Negative Trader Feedback Disputes| Fraud Reports | Scam Warnings

hc performance wont give me my money back

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2008, 12:27 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

if the motor has a crack, the seller should atleast give some kind of refund. but thats up to him. and then you guys will need to figure out how it got crack ?
Old 04-27-2008, 01:09 PM
12 Second Club

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Shaarky
if the motor has a crack, the seller should atleast give some kind of refund. but thats up to him. and then you guys will need to figure out how it got crack ?
i agree with you..im not saying that he should refund me all my money because he may have honestly not known it had a crack but he should at least give me half back. That way he will still have gotten a decent amount of money for something he wasn't going to use anyway and then i will be somewhat pleased. Hopefully the motor will be out soon so we can get it tested and hopefully we can find out how it got cracked.
Old 04-30-2008, 08:09 PM
12 Second Club

just keeping everyone updated..im going down sunday to see the motor and i am gonna try to get a pic of the crack
Old 05-01-2008, 12:50 AM
TECH Regular

See if you can find some kind of spray on dye-penetrant... maybe you can save a motor pull for the test. At least you know for sure when you know at that point.

Really hoping it is something simple, not for the sellers sake....just because dropping the motor sucks!!!
Old 05-02-2008, 02:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by CYPHUR

- If you aren't a direct party to a given thread, do not post up in it adding your two cents. This includes bandwagoning, bashing, and any other post that can be construed as derogatory or counter-productive. Even if you are a "friend" of the member, stay out of it. An infraction will be given to those who continue to ignore this rule.
Originally Posted by DSIM
YOU posted in a public forum. YOU made it the publics business. You wanted a witch hunt for this guy. Well guess what, this isnt Salem and here you need proof before you can get $$$ back. At this point all you know is that there is a leak.... thats it. As for my "dumb *** comments," anyone can see that you cant make a claim about a motor being cracked 1) when it hasnt been tested and 2) YOU havnet even seen the motor. All I am saying is that you need to have proof, thats all. When you provide proof, all this will be on hc performance.

And hc performance, should this block come back cracked.... you got some explaining to do.
Old 05-04-2008, 07:25 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by DSIM
See if you can find some kind of spray on dye-penetrant... maybe you can save a motor pull for the test. At least you know for sure when you know at that point.

Really hoping it is something simple, not for the sellers sake....just because dropping the motor sucks!!!
i went to go see it today and it is definately cracked..the crack is at the bottom of the block near the starter. I know it is cracked for sure because they wiped the spot and then a few seconds later coolant began to come out of it. You could actually see the coolant beginning to come out of the area and within a few minutes there was a small puddle of coolant on the floor. The crack is very small but it is definately there so the motor is gonna have to be pulled . Im also upset because i know he isn't going to give me my money back. Also there was still no oil reaching the top of the motor so they think the cam bearings may be bad as well, either way i cant use the motor so at this point i dont care I would just like some type of compensation for receiving a defective product.
Old 05-04-2008, 08:40 PM
On The Tree

remind me never to do business with this *******.
Old 05-05-2008, 12:39 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by quiet_storm98
i went to go see it today and it is definately cracked..the crack is at the bottom of the block near the starter. I know it is cracked for sure because they wiped the spot and then a few seconds later coolant began to come out of it. You could actually see the coolant beginning to come out of the area and within a few minutes there was a small puddle of coolant on the floor. The crack is very small but it is definately there so the motor is gonna have to be pulled . Im also upset because i know he isn't going to give me my money back. Also there was still no oil reaching the top of the motor so they think the cam bearings may be bad as well, either way i cant use the motor so at this point i dont care I would just like some type of compensation for receiving a defective product.
That sucks man! He really needs to help you with this and pay all or alot of the moeny back and he can have his cracked block back to give back to his buddy who claims it ran fine. Did the crate looked damaged at all?
Old 05-05-2008, 01:20 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by 2001z
That sucks man! He really needs to help you with this and pay all or alot of the moeny back and he can have his cracked block back to give back to his buddy who claims it ran fine. Did the crate looked damaged at all?
thats what i suggested to him when i first found out about the crack..i told him I would send him the motor back and he could refund me my money but he immediately told me sorry it was sold as is. Then he tried to make it seem like i am trying to rip him off but if i was trying to rip him off i wouldn't have offered to send him his motor back. As far as the motor they said everything looked fine when they received it
Old 05-05-2008, 08:25 PM
9 Second Club

this is a bunch of b.s. jarrad is a stand up guy and wouldn't lie about this. i know that he sold his motor in hopes of running this one and is now s.o.l. man up and give him back the money. internet crooks. i wonder what the world would be like without them?
Old 05-05-2008, 09:37 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by subhumanzz
this is a bunch of b.s. jarrad is a stand up guy and wouldn't lie about this. i know that he sold his motor in hopes of running this one and is now s.o.l. man up and give him back the money. internet crooks. i wonder what the world would be like without them?
thanks for the input. Also if you look at my trader rating as well as the guy doing the install combined we have almost 50 positive trader ratings so obviously we aren't dishonest people.
Old 05-05-2008, 10:27 PM
On The Tree

It sort off pisses me off that all of you guys are calling h.c. a crook and *******, when no one has any proof that he did anything wrong. He never ran the motor, how on earth was he supposed to know it was cracked. He gave his testimony to the buyer that his friend saw it running, that doesn't mean it wasn't damaged before it changed to his hands. Also, it's extremely likely that it got damaged in shipping. Honestly, I would have claimed insurance on it before I went accusing the seller.
Old 05-06-2008, 12:57 AM
On The Tree

how did the motor got shipp?
Old 05-06-2008, 09:24 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by quiet_storm98

That really sucks to hear man....

hc performance... time to chime in and offer that refund. There is now visible proof that it was cracked, and apparently did a fine job of packaging the motor. The motor was cracked and you sold it. It "might" have been without your knowledge but this is NOT the time to screw someone because you "might" have gotten screwed as well. Time to man up and give this guy his money back.
Old 05-06-2008, 10:21 AM
On The Tree

I'm with DSIM, HC performance, might have not know that the block was cracked. but how are you going to screw some one. just because your friend screw you over
Old 05-06-2008, 08:54 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by pcgamer4life
It sort off pisses me off that all of you guys are calling h.c. a crook and *******, when no one has any proof that he did anything wrong. He never ran the motor, how on earth was he supposed to know it was cracked. He gave his testimony to the buyer that his friend saw it running, that doesn't mean it wasn't damaged before it changed to his hands. Also, it's extremely likely that it got damaged in shipping. Honestly, I would have claimed insurance on it before I went accusing the seller.
well as soon as i told him it was cracked he just immediately said sorry it is sold as is so obviously he has no intentions of paying me back even though he says he didn't know it was cracked. I even offered to send him back the motor in exchange for my money so he could see the crack for himself but he refused. Also the area where the crack is would have been pretty hard to damage when shipping afterall the engine was on a stand and if it would have fallen somehow it would have more then likely fell on the side not on the bottom near the back of the motor. The way i look at it is even if he didn't know it was cracked he could at least give me back half my money and i could just sell the rotating assembly and that would make up for most of the money i spent but he wont refund me anything at all.
Old 05-06-2008, 11:53 PM
On The Tree

you need to get pics of the crack, preferly with the leaking coolant.

I was looking at the pics, from the tread when he was selling the block.only one not so good pic from the starter side
Old 05-07-2008, 12:02 AM
TECH Fanatic

quiet storm, sorry to say this but ur not to smart at all, first and for most u dont buy used engines i dont care how many guys on here buy them used, u dont ever pay that kind of money without insurance, it took u like 2 months to tell the seller that its cracked, ur mechanic should have known that the oil plugs were off, (not a smart one),
ive heard many cases were the block cracks when people crank it and the starter cracks the block, whos to say that didnt happen when u turned the car on, this has happend to me when i turned my car once the starter cracked on me, im glad the starter was weak and that was the first thing to go instead of my block, also u posted on here cause u wanted a to put some kind of bounty on him, ive sold many parts here, once i sold a fast 90 intake, and i took pics of it before it shipped, it took the guy 2 weeks to tell me that it arrived cracked near the tb seal, i refunded the guy his money, not because he was right but because i care about my feedback and thats the kind of guy i am, and i know the kind of guy he is for lying to me, alot of buyers break the stuff and the claim on here that they were jacked, there has to be protection for the sellers to, im in no way trying to say that hc is right, but when u buy a used engine all ur buying is probs, hopefully u learn from this and dont do it again, before u posted this and made it public u should have tried a little harder to resolve this with the seller, instead u paniced and posted
Old 05-07-2008, 10:00 AM
On The Tree

[QUOTE=themack56; it took u like 2 months to tell the seller that its cracked, ur mechanic should have known that the oil plugs were off, (not a smart one),

some times it takes time and money before the install

ive heard many cases were the block cracks when people crank it and the starter cracks the block, whos to say that didnt happen when u turned the car on, this has happend to me when i turned my car once the starter cracked on me, im glad the starter was weak and that was the first thing to go instead of my block,

first we need to see pics of the crack, then we can determine what cause it.
Old 05-07-2008, 10:04 AM
On The Tree

quiet storm did HC perf send you a message. saying that it was sold as is ?

Quick Reply: hc performance wont give me my money back