Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Christmas Crisis...:read:

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2008, 11:17 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Christmas Crisis...:read:

So my boyfriend has a '99 Ls1 Trans Am...
For christmas He wants a lot of things and I am secretly ordering some things for him. The only problem is...... I do not want to get the wrong thing...

Okay, what type of "long headers" are best for his trans am...
Next, He has also talked to me about a "lid" ????

Sorry, I hope that you can help me with this.

Thanks, A lot
Old 11-04-2008, 11:23 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

how much money are you willing to spend?

headers can go up to 1k for a good set.
Old 11-04-2008, 11:31 PM
TECH Junkie

yeah around a grand.

http://store.summitracing.com/egnsearch.asp?N=115+-42629+-59143+-59338+-127156+-184819+-43867+-48616+-167931&Ns=P_SRE_DisplayPrice|0

http://www.bmrfabrication.com/misc.HTM

either ones would be good. and he should appreciate it. if not then idk :p
Old 11-04-2008, 11:39 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Lids usually run around $100 bucks. This link http://www.wsproject.com/user_stor/c...Path=235_89_65
shows you all the different lids available for his trans am. There is one picture of a breather filter which is not what you want. The rest of the pictures shows different air lids. I would suggest getting the SLP one at the bottom. They all do the same thing so there not really one that is the best. As far as Long tube headers goes. You need to find out if his car still has an EGR system on it and it still has the AIR system on it. If it still does you will have to order headers with the provisions on them for the AIR and EGR. There are many different headers, but a good budget header are the pacesetters. This likn below will show you all the options. Make sure you are looking at just the headers that say "long tubes". Once again, if he still does have the AIR and EGR sytemes on his car, he will need the headers with provisions in them. If he doesn't have the AIR or EGR systems on his car, you will need to buy the "race" version of the headers.
http://www.ws6project.com/user_stor/...Path=235_82_43
Old 11-04-2008, 11:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

If you find an item you want to purchase, you can send me the link and I will double check and make sure it will fit his car. If he has an Ls1tech name, send it my way and I can find out if he has the AIR or EGR system for you, so he is not suspicious. Good luck
Old 11-05-2008, 08:48 AM
Teching In

Default Okay, I am not quite sure if the pic uploaded...

Okay, A thousand is a little out of the question lol...
But about the pic, I uploaded one of some headers.
Oh and trey--my boyfriend... Mentioned they needed to be ceramic or something in that manner. Christmas Crisis...:read:-trey.jpg

Okay, aside from that my next big question is...
Trey's car is stock and he is obssessed with his baby. But he has a lot of things in mind. Can you give me some ideas of things that he could want to do to his trans am....

Oh and I really hope he would appreciate a gift for his car lol...

Thank you so so so so much.

Oh and can you let me know about some less expensive things lol, but still GOOD!

Last edited by LucyLynn; 11-05-2008 at 08:54 AM. Reason: I left something out...
Old 11-05-2008, 09:04 AM
12 Second Club

lid, pacesetters, catted y would net about 30hp and cost about 600
http://www.texas-speed.com/shop/item...id=181&catid=8

you can get a lid anywhere from the sponsors >>>>> and they will all be the same price and all do the same thing.

and since its a 99 you could get him an ls6 intake those go for about 300 used on these very forums.

so you can have all those for about 1k and that would be a great start for his car.
Old 11-05-2008, 09:45 AM
Teching In

What are pacesetters?
How about just some simple things lol.. Like the lid.
That is about a $100.00 I think. At least that Is what i looked up today...
&& I want to spend about 300. max on him lol. For now, I have to get other people stuff too lol. I am only 20.. haha

So ? Would you be happy with a lid or you know just something sweet from your girlfriend lol...
Old 11-05-2008, 10:00 AM
TECH Fanatic

Pacesetters are headers like the pic you posted. That is sweet that you're trying to get him some good car parts for Christmas but if your boyfriend Trey is on here don't you think he might easily see this thread? You could do something simple like a strut tower brace for about the same price as a lid as well.
Old 11-05-2008, 10:04 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

i think anything you would buy for him that involves his car, will make him very happy. i wish my past g/f's would have bought me **** for my car...so just buy the lid...
Old 11-05-2008, 10:05 AM
Banned

i wish my g/f would buy me **** for my car, but its "just a car" to her. hell, id be happy if my g/f bought me a lid and nothing else for xmas.

Last edited by Boomer Sooner; 11-05-2008 at 10:39 AM.
Old 11-05-2008, 10:06 AM
Launching!

is it an auto or manual? If its a manual you could look at short-shifters, those make a world of difference and are great too.

wish i had a girlfriend to buy me cool stuff lol
Old 11-05-2008, 10:08 AM
TECH Regular

Here is a link to the lids. I have the bottom one, which is the SLP one and it is very nice!
http://www.ws6project.com/user_stor/...Path=235_89_65

And here is also another thing on top of the lid that I would greatly appreciate. Who doesn't love free stuff for our cars!!
http://www.ws6project.com/user_stor/...oducts_id=1343
Old 11-05-2008, 10:11 AM
TECH Resident

don't cheap out on him and get coated headers, do it right and get stainless. A lot of nut huggers on here will tell you about pacesetters...until they have to replace them a few years later.

Edit just saw you want to spend 300.....a lid and maybe some appearance mods would be cool
Old 11-05-2008, 10:35 AM
Teching In

I am so full of questions. Sorry If I am annoying at all...
&& to answer about if trey can read this, No...
I needed help making one but he has No idea what it is about...
&& I made him PINKY not to read it. So I trust him.
----------------------------------------------------------
Okay, you mentioned something about "strut tower brace" for about $100.00, what exactly is that?
I can get him that for our six months which is the tenth of December and then a lid for christmas? Does that seem good?
--------------------------------------------------------
Oh && I absolutely LOVE his car. She is beautiful lol. She is pretty much his #1 lol.. Okay, not really but His car is a big part of him and Me. He recently just had something removed to make it sound louder. IT"S AMAZING!
----------------------------------------------------
His car is Manual... && I know I have heard him talk about short shifters lol.. is that extremely expensive?
---------------------------------------------------
lol,Oh && I love that edit thing lol, I know $300.00 is not a lot but it is something for now lol... && what kind of appearence mods??

----------------------
**Oh and my name is not sarah lucy lynn miller or whatever lol...
My name is nicole. Lucy lynn is a nickname
Old 11-05-2008, 10:42 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by LucyLynn
I am so full of questions. Sorry If I am annoying at all...
&& to answer about if trey can read this, No...
I needed help making one but he has No idea what it is about...
&& I made him PINKY not to read it. So I trust him.
----------------------------------------------------------
Okay, you mentioned something about "strut tower brace" for about $100.00, what exactly is that?
I can get him that for our six months which is the tenth of December and then a lid for christmas? Does that seem good?
--------------------------------------------------------
Oh && I absolutely LOVE his car. She is beautiful lol. She is pretty much his #1 lol.. Okay, not really but His car is a big part of him and Me. He recently just had something removed to make it sound louder. IT"S AMAZING!
----------------------------------------------------
His car is Manual... && I know I have heard him talk about short shifters lol.. is that extremely expensive?
---------------------------------------------------
lol,Oh && I love that edit thing lol, I know $300.00 is not a lot but it is something for now lol... && what kind of appearence mods??

----------------------
**Oh and my name is not sarah lucy lynn miller or whatever lol...
My name is nicole. Lucy lynn is a nickname
most likely the cats(catalytic converters). that or his muffler. i had my muffler cut off and left it off for like a week(i liked the way it sounded), until **** started ******* up. then i had it welded back on.
Old 11-05-2008, 10:51 AM
TECH Fanatic

I would get ahold of a lid, and them maybe get ahold of 6litereater about some of his new products. He has a splitter that goes on the front of our cars and really adds something different for appearance. A short shifter will still be within your 300 budget with the lid. They range in price from $90 to $190 here.
http://www.ws6project.com/user_stor/...Path=235_79_34

By the way. This is great that you are doing this for your BF, and im sure everyone on here wishes our significant others would think of doing something like this for us.
Old 11-05-2008, 10:52 AM

Strut Tower brace ~100
Lid ~100

Would be an awesome pair of gifts that are within your budget and are quality parts. With the exhaust items, you're gonna have to sacrifice quality to stay close to your budget. Is better to start out small, but with parts you won't have to replace later.
Old 11-05-2008, 10:53 AM
12 Second Club

300 could get you strano springs or ebiach(sp) springs. and then he could get some nice shocks. thats a great present too.

so you know, springs=lower car
Old 11-05-2008, 11:48 AM
Teching In

So, I have so many idea's now, thanks to everyone who posted.
You guys are very sweet.

Now, I know when mentioned about the short shifter, That is something I believe he actually wanted.

So I am most likely purchasing the lid and something else. But I do not believe I can be too secret because, I want to get the right parts and Ones that he actually Likes. I would hate to buy him something and then trey not like it or He wanted to have a different one.

I have bought him a necklace before and that didn't last long and I thought he just didn't like it because he had other necklaces from previous girlsfriends that have lasted forever. but whatever.

I just want him to Really really have an amazing 6 months, and christmas with me. It will be my very first one with him and I am sooooo excited.
when Should I order the parts so that they will be in on time?