Negative Trader Feedback Disputes| Fraud Reports | Scam Warnings

hc performance wont give me my money back

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2008, 01:38 PM
12 Second Club

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Default hc performance wont give me my money back

ok so recently i bought what was supposed to be a low mileage forged 347 from hc performance that was supposed to be in good working order as you can see in this thread https://ls1tech.com/forums/lsx-parts-sale/867248-fs-used-forged-347-short-block.html . well i got it put in and after letting it run for a few minutes it had coolant coming out of the side of the block which means it is cracked and therefore i cant use it. When i told him about it and requested my money back he said he cant refund me because it was sold as is and he doesn't have my money anymore. Now honestly if i would have had it in for a few weeks or something and it blew i wouldn't be that pissed off because that meant that when he sold it to me it was running fine however he sold it to me already messed up and now he doesn't want to refund me. I personally think that is bad buisness and just thought that i would bring it up to everyones attention because i have a feeling that most of you would feel the same way i do. Also i would like to know if anyone knows of a way i can get my money back since he doesn't want to pay up.
Old 04-19-2008, 03:00 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How Much Did U Pay? Ya Thats Crazy I Wouldnt Buy A Bad Product Though
Old 04-19-2008, 03:36 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by bad2dbone
How Much Did U Pay? Ya Thats Crazy I Wouldnt Buy A Bad Product Though
i paid him 1900 plus shipping so the total ended up being $2100 and all he has to say about it is sorry it was sold as is. Honestly i think he knew it had a cracked block and thats why he didn't install it himself. All i want is my money back or at least a large portion of my money back that way i wont be taking such a large loss
Old 04-19-2008, 03:53 PM
10 Second Club

Jarrod, I wish the story you are telling everyone was true but its not. A few weeks after you had the engine you called me and told me that you had the engine installed and that it ran for about 45 minutes and after that it lost some oil pressure. You asked me if I had it apart or had taken any parts off of it and i told you no that i did not. You then asked me if i had any idea why that it would loose oil pressure and I said I really didn't know, and I told you that as soon as you figure out the prob. let me know. Then a few days later your engine builder called me to ask if I knew anything else about the motor and I told him only what I had told you. Then a few days later you guys called me to tell me that some oil plugs or something like that were missing from the motor and that you were going to install them and hopefully that would fix your problem and I told you that I hope that it does. Now on to today. You send me a text that says and i am quoting here "I know you probably didn't know this but that motor has a cracked block....I would like to get my money back and you can have it back." For one thing it has been more than 45 days since I shipped you this motor. And how does it go from having an oil pressure issue to having coolant coming from the side of the block which I am just know hearing about today? I don't know how this motor was installed or what you have done with it in the more than 45 days that you have had it and with any race motor everyone knows that they are sold as is because there is so many things that can go wrong with installing and building them. I am sorry that you are having problems with the motor but I know for a fact that when it left my hands it did NOT have a crack in the block!
Old 04-19-2008, 04:04 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by hc_performance
Jarrod, I wish the story you are telling everyone was true but its not. A few weeks after you had the engine you called me and told me that you had the engine installed and that it ran for about 45 minutes and after that it lost some oil pressure. You asked me if I had it apart or had taken any parts off of it and i told you no that i did not. You then asked me if i had any idea why that it would loose oil pressure and I said I really didn't know, and I told you that as soon as you figure out the prob. let me know. Then a few days later your engine builder called me to ask if I knew anything else about the motor and I told him only what I had told you. Then a few days later you guys called me to tell me that some oil plugs or something like that were missing from the motor and that you were going to install them and hopefully that would fix your problem and I told you that I hope that it does. Now on to today. You send me a text that says and i am quoting here "I know you probably didn't know this but that motor has a cracked block....I would like to get my money back and you can have it back." For one thing it has been more than 45 days since I shipped you this motor. And how does it go from having an oil pressure issue to having coolant coming from the side of the block which I am just know hearing about today? I don't know how this motor was installed or what you have done with it in the more than 45 days that you have had it and with any race motor everyone knows that they are sold as is because there is so many things that can go wrong with installing and building them. I am sorry that you are having problems with the motor but I know for a fact that when it left my hands it did NOT have a crack in the block!
lmao it never ran for 45 minutes..i told you they had it running for a few mins and then it had no oil pressure so they turned it off. The next few weeks they were trying to figure out the oil pressure issue which happened to be the rear oil galley plug as well as a leaking front oil plug. Once the oil pressure issue was solved thats when they ran it for a while and saw that coolant was leaking out the side of the block. No miles have been put on it since it has been shipped so obviously nothing they did could have caused it to crack. And how do you know it never had a crack in the block if you never took it to a machine shop or anything and you never had it in your car? By the way i will let the guy doing the install chime in when he gets a chance. I am not trying to rip you off or anything, as you can see my trader rating is very high, the truth of the matter is that the motor is messed up and you are not trying to give me any type of compensation for it. You probably knew it was messed up and thats why you had it sitting in storage for months and then suddenly decided to sell it
Old 04-19-2008, 09:12 PM
On The Tree

who installed the engine ?
Old 04-19-2008, 10:26 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Shaarky
who installed the engine ?
a guy i know installed the engine and trust me he has installed many and none of them has had the problems this one is having. The motor he sold me is defective and he doesn't want to admit that he sold me a messed up motor. Nothing that they did could have cracked the block especially since all they did was bolt on my heads, install the cam, etc. I just think it is funny how he had the motor sitting there for months and then suddenly decides to sell it and then tells me that nothing was wrong with it when he had it even though he never had it checked out or anything . Also he told me it only had about 6k miles on it but yet the motor that came out of my car which has 40k had cylinder walls that were in better shape.
Old 04-20-2008, 12:12 AM
On The Tree

[QUOTE=quiet_storm98;9193018]a guy i know installed the engine and trust me he has installed many and none of them has had the problems this one is having.

I have personally installed many engines, had never had an issue like this one.

good luck on getting your money back, I do belive that you got a crapy block
Old 04-20-2008, 12:28 AM
Teching In

Default Bad block

OK HC Performance, come on, man up don't be a woozy about this. How do you know the block was not cracked, did you have it checked, no you got it and wanted to sell it. I am not saying that you knew the block was bad, but look at the oil pressure problem they had to correct, then the coolant problem. Somebody may have stuck you with the block but don't do it to someone else that thought they were buying a good block.
Sometimes you just have to take your losess and move on, tomorrow is a brand new day.

Midnight1957
Old 04-20-2008, 12:33 AM
Staging Lane

Yea hc performance sounds out of it... sounds like defective block to me.
Old 04-20-2008, 12:36 AM
Teching In

Default Bad block

Hey H C Performance, I didn't see anything about being sold as it, could you point this out to me, it may be in your ad but I sure don't see it.
Come on man up, give the guy his money back, then go to church today and you will feel like a man.

Midnight1957
Old 04-20-2008, 01:13 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by midnight1957
OK HC Performance, come on, man up don't be a woozy about this. How do you know the block was not cracked, did you have it checked, no you got it and wanted to sell it. I am not saying that you knew the block was bad, but look at the oil pressure problem they had to correct, then the coolant problem. Somebody may have stuck you with the block but don't do it to someone else that thought they were buying a good block.
Sometimes you just have to take your losess and move on, tomorrow is a brand new day.

Midnight1957
that is my point..he may not have known it was cracked but he shouldn't pawn it off on me. If i personally was in this situation and had sold a bad block to someone i would honestly pay them back or at least try to give them most of their money back. To me its not all about the money but more about the principal of it..i personally wouldn't feel right if i sold someone something bad even if it wasn't my fault that the part was screwed up
Old 04-20-2008, 01:43 AM
12 Second Club

Yea, for the block to be leaking, something major must of happened before the install. Something in the range of... the engine falling off a stand or something, but for an engine to have a crack in it out of nowhere? doesnt seem right.

Last edited by 1fastz; 04-20-2008 at 02:41 AM.
Old 04-20-2008, 07:40 PM
12 Second Club

The person doing the install is out of town and the person that helps him is the one that saw the coolant leaking...i honestly hope that the coolant isn't leaking from the block because i do want to use the motor. Plus it doesn't look like hc performance wants to give me any of my money back so i am really hoping the block isn't bad. Im just really frustrated right now because this motor has been a problem ever since i got it and I haven't driven my car in over a month because everytime it is fired up for a minute or two there is another problem with it and hc performance doesn't even seem to care.
Old 04-20-2008, 07:46 PM
TECH Regular

Did your builder properly clean the block for the head bolts? Any debree or liquid in there when you tighten the head bolts can crack the block.
Old 04-20-2008, 08:42 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by phoenix1987
Did your builder properly clean the block for the head bolts? Any debree or liquid in there when you tighten the head bolts can crack the block.
considering he has done many ls1's im sure he did..i honestly hope it is the head gasket or something. I will know soon whether or not there really is a crack in the block
Old 04-21-2008, 11:49 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by quiet_storm98
considering he has done many ls1's im sure he did..i honestly hope it is the head gasket or something. I will know soon whether or not there really is a crack in the block

You claim there is a crack, now you dont know? You better be 100% sure before you come on here trying to get your money back.
Old 04-21-2008, 12:28 PM
10 Second Club

thats what i'm thinking. Where exactly is it leaking from? Did you check the heads before install to make sure the hole was plugged in the passenger side head for the water temp sensor? i know when i put heads on my car, i forgot to do this and it was poring water from what looked like the back side of the block, took forever to find the problem, but it was something that i forgot to do. I would check everything first before posting.
Old 04-21-2008, 02:03 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by DSIM
You claim there is a crack, now you dont know? You better be 100% sure before you come on here trying to get your money back.
i agree with you and thats why im not pursuing it any further until i find out if it is really cracked or not. The only reason i quickly reacted and posted is because ever since i have gotten this motor it has been a pain and he doesn't even care. He got his money so now he could care less whether there is a problem with it or not and i think that is pretty messed up. I haven't been able to drive my car in over a month because of the issues that we have been having with this motor. I honestly hope that it isn't cracked because i do want to use the motor and if it isn't cracked i will definately apologize to him but if it is i would expect to at least get a good chunk of my money back.
Old 04-21-2008, 05:42 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by quiet_storm98
i agree with you and thats why im not pursuing it any further until i find out if it is really cracked or not. The only reason i quickly reacted and posted is because ever since i have gotten this motor it has been a pain and he doesn't even care. He got his money so now he could care less whether there is a problem with it or not and i think that is pretty messed up. I haven't been able to drive my car in over a month because of the issues that we have been having with this motor. I honestly hope that it isn't cracked because i do want to use the motor and if it isn't cracked i will definately apologize to him but if it is i would expect to at least get a good chunk of my money back.
I don't know why you keep saying that I don't care. I have been nothing but nice to you and have always tried to answer the questions that you or your engine builder had every time you called. I was always concerned when you called and said that you had a problem. It just seems to me that to many things don't add up here. You tell me one thing on the phone and then you come and post on here something else. On friday you left me a message apologizing for calling me so much and you said that you got the oil pressure problems fixed and that you appreciate all my help. Then on the following day on Sat. and you called me and left a message stating that "you probably don't know this but the motor you sold me has a cracked block" and that you want your money back and i can have it back.

The fact that you came on here and accused something that you don't even know is true is pretty messed up as you would say. My friend bought that motor out of a car that he saw it running in and it was not leaking anything. After he bought the motor he wrapped it up and let it sit in storage until I bought it. I let it sit in the same spot until I decided to sell it because i thought that i wanted a bigger motor but ended up not even buying another motor. I ended up buying another car altogether. Now there is no way that the motor got a crack in it just sitting in storage on a stand so "if" the motor has a crack in it, it happend somewhere between the shipping place and where it is right now. That is why I have taken the stance that I have. I am an honest guy and I have been a member of ls1 tech for a while. I in no way tried to sell you a motor that I knew was messed up. Again I am sorry that you have been having so many problems with it and I do care. I hope that everything works out for you!

Quick Reply: hc performance wont give me my money back