Negative Trader Feedback Disputes| Fraud Reports | Scam Warnings

hc performance wont give me my money back

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2008, 11:15 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Get your evidence together and take him to small claims court so a judge can determine the facts of the case and get this done the right way.

Good luck.
Old 05-07-2008, 11:27 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, the guy hasnt been on since April 27..I hope you have other ways of contacting him........
Old 05-07-2008, 07:25 PM
12 Second Club

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by themack56
quiet storm, sorry to say this but ur not to smart at all, first and for most u dont buy used engines i dont care how many guys on here buy them used, u dont ever pay that kind of money without insurance, it took u like 2 months to tell the seller that its cracked, ur mechanic should have known that the oil plugs were off, (not a smart one),
ive heard many cases were the block cracks when people crank it and the starter cracks the block, whos to say that didnt happen when u turned the car on, this has happend to me when i turned my car once the starter cracked on me, im glad the starter was weak and that was the first thing to go instead of my block, also u posted on here cause u wanted a to put some kind of bounty on him, ive sold many parts here, once i sold a fast 90 intake, and i took pics of it before it shipped, it took the guy 2 weeks to tell me that it arrived cracked near the tb seal, i refunded the guy his money, not because he was right but because i care about my feedback and thats the kind of guy i am, and i know the kind of guy he is for lying to me, alot of buyers break the stuff and the claim on here that they were jacked, there has to be protection for the sellers to, im in no way trying to say that hc is right, but when u buy a used engine all ur buying is probs, hopefully u learn from this and dont do it again, before u posted this and made it public u should have tried a little harder to resolve this with the seller, instead u paniced and posted
im not to smart?? From your point of view i may not be but honestly not everyone has money to buy brand new motors and besides according to him it was supposed to be a low mileage motor with no problems, tons of people buy used motors so i guess all of us aren't to smart according to you . Secondly it took so long because the person doing my install had a vacation planned and of course took that vacation. Also i dont see how the starter could have cracked it considering the crack is at the bottom in between the starter and oil pan. Also i tried to resolve it with him first but all he kept saying is that it was sold as is even though he never said that before the sell and even know he wont respond to any attempt i have made of contacting him.
Old 05-07-2008, 07:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Exclamation

Originally Posted by quiet_storm98
im not to smart?? From your point of view i may not be but honestly not everyone has money to buy brand new motors and besides according to him it was supposed to be a low mileage motor with no problems, tons of people buy used motors so i guess all of us aren't to smart according to you . Secondly it took so long because the person doing my install had a vacation planned and of course took that vacation. Also i dont see how the starter could have cracked it considering the crack is at the bottom in between the starter and oil pan. Also i tried to resolve it with him first but all he kept saying is that it was sold as is even though he never said that before the sell and even know he wont respond to any attempt i have made of contacting him.

im not trying to bust ur *****, but ask any real mechanic if they recomend puttin a used engine in ur car, the answer no, not unless u recondition it, i agree with u that the seller never stated sold as is, take ur mechanics ls6 block, and try to get back what the machin shop with charge to hone it, thats the only way i see him giving anything back
Old 05-17-2008, 01:06 PM
12 Second Club

im not trying to bust ur *****, but ask any real mechanic if they recomend puttin a used engine in ur car, the answer no, not unless u recondition it, i agree with u that the seller never stated sold as is, take ur mechanics ls6 block, and try to get back what the machin shop with charge to hone it, thats the only way i see him giving anything back
reconditioning isn't going to do anything for a cracked block..also the motor that came out of my car is used but it looks like new and ran perfect so not all motors need to be reconditioned just because they are used. On a side note a local machinist i know said since the crack is small he should be able to repair it easily but first he has to see it and the motor has to be taken apart for him to do the job. Also the seller still hasn't tried to work anything out with me but its all good because what goes around comes around and it will come back on him one day.
Old 05-17-2008, 01:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Sounds like he ripped you off, and now he can't even show his face here anymore. I think he knew all along that the block was damaged, and just passed it on to you. He has to just remember one thing.....karma is a bitch!!!
Old 05-18-2008, 10:35 PM
Teching In

im not trying to bust ur *****, but ask any real mechanic if they recomend puttin a used engine in ur car, the answer no, not unless u recondition it, i agree with u that the seller never stated sold as is, take ur mechanics ls6 block, and try to get back what the machin shop with charge to hone it, thats the only way i see him giving anything
back
You have no clue what your talking about do you? I work at a GM dealership, and we have real mechanics and it just so happens we purchase used engines from yards and nothing happens to them but new fluids when they are installed in our real shop. Oh ya, this is done under warranty too. So its approved and regularly done.
Old 05-19-2008, 04:46 PM
Staging Lane

not taking sides but you said they bolted on your heads well if the motor had been sitting for a while and had trash or flash rust in a bolt hole then when they went to turque the head bolts it could have hydraulic wich means it had rust trash or liquid in it and the access pressure had no where to go so it cracked i say this from a mistake i made so just a theroy and ive been doing this 9 yrs so its not like im new to this
Old 05-19-2008, 07:39 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by john.boy1985
not taking sides but you said they bolted on your heads well if the motor had been sitting for a while and had trash or flash rust in a bolt hole then when they went to turque the head bolts it could have hydraulic wich means it had rust trash or liquid in it and the access pressure had no where to go so it cracked i say this from a mistake i made so just a theroy and ive been doing this 9 yrs so its not like im new to this
thanks for the input but honestly if you see where the crack is it is on the bottom of the block, it isn't cracked anywhere else. If it cracked in the way you are suggesting im pretty sure it would be cracked higher up.
Old 05-19-2008, 11:14 PM
On The Tree

Not to sure how this issue will wind up, but if I was the seller and didn't know about it and had it stored the whole time then I would at least pay for the machine work on the LS6 block you were offered and then go rip it out of the guys *** who sold it to me like that. Secondly look at the original post where hc performance had the motor for sale. In the post where he posted pics of the motor on the stand look at the second picture. The top middle head bolt hole has a pretty nice gouge in the deck surface. This may not be on a critical area of the deck but this was like this before it was shipped. Now I don't know many of us on here that is that clumsy or could care less about our motors to just tear stuff apart or put it together so clumsy to put nicks like this on sealing surfaces.

As for liquid or debris being in the head bolt holes causing this that is up in the air. The block will crack where the expansion stress is being applied. We need pics of where the crack is at. The OP said the crack is low but also take into consideration the these head don't bolt to the deck surface like LT1/LT4 motors or SBC's. The head bolts anchor down inside the block hince no threads at the deck surface.
Old 05-20-2008, 09:44 PM
12 Second Club

the crack is on the bottom of the block...i will try to get a pic of it this weekend or something
Old 06-30-2008, 08:21 PM
12 Second Club

sorry to bring this thread back from the dead but i decided to part the motor out and guess what it had internal damage as well. The crank was scored and the crank bearings were bad. Also the pistons in the motor aren't even the brand of pistons he claimed in the for sale thread so basically this guy completely screwed me over.. I will have the person buying the rods come in and tell you guys more. He can tell you guys that this guy really screwed me over.
Old 06-30-2008, 08:33 PM
12 Second Club

sorry about your lost bro, that guy is a scum bag. I hate people who screw people over and then lie about it. The best thing for that guy to do is to be honest about it and pay the you back. I could understand if the guy "thought" the motor had those parts, but just because he thought or was told by someone that the motor had that stuff (or for whatever reason), doesnt justify him not being able to pay you back because HE was lied to...but if he TRULY knew it didnt have that stuff in the motor, then thats even more fucked up. Give him what he deserves, small claims court.

Last edited by 1fastz; 07-01-2008 at 12:19 AM.
Old 06-30-2008, 09:33 PM
On The Tree

I'm the guy that went today to purchase the parts from quietstorm_98. The crank and bearings had severe wear on them. They did not look like they came from any low mileage or recent built engine. Also, the pistons are not what they were advertised to be. He really got screwed on this purchase!
Old 06-30-2008, 10:10 PM
TECH Resident

bring him to court. What a piece of ****.
Old 07-01-2008, 06:45 AM
11 Second Club

^^^ X 2!
Old 07-01-2008, 08:38 AM
TECH Resident

To add insult to injury, he acts like the victim. "i had no idea there was any damage. I dont think there is damage, and if there is it probably was done by you installing, or maybe in shipping.the motor was fine, low mileage, etc. My name is getting dragged through the mud for no reason. pity unto me, im taking my ball and going home since u guys are meanies."

then u find out he lied about everything. His story about the motor (seeing it, not seeing it, etc) doesnt match up, it wasnt low mileage, the parts were different then he claimed, parts were worn and broken, the block has a crack in it, etc. Then he leaves with the money.

Dude, you beeter take him to court. Set an example. For your own sake and the sake of car guys doing business online, bring him to court and tear him apart.
Old 07-02-2008, 08:40 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Johny GTO
To add insult to injury, he acts like the victim. "i had no idea there was any damage. I dont think there is damage, and if there is it probably was done by you installing, or maybe in shipping.the motor was fine, low mileage, etc. My name is getting dragged through the mud for no reason. pity unto me, im taking my ball and going home since u guys are meanies."

then u find out he lied about everything. His story about the motor (seeing it, not seeing it, etc) doesnt match up, it wasnt low mileage, the parts were different then he claimed, parts were worn and broken, the block has a crack in it, etc. Then he leaves with the money.

Dude, you beeter take him to court. Set an example. For your own sake and the sake of car guys doing business online, bring him to court and tear him apart.
honestly i was trying to tell peole that from the beginning..he kept changing his story and then was saying that i was lyin . but anyway no need to cry over spilled milk, im over it and i already know that i will never get my money back because even if i did take him to small claims court he will just end up not paying and then i will have spent even more money.
Old 07-03-2008, 05:41 AM
11 Second Club

honestly i was trying to tell peole that from the beginning..he kept changing his story and then was saying that i was lyin . but anyway no need to cry over spilled milk, im over it and i already know that i will never get my money back because even if i did take him to small claims court he will just end up not paying and then i will have spent even more money.
Nah that's not totally accurate dude. It shouldn't cost that much. Just call up Judge Judy or Joe Brown!

j/k

Were glad to hear your car is back up and running now!
Old 07-03-2008, 11:49 AM
TECH Resident

Yes, you did. And you were telling the truth, that should be acknowledged.
I dont know much about the legal process, but i hope you can sue him to recover your money, as well as court costs.

If anything, make this guys life hell. Make a game out of it. Email people he kows, works with, etc. Mail flyers to his neighbors, etc. GOOD TIMES!! lol

Sorry this happened to you. I am sure it will leave a bad taste in your mouth for some time.

Quick Reply: hc performance wont give me my money back