New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Christmas Crisis...:read:

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2008, 12:38 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I say you buy him the lid so he has something to install on christmas day, and you get him a Texas-Speed and Performance gift card or a summit gift card for the other 100-200 dollars. He would be ecstatic. I would be at least
Old 11-06-2008, 12:58 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just wanted to say your awesome. Everything mentioned b4 is a good place to start. I am sure he will love anything you get for him. Thumbs up on double checking here first, that shows you treat him right Lucky Guy
Old 11-06-2008, 08:04 AM
TECH Fanatic

To the original poster, I would like to thank you for making this thread. I showed it to my GF and now she realized how much guys like to get stuff for our cars. I think I talked her into getting me N2O for x-mas. Well that is if i get her a coach purse. LOL
Old 11-06-2008, 08:29 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by wht01ws6ta
Huh? You guys ever driven a car without one and then with one? It's not a "go fast in a straight line" part of course...

It is always in the way though I'll give you that.

Yes my 99SS is built for handling on a road coarse. Subframe connectors are all you need the stb is pretty to look at. An agressive alignment will do more for the car than the STB.

Most guys like to feel like they have accomplished something when they work on the car. Nothing does this better than more power. a STB under the hood might be a cool novelty at first but he wont get to appreciate it everytime he steps on the throttle.

The gift certificate is ok, but honestly I like to open packages not an envelope with money. Personaly I would go with peformance
mods over appearance so it makes a seat of the pants feel difference everyday he drives the car. The TB is an easy easy swap, something you could do yourself for him if you wanted to.

DONT BUY AN EXPENSIVE AIR FILTER!! The Fram paper is just as good and 1/4 the cost. If you buy him a lid a new air filter should go with it to complete it.

Also new plugs and wires are a good innexpensive gift if his car needs them.

Last edited by 99blancoSS; 11-06-2008 at 10:58 AM.
Old 11-06-2008, 08:36 AM
Teching In

lol, I think my boyfriend should hear about that coach purse
Actually, I am pretty simple... I would like just to play dress up lol and be silly together... Maybe GO out to a really fancy place! lol. or He just cook a meal and have the place set up with candles and be like a waiter or hire his sister to do it lol.lol lol lol lol ... hahaha
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
&& just to let everyone know, i am pretty Positive (Actually, VERY) that I am purchasing the lid. YAY!
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Also, a tech mentioned something like "a ported TB is 141.45" ...
I am curious to know what a "TB" is and ....This is more long the lines of a girl question I bet but Does color matter? You said something about a red and black? If color matters then Those will not work, .. whatever they are....
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
OH and mr. ponyhater27, I must tell you that I can not act all innocent.. lol..
I mention to trey he loves his car more than me lol... But I guess, I can nt blame him for loving his car a lot though, She is sooooooo Beautiful. && he takes extreme care of her. I kinda wish it was like that for me too lol... OH and I am not completely sure what the shift light is.. But if that is something he is interested in, I am sure he will talk about it lol... I bet I will hear that after he has some things done to his car.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
&& about going to a track for racing.. OMG, I would absolutely LOVE LOVE THAT. I would pay for a few times lol... I love racing sooooooooo much. That sounds like a fun day.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Everyone who has replied.. THANK YOU.. seriously.
I used to complain about trey being on the internet soooo much, but gosh it is sooo addicting. Cars are soooo fascinting. I used to be a truck fan, but Goshes, I want a car like his. =] =] =] SO I can make it sweet and race people lol...
I just have a thunderbird that is a V8 and For giggles, I race people. But Soon I am totally getting a new car. Then I bet he will complain that I am on the internet tooo much lol. On here =] =]
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh and You said an airfilter needs to go with the lid???
How much does that run?

Last edited by LucyLynn; 11-09-2008 at 08:48 PM.
Old 11-06-2008, 08:46 AM
Banned

The TB is short for throttle body. Its the device that opens up and lets air into the engine when he steps on the gas. For ease of explanation its the carbeurator of the car. ( dont jump on me [people I know it isnt a carb just trying to explain it)

If you look under the hood its the silverish gray thing right in the middle of the front of the intake and has the lid connected to it.

What we do is reshape it and it allows more air in which gives the car a little more power and better response when he steps on the gas.

As far as color, no the red and black aren't a performance type of thing its just eye candy under the hood. Kind of like a teddy vs a flanel nightgown, doesn't change anything but presents it nicer..,LOL

Your awesome for taking this step and jumping into it feet first!! My wife hates my cars ( they get all the attention and money..LOL)
Old 11-06-2008, 10:54 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Lid and TB or lid and 5.0 shifter would be great.

Even Sam Strano says a strut tower brace does virtually nothing for these cars so don't throw a way your money.
Old 11-06-2008, 12:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Lid = $90, 5.0 Short Shifter = $180, and a Short Stick = $27. He will thank you.
Old 11-06-2008, 12:23 PM
Banned

Thumbs up

Yep, been so long since I had stock shifter I forgot how they are , thats not a bad mod either and will be enjoyed everytime he shifts
Old 11-06-2008, 12:29 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You could just get him a nice clean slp lid, and give him like 200bucks for saving for something on his car? What about that Im sure hed be very happy with something like that, hell hed prob be happy with just the lid! But instead of doing all these expensive things. You could pickup the lid for 100 and get him a short stick shifter from ws6store.com for like 25bucks.
Old 11-07-2008, 06:52 AM
On The Tree

i hope he knows (at christmas) how much trouble you went threw to do this for him
Old 11-07-2008, 07:51 AM
TECH Regular

All I have to say is....wow. Its one thing for a girl to buy you stuff for your car, but it usually won't be what you like (air fresheners, those things that you hang on your visors that have tissues in them, auto zone ricer products, etc), but for a girl to go on the forums and research what would be good, wow! Suspension components are good too, maybe some lower control arms for the rear (100-150 dollars, these lower control arms help the car become more stable when accelerating). Maybe some Macewen white faced guages too (120 bucks). Either way, he would not be dissappointed. If my girl did this, I don't know what I'd do.
Old 11-07-2008, 07:55 AM
12 Second Club

So, I bought my gf a 100 something dollar purse two weeks ago.. and she didnt get me a thing for my b-day.. this guy is a lucky bastard...
Old 11-07-2008, 08:05 AM
Self proclaimed VILLAGE IDIOT

Alright... So, speak up... Which one of y'all is Trey?

Nah, j/k. Pretty cool of you to get on the internet and research all of this and get the stuff that he really wants. Good luck.
Old 11-07-2008, 02:16 PM
Teching In

Lol, you guys are silly. && I can totally tell you that no one on here is trey.
He actually told me I couldn't say his name because?? Well, I am not sure.. but I wanted someone to look at his page and see what he would want lol Like do not ask just look at his interests..
Okay, actually I can be "bad" and tell you his name.
Trey1010........
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, and I am soooo excited to give him gifts from me.
I already want to give our six month gift but it is a month and three days away lol.... But I know you guys on here would be proud of me. At least I hope lol.. I will totally update you though later and tell you what it was.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh and totally sorry for you buying your girlie something and you did not get anything in return?? :'(
I am actually telling him that He does nothave to get me anything though, I am pretty positive money is going to be tight. SO i am cool with it. I just like little things for sure.----------

But I do have one car question. Okay, mister Trey and I were looking online at some like decorated like dash board things. I am not quite sure how to explain it. Basically in between the seats in his trans am is like a spot for a cup and then where he shifts and etc. Anyways, It is like decorated and way neato looking. How much does something like that cost or && where do you find things like that lol... I want a princess one hahaha He can have something cool like that too hahaha

Last edited by LucyLynn; 11-07-2008 at 04:41 PM.
Old 11-07-2008, 04:05 PM
10 Second Club

Received 72 Likes on 37 Posts

Your sooo cool. Have any sisters lol? I say get him a lid and shifter for now.
Old 11-09-2008, 07:18 PM
Banned

just buy a lid

or the thing called a flowpac.

it runs about 275 dollars

but it makes a would of difference

it is also very easy to install

Last edited by CRAGER; 11-09-2008 at 07:50 PM. Reason: spamming to 50 posts
Old 11-09-2008, 07:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

seriously, dont post 5 times in a row with less than a sentence each time. all of your posts on this board seem to be pointless, and it looks like your just trying to get your 50 count minimum to sell in the classifieds.

edit: that was meant for silverfbody before crager fixed his post. just wanted to clarify so the OP didn't think i was referring to them.

Last edited by 406malibu; 11-09-2008 at 08:17 PM.
Old 11-10-2008, 01:36 AM
TECH Addict

I'll make this very simple for you. This is a 4 in 1 type deal. One order and you get 4 different things. It is right where you wanna be in your price range. It will cost you right about or near 310 dollars for this combo/setup. When he opens this up and sees all this stuff he is gonna flip! I had to buy my own lid for my car and was waiting by the mail box for it. This will save you the trouble of ordering 3 different things. By the time you pay 3-4 shipping and handlings, you shoulda bought this!

http://www.ws6project.com/user_stor/...products_id=41

BTW, your a badass GF! I have a gf that doesn't mind me buying stuff for my car. She enjoys it as much as I do. Well, summer cruising with the t-tops out!
Old 11-10-2008, 01:46 PM
Teching In

Default ?? Please && Thank you

Oh and I added a little more to my question...
Would this be cool?
Raptor Performance LED Miniature Shift Light $105.00

Last edited by LucyLynn; 11-10-2008 at 02:21 PM.