Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

car or girlfriend?

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2009, 10:21 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mean87SS
Yeah, all the girls @ the track or @ carshows are with a guy!
No kidding
Old 02-13-2009, 10:34 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by oberth1
ok listen. If they can spend $200 to have their hair done, $50 on their nails, $150 on body lotions and special hair treatments then i dont want to hear about spending "too much money" on my car. Or...Buy her something for her car.

You want her to stop complaining? LET HER DRIVE IT. Mine understood very quickly what the facination was with these. Took all the arguing away.

"You spend too much time working on your car and cleaning it". Want that to go away? Easy. Everytime you wash yours, wash hers. Im not saying spend 3 hours detailing it, but scrub it down. Complaining quickly goes away. Pop her hood every so often and clean it up, check the oil and do her tune ups. Or invite her out to help you, and show her around her car while your at it so she knows why you get so involved and why it takes so long.
I must say your very much so right on!
I fell more in love with trey's car whenev I drove it.. I begg him to drive it all the time. && I even raced in it once with out him, got pulled over but the cop let me go.. It's such a rush..
&& I could see all those complaints about hair and nails and etc. But whenev I am not spending my money on that but on his car and bills lol.. Then I think it is a diff story.. But what you are saying about cleaning "her" car and etc. WOW, that would make me a very happy camper =] more like the happiest. Plus I wanna learn about it.. He questions me randomly about car stuff like a spark plug measurer thing and he was like you will never know what this is./.. and I did.. because once I needed knew spark pplugs my step dad showed me that and actually made me do the measuring part.... My family laughed because Iam pretty girly for that.. But I loved it.. I even layed on the ground to see what it looked like under my car. Pretty sweet. lol
Old 02-13-2009, 10:52 AM
On The Tree

I'm so glad I am not the only one who goes through this

"You care more about your cars than you do me!"
"Is it REASONABLE to spend that kind of money on parts right now?!"

It kills me, every time I try to work on any of my cars... the phone rings 10 times.. "Are you still working, are you almost finished? How much longer are you going to be?"

I just wish she could understand sometimes that its the only break from reality I get and is what I love to do. And to be honest, yes i like to work on my car more than I like sitting at home watching TV and talking about what color she should paint her nails etc.

So I feel your pain guys.
Old 02-13-2009, 10:55 AM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My wife thought my car was the coolest thing ever WHEN WE WERE DATING!
Now we're married and I really think she would burn it to the ground if she thought she could get away with it.
Old 02-13-2009, 11:01 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LucyLynn
I am curious to know if every guy that has a girlfriend fights with there girl because "She thinks you care more about your car"?????
yeahhhhhhhhhh, I know all about that....
Old 02-13-2009, 01:17 PM
Teching In

lol yup mine loved it when i first got it now im modding and she just wants to know when its going to be done lol guess she doesnt know that it will never be done lol
Old 02-13-2009, 03:51 PM
12 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by LucyLynn
Wow, I am the op! Also I am a GIRL!

I can see that some of of you guys are dead set on your car...
I have a boyfriend with an AMAZING trans am...
He is currently working on building it into something better by adding simple things like the headers and lid and etc.etc....

I have NO problem buying him things for it like the lid thing well air filter and car video games hahahhaha and now I am secretly ordering him the "5.0 shifter" ---maybe if we are still together... due to like No attention to me...

I posted this bulletin because I was curious to know "How (you) feel about cars" I guess because, I am slightly confused... I know it is a wonderful hobby, and let me tell ya GOING TO THUNDER VALLEY is sooo much fun... But a little more attention is super..

-----Oh and I think it is funny about the girls complaining about there hair... I love the T-tops down... I think I ask for more than him haha... Even when it's cold... I will just say "let's turn on the heater... " =] && Hell, you could just tell the girls to bring a brush =]

But thanks to all of your post! I guess the majority of your minds are set on car is more important than a girl :'(
your frm OKLAHOMA im assuming???

THUNDER VALLEY is badass!!!
Old 02-13-2009, 04:01 PM
Staging Lane

dude keep the car because if you dont next is youre man-hood gf will come an go!! just my two cents
Old 02-13-2009, 04:04 PM
"Q"
Teching In

F-Body > The Ladys
Old 02-13-2009, 04:10 PM
TECH Veteran

I have been lucky this far in that way. All my ex's understood that it made me happy and thus were happy for me to play. But then again I made it clear I was not willing to give up what made me happy.

A good car is FAR more reliable than most women. When the car starts to act up, you can always rebuild it. With a crazy woman, there's no fixing that pos. LoL
Old 02-13-2009, 04:33 PM
12 Second Club

All of mine didnt mind much till they found out how much I spend on my hobby. One kinda slipped and said she didnt know what I drove harder-My car or her. I still laugh at her to this day on it. But I also try to get them to enjoy it as much as I do.
Old 02-13-2009, 05:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

hmmm lets see..... ill stick by the fact that no matter what i do or who i screw my car will ALWAYS be there for me. money can always fix her and make her happy and in return she'll make me happy. if im in a good mood ill go for a cruise if im in a bad mood i can blow off steam by going for a spin. no matter what, my car(s) will always be in my life. maybe i think this way cause im only 23 but i know that i will never be told by anyone to sell one of my cars. i have a gf and after almost 2 yrs shes finally starting to realize that my cars are part of who i am. if it ever came down to her making me choose between her or the car then well the car(s) came first and they will always win and she must have not been the right person for me.

haha anyways ya im upsest with my cars but as long as the woman understands that then itll always work out. plus when im done working on the car, the woman always gets shotgun and goes for death rides! id buy her a camaro of her own if she were REALLY into the whole modding car thing and a speed addict. on the plus side shes eager to learn and ive got almost every single year 67-02 camaro drilled into her head so if she saw one she could name the year range and what model it was.

Last edited by C Murda; 02-13-2009 at 05:18 PM.
Old 02-13-2009, 05:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by oberth1
ok listen. If they can spend $200 to have their hair done, $50 on their nails, $150 on body lotions and special hair treatments then i dont want to hear about spending "too much money" on my car. Or...Buy her something for her car.

You want her to stop complaining? LET HER DRIVE IT. Mine understood very quickly what the facination was with these. Took all the arguing away.

"You spend too much time working on your car and cleaning it". Want that to go away? Easy. Everytime you wash yours, wash hers. Im not saying spend 3 hours detailing it, but scrub it down. Complaining quickly goes away. Pop her hood every so often and clean it up, check the oil and do her tune ups. Or invite her out to help you, and show her around her car while your at it so she knows why you get so involved and why it takes so long.
He has done this before^^ ... I can definitely respect that. That said though, I would much rather have a car, than a gal who will attempt to fight for attention... It is all about finding a good one I guess
Old 02-13-2009, 06:24 PM
Staging Lane

Car with girlfriend on the side.
Old 02-13-2009, 06:27 PM
12 Second Club

Well I would pick my girl over any car. I have had ALOT of F-bodys a few G&A, pickups and assigned quite a few Helos. My car dont keep me warm a night, a job to fix me dinner, a clue when Im pissed, but then again I am about 36 and been there done that routine.
Old 02-13-2009, 06:38 PM
Teching In

Guys
It dosen't get any better either. Been married going on 39 years. have gotten to the point of I don't care what she says anymore. I find it relaxing just tinkering with my old vette that I have owned for 33 years. I have found out that I can **** her off, and she tells me "just go on to your shop" That's what I wanted to do all along.
Old 02-13-2009, 06:42 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by tillery
Well I would pick my girl over any car. I have had ALOT of F-bodys a few G&A, pickups and assigned quite a few Helos. My car dont keep me warm a night, a job to fix me dinner, a clue when Im pissed, but then again I am about 36 and been there done that routine.
You can always turn on the heat at night and drive your car to Mcdonalds or something.
Old 02-13-2009, 07:22 PM
12 Second Club

And get fat then I wouldnt have to worry about women and be like the rest of fatass guys at the car shows drooling over the hott women. No thanks. Ill stick to my answer. I understand why my kids mom gets pissed. I paid 18,000 for the car and have around 30,000 into it since. That dont include other projects I have going on. But my kids love to go fast to. But my 5 yr old son likes the new ZOs so looks like I need to put in more OT. It dont make sence to build a car to cruise and ogle chics and then choose a piece of metal,plastic,glass and rubber over them. And hang with the dudes. Dont get me wrong, I cruise lookin for a fight with another car still for bragging rights. But its to impress women, not guys. A little gay you know. Plus it dont look right to bath with your car. Also alot of you on here would cringe on what I do to these late model cars. Im not nice at all.
Old 02-13-2009, 07:51 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by tillery
And get fat then I wouldnt have to worry about women and be like the rest of fatass guys at the car shows drooling over the hott women. No thanks. Ill stick to my answer. I understand why my kids mom gets pissed. I paid 18,000 for the car and have around 30,000 into it since. That dont include other projects I have going on. But my kids love to go fast to. But my 5 yr old son likes the new ZOs so looks like I need to put in more OT. It dont make sence to build a car to cruise and ogle chics and then choose a piece of metal,plastic,glass and rubber over them. And hang with the dudes. Dont get me wrong, I cruise lookin for a fight with another car still for bragging rights. But its to impress women, not guys. A little gay you know. Plus it dont look right to bath with your car. Also alot of you on here would cringe on what I do to these late model cars. Im not nice at all.
That is true. I've never picked up a girl in my car. Maybe I should shave off my mullet.
Old 02-13-2009, 07:56 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by nemss1
your frm OKLAHOMA im assuming???

THUNDER VALLEY is badass!!!
Good question...

But thunder valley sucks