my money back

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2008, 06:09 PM
11 Second Club

Received 124 Likes on 97 Posts

Where exactly is the Coolant coming from..where is the highest point it's leaking?
Old 04-21-2008, 10:03 PM
12 Second Club

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by hc_performance
I don't know why you keep saying that I don't care. I have been nothing but nice to you and have always tried to answer the questions that you or your engine builder had every time you called. I was always concerned when you called and said that you had a problem. It just seems to me that to many things don't add up here. You tell me one thing on the phone and then you come and post on here something else. On friday you left me a message apologizing for calling me so much and you said that you got the oil pressure problems fixed and that you appreciate all my help. Then on the following day on Sat. and you called me and left a message stating that "you probably don't know this but the motor you sold me has a cracked block" and that you want your money back and i can have it back.

The fact that you came on here and accused something that you don't even know is true is pretty messed up as you would say. My friend bought that motor out of a car that he saw it running in and it was not leaking anything. After he bought the motor he wrapped it up and let it sit in storage until I bought it. I let it sit in the same spot until I decided to sell it because i thought that i wanted a bigger motor but ended up not even buying another motor. I ended up buying another car altogether. Now there is no way that the motor got a crack in it just sitting in storage on a stand so "if" the motor has a crack in it, it happend somewhere between the shipping place and where it is right now. That is why I have taken the stance that I have. I am an honest guy and I have been a member of ls1 tech for a while. I in no way tried to sell you a motor that I knew was messed up. Again I am sorry that you have been having so many problems with it and I do care. I hope that everything works out for you!
first of all i called you so i could let you know that it had oil pressure...it was late at night when they started it up and after seeing it had oil pressure they just cut it off. The next day when i called you and texted you thats when they saw that it had coolant coming out of it. The guy doing the install will chime in. Also you make it seem like i am trying to lie about this..i to have been a member of ls1tech for a long time and as you can see i dont have any negative trader ratings so why would i be making this stuff up. I have never told you one thing and posted another so i dont know where you are getting that from. Also you say that it had to have gotten a crack between shipping and reaching me, how do you know that if you never got it looked at? Its not like you can always see a crack in a block

Last edited by quiet_storm98; 04-21-2008 at 10:09 PM.
Old 04-21-2008, 10:04 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by the_merv
Where exactly is the Coolant coming from..where is the highest point it's leaking?
im not sure, i haven't seen the car so i dunno
Old 04-21-2008, 10:48 PM
12 Second Club

another thing you keep saying i am switching my story but yet you are the one that keeps switching the stories. When i first talked to you and asked you why you are selling the motor you said you were selling it because you bought a stroker motor from wheel2wheel now all of a suddenly you have sold the car and never bought a stroker. Then you said you got the motor from some guy but now you are saying your friend bought it from some guy and that you bought the motor from him.
Old 04-22-2008, 12:31 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cracked block

H C Performance, the man may have a point. Seems like you are trying to put all the blame on him, what about your guy, he may have known something that you don't. Also if your friend saw the engine running in a car, then pulled it out, let it set at your place for a while, why did quiet storm have to work on it to get oil pressure.
SOMEWHERE BETWEEN HERE AND THERE LIES THE TRUTH.................LETS TRY TO FIND IT

Midnight1957
Old 04-22-2008, 06:46 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

OK,
I know it has taken me a little while to post on here.
but lets start off by tellign you all who i am. \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
I am the shop that installed the motor. I Have been working on LSx motors for over 6 years. my partner \bill is a GM certifed Mechanic. we do this part time on the weekends just to make a little extra money. and try to help members out over on eastern f body.
HC_Performance let me first off tell you. the car was never run for over 2 minutes. the oil plug was left out of the front and back of the motor. so we did have a oil issue. but the car was not run long enough to cause any damage. i am active duty navy and like i said i do this part time. people that bring me there cars know this so they knwo sometimes it might take me a little longer then another shop. but we are also alot cheaper then other shops because we have very little overhead. as far as your story goes. HC-performance you told me on the phone that you heard the motor run and then pulled it out of a car. then you said you sold it so you could get a stroker motor. now im hearing a whole new story.
im not here to get in a pissing match with you or anyone else. im just stating the facts here. I have already told Jarrrad he could have my spare LS6 Block all he has to do is take it to the machine shop and get it bored for 347 pistons. and ill put the motor back together.
you could at least pay for that even if you dont pay for the refund of the motor.
like i said we could argue here all day. but i dont have time for that. \i just hope you two can resolve this in a manner that makes everyone happy.
Old 04-22-2008, 08:04 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by LARRY01Z28
OK,
I know it has taken me a little while to post on here.
but lets start off by tellign you all who i am. \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
I am the shop that installed the motor. I Have been working on LSx motors for over 6 years. my partner \bill is a GM certifed Mechanic. we do this part time on the weekends just to make a little extra money. and try to help members out over on eastern f body.
HC_Performance let me first off tell you. the car was never run for over 2 minutes. the oil plug was left out of the front and back of the motor. so we did have a oil issue. but the car was not run long enough to cause any damage. i am active duty navy and like i said i do this part time. people that bring me there cars know this so they knwo sometimes it might take me a little longer then another shop. but we are also alot cheaper then other shops because we have very little overhead. as far as your story goes. HC-performance you told me on the phone that you heard the motor run and then pulled it out of a car. then you said you sold it so you could get a stroker motor. now im hearing a whole new story.
im not here to get in a pissing match with you or anyone else. im just stating the facts here. I have already told Jarrrad he could have my spare LS6 Block all he has to do is take it to the machine shop and get it bored for 347 pistons. and ill put the motor back together.
you could at least pay for that even if you dont pay for the refund of the motor.
like i said we could argue here all day. but i dont have time for that. \i just hope you two can resolve this in a manner that makes everyone happy.
Man I am sorry but I never told you that I personally heard the motor run ever, whether it be on the phone or in any posts that I have made. I said that my friend that I bought it from heard it run and he said it was not leaking a thing, I talked to him about it again yesterday just to make sure, but I don't think that matters at this point. Yes I did say that I was selling it to buy a bigger motor just like I posted about three posts ago but again a good deal on a car I have been wanting for a while came up and i couldnt pass it up so instead of buying a stroker motor I used the money to help buy the car. Sorry I changed my plans. Now I know for a 100% fact that when I talked to jarrod one of the first times that he called me he told me that the motor ran for 45 min. Now I don't know why he would tell me this if it didn't. Maybe it did and maybe it didn't, who knows but that is what he said. I think that we are at a stalemate here because I feel like that I am trying to get screwed and I am not happy about it. And then on your side you guys feel the same way I'm sure.
Old 04-22-2008, 09:24 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by quiet_storm98
i agree with you and thats why im not pursuing it any further until i find out if it is really cracked or not. The only reason i quickly reacted and posted is because ever since i have gotten this motor it has been a pain and he doesn't even care. He got his money so now he could care less whether there is a problem with it or not and i think that is pretty messed up. I haven't been able to drive my car in over a month because of the issues that we have been having with this motor. I honestly hope that it isn't cracked because i do want to use the motor and if it isn't cracked i will definately apologize to him but if it is i would expect to at least get a good chunk of my money back.

Sorry for your luck, but that is no reason to post in here/in his threads that the block is cracked when in fact you dont even know that. I am sure that if you show some pic evidence of the crack he would be willing to throw some money your way. As of now though, this is all speculation and completely unfair to the seller that you are posting this.

When is the motor going to get tested?

And who cares if he decided to get a car instead of a motor? Its his life, and is free to do what he wants when he wants. That has nothing to do with the motor he sold you.

Last edited by DSIM; 04-22-2008 at 12:06 PM.
Old 04-22-2008, 10:41 AM
On The Tree

I personally think the same. If you got a coolant leak, you need to know were is coming from before you start blaming some one.

I also think and know for a fact, that the block can also get drop, or freight can also damage it.

I bought a tranny, when I receive it. it apperantly look ok so I sign for it. when I had time to check it. I remove a shipping lavel that the freight company put on top of a crack. so to make it short, they didnt even make it hard on getting me the insurance money for the tranny
Old 04-22-2008, 01:14 PM
TECH Veteran

Shaarky mentioned something we don't expect to happen but it does: shipping crate can sometimes result in damage to blocks and tranny's.

I've got pictures of forklift operators dropping a tranny from 6 feet off the dock to the pavement below - and it happens with engines as well. It just isn't going to end up damage free at that point. It isn't intentional, it just happens on occasion. They can roll hard off the lift and do damage as well.

It is to be taken into consideration at this point there is no hard evidence showing the block is cracked and if it is, there is no specific date or information to know when that could have happened.
Old 04-22-2008, 03:34 PM
On The Tree

i guess to every one here, when sell or buy something like an engine, tranny, or rear end.

request pics from every angle. i guess the seller cant refuse, if he wants to sell it. that way you get pics before shippment, and before the install
Old 04-22-2008, 08:45 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by DSIM
Sorry for your luck, but that is no reason to post in here/in his threads that the block is cracked when in fact you dont even know that. I am sure that if you show some pic evidence of the crack he would be willing to throw some money your way. As of now though, this is all speculation and completely unfair to the seller that you are posting this.

When is the motor going to get tested?

And who cares if he decided to get a car instead of a motor? Its his life, and is free to do what he wants when he wants. That has nothing to do with the motor he sold you.
obviously if my installer is offering to give me another block to do a build then there is something seriously wrong with the block..i guess you are the only one that cant see that. Also when i talked to him he told me he had a stroker that was built by wheel2wheel sitting there waiting to go in and now all of a suddenly he never bought a stroker. As for you hc performance i never told you it ran for 45 minutes...why would it be ran for 45 minutes without oil plugs and no oil pressure?

Last edited by quiet_storm98; 04-22-2008 at 10:16 PM.
Old 04-23-2008, 09:15 AM
TECH Regular

obviously if my installer is offering to give me another block to do a build then there is something seriously wrong with the block..i guess you are the only one that cant see that.
Your installer also didnt notice the missing oil plugs until after the motor was in the car and started (even with 6 years experience AND a GM certified mechanic in the house). I also have seen no evidence of a test to even make sure there is a crack there. While I am no GM certified tech (I did work at Cadillac dealership, and have been wrenching on MANY high performance vehicles for about 14 years, not to mention an aircraft mechanic), I would at a minimum make sure that the block is cracked before telling someone it is trash. Can you get a pic of the crack? If you can then that will change EVERYTHING and I will go from giving you **** to giving the seller **** until he pays up. Until then, the burden of proof is on you and NOBODY in here has seen any.

Also when i talked to him he told me he had a stroker that was built by wheel2wheel sitting there waiting to go in and now all of a suddenly he never bought a stroker.
Seriously, what does this have to do with your motor? So what if he decided to buy a car instead of another motor? What does this have to do with a block that you cant prove is cracked?
Old 04-23-2008, 01:33 PM
Teching In

hey man, you need to chill, leave this between the OP and the seller

Jarad, man I hope all gets settled

lets hope that once the tech returns, he tells you good news that it was a leak from else where
Old 04-23-2008, 10:40 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by DSIM
Your installer also didnt notice the missing oil plugs until after the motor was in the car and started (even with 6 years experience AND a GM certified mechanic in the house). I also have seen no evidence of a test to even make sure there is a crack there. While I am no GM certified tech (I did work at Cadillac dealership, and have been wrenching on MANY high performance vehicles for about 14 years, not to mention an aircraft mechanic), I would at a minimum make sure that the block is cracked before telling someone it is trash. Can you get a pic of the crack? If you can then that will change EVERYTHING and I will go from giving you **** to giving the seller **** until he pays up. Until then, the burden of proof is on you and NOBODY in here has seen any.

Seriously, what does this have to do with your motor? So what if he decided to buy a car instead of another motor? What does this have to do with a block that you cant prove is cracked?
it has to do with the motor because he told me that was the only reason he was selling it. Honestly how can you go from having a stroker from wheel2wheel sitting in your garage to suddenly not having a motor at all. Then he goes on to say that the motor was running fine in the car it was taken from and that he never touched it but yet it had oil plugs missing?? And as for you why are you so worried about this situation? It has nothing to do with you but yet everyday you are in here leaving a dumb *** comment. The motor has to be taken back out so once it is then it can be taken to a machine shop and then maybe you can shut the hell up about it. Do you honestly think they would go through all the trouble of taking the motor back out if there wasn't a major problem with it. I also know that even once the block is taken out and taken to the machine shop and deemed unusable he still isn't going to give me any money back because that is the first thing he said when i told him about the situation. He didn't even act surprised and then immediately said it was sold as is and he cant refund me my money but yet im the bad guy. Why would i make all this up, i want to be able to use the motor otherwise i wouldn't have bought it.
Old 04-24-2008, 08:51 AM
TECH Regular

YOU posted in a public forum. YOU made it the publics business. You wanted a witch hunt for this guy. Well guess what, this isnt Salem and here you need proof before you can get $$$ back. At this point all you know is that there is a leak.... thats it. As for my "dumb *** comments," anyone can see that you cant make a claim about a motor being cracked 1) when it hasnt been tested and 2) YOU havnet even seen the motor. All I am saying is that you need to have proof, thats all. When you provide proof, all this will be on hc performance.

And hc performance, should this block come back cracked.... you got some explaining to do.
Old 04-24-2008, 10:09 AM
On The Tree

is the shop closse ? can you just go check for your self. all it takes its fill coolant, get a cooling pressure tester and test it
Old 04-24-2008, 05:26 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Shaarky
is the shop closse ? can you just go check for your self. all it takes its fill coolant, get a cooling pressure tester and test it
unfortunately the car is over 2 hours away so that is why i really haven't had a chance to see the block or anything
Old 04-25-2008, 10:25 AM
10 Second Club

it has to do with the motor because he told me that was the only reason he was selling it. Honestly how can you go from having a stroker from wheel2wheel sitting in your garage to suddenly not having a motor at all. Then he goes on to say that the motor was running fine in the car it was taken from and that he never touched it but yet it had oil plugs missing?? And as for you why are you so worried about this situation? It has nothing to do with you but yet everyday you are in here leaving a dumb *** comment. The motor has to be taken back out so once it is then it can be taken to a machine shop and then maybe you can shut the hell up about it. Do you honestly think they would go through all the trouble of taking the motor back out if there wasn't a major problem with it. I also know that even once the block is taken out and taken to the machine shop and deemed unusable he still isn't going to give me any money back because that is the first thing he said when i told him about the situation. He didn't even act surprised and then immediately said it was sold as is and he cant refund me my money but yet im the bad guy. Why would i make all this up, i want to be able to use the motor otherwise i wouldn't have bought it.
Jarad, I am sorry if we had an obvious misunderstanding about the new motor that i was going to buy. I never said that I had one sitting in my garage, I did tell you that was what i was going to buy and that was where I was going to buy it from but I never said that I had it yet. Seems to me that you are more worried about what I did or didnt spend the money on instead of what is wrong with your motor.

Second, the motor was in a running car and I never touched it! Just becasue it had oil plugs missing doesnt mean that I removed them. I never looked at the motor Jarad!!!!!!! I am sorry for those missing and to be honest with you I don't even know where oil plugs go or even what they look like but that is neither here or there. I did talk to a guy that has put together engines for me in the past though and he told me that anytime you put a motor together that is one of the things that you are supposed to check.
When did I not act suprised? Every time we talked I was very worried and was very curious as to why you were having so much trouble. And as far as refunding your money, you have come on here and run my name thru the dirt, tried to get money back from me thru paypal before even asking me about it and you have questionable people helping you put this thing together and you want me to just hurry up and send you money for something that is hasnt even been proved yet. Sorry dude I wasn't born yesterday!

And as for this thread I am done commenting on it. Every time I come on here and read it there is more dishonest information posted so I am just bowing out. You sir went about this situation the wrong way. Sorry for your troubles and good luck to you!
Old 04-25-2008, 10:44 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by hc_performance
Jarad, I am sorry if we had an obvious misunderstanding about the new motor that i was going to buy. I never said that I had one sitting in my garage, I did tell you that was what i was going to buy and that was where I was going to buy it from but I never said that I had it yet. Seems to me that you are more worried about what I did or didnt spend the money on instead of what is wrong with your motor.

Second, the motor was in a running car and I never touched it! Just becasue it had oil plugs missing doesnt mean that I removed them. I never looked at the motor Jarad!!!!!!! I am sorry for those missing and to be honest with you I don't even know where oil plugs go or even what they look like but that is neither here or there. I did talk to a guy that has put together engines for me in the past though and he told me that anytime you put a motor together that is one of the things that you are supposed to check.
When did I not act suprised? Every time we talked I was very worried and was very curious as to why you were having so much trouble. And as far as refunding your money, you have come on here and run my name thru the dirt, tried to get money back from me thru paypal before even asking me about it and you have questionable people helping you put this thing together and you want me to just hurry up and send you money for something that is hasnt even been proved yet. Sorry dude I wasn't born yesterday!

And as for this thread I am done commenting on it. Every time I come on here and read it there is more dishonest information posted so I am just bowing out. You sir went about this situation the wrong way. Sorry for your troubles and good luck to you!
so it was running fine in the other car with no oil plugs?? and i tried to get my money back thru paypal after you immediately said that you weren't going to give me my money back since it was sold as is..if you would have actually tried to work something out with me instead of just immediately saying that i am not gonna get any type of refund i wouldn't have tried to make a claim through paypal and i wouldn't have posted this thread but you haven't tried to work anything out with me at all. Then you keep trying to imply that i am just trying to rip you off but yet my car has been down for over a month and now the motor is gonna have to be taken back out so obviusly im not riding around in my car with a good motor and just trying to get my money back. So what do you intend to do once the motor is taken out and is found to have a crack in it? Are you gonna give me any type of refund? I guess not since all you can say is that it was sold as is.

Quick Reply: hc performance wont give me my money back