Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What should happen next?

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2009, 11:13 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What should happen next?

I have had my 01' Trans Am for about 6 months now, and managed to add some TTII's, Nitto 555R's, CETA MOD, Decals, K&N Filter.

My question is what should I add next? Mainly looking for performance now because I can't think of any more appearance stuff.

My car is a WS6, has Flowmaster exhaust,and is M6. I know I should get a lid but haven't decided between Fasttoys or SLP. But after the lid what comes next? I want to get the smalls things first. I was also considering a E-Cutout but not sure if I would enjoy it, in the long run..
Old 03-29-2009, 11:28 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Lid whisper's are nice, headers, y pipe, LS6 manifold, and before I went any further I would look into some suspension it makes all the difference. Start with some subframes and work your way back and front from there. Make sure to check out UMI they have the best stuff in my opinion.
Old 03-29-2009, 11:40 AM
On The Tree

I'd go with some long tube headers, off road y pipe, cutout, cat back, ls6 intake, then maybe a mail order or dyno tune, then as stated before start your suspension SFC, LCA, PHB ect.
Old 03-29-2009, 11:54 AM
11 Second Club

Being an 01 you already have the ls6 intake.
An e-cutout would be nice because you can have it quite when you need to but open it up with the push of a button. I wish mine was electric.
A lid is a must. free mods, P&P TB, U/D pulley, just bolt on stuff will all help.
Old 03-29-2009, 12:21 PM
TECH Resident

I would start at the exhaust myself, but there's no reason you can't start with intake work and go from there. And ditch the flowmaster once you decide to overhaul your exhaust.
Old 03-29-2009, 01:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would get the fast toys lid, my slp lid fit like crap and the fast toys while not perfect is much better, then look into headers...the edelbrock longtubes are a great deal for the price, if you can afford stainless I really like my ARHs and if you are on a budget the pacesetters get the bang for the buck award.

Personally, id take the flowmaster muffler off and put a magnaflow on, and a cutout would be cool.

After that start looking into a cam and/or dyno tune.
Old 03-29-2009, 01:23 PM
On The Tree

What they said basically.
Old 03-29-2009, 02:11 PM
11 Second Club

Agreed. Lid, P+P tb, LT headers, ORY and catback, or duals, gears, short shifter. Ditch the chokemaster as soon as possible though. If you want to keep a catback, look at magnaflow for cheaper, corsa for (imo) one of the nicest systems out.
Old 03-29-2009, 03:21 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by AznMuscle
Agreed. Lid, P+P tb, LT headers, ORY and catback, or duals, gears, short shifter. Ditch the chokemaster as soon as possible though. If you want to keep a catback, look at magnaflow for cheaper, corsa for (imo) one of the nicest systems out.
If i go to Corsa, would it be a bad idea to just swap the muffler for Corsa one or would it be advised to get the whole catback? If i do just to the Corsa muffler will i lose anything besides the tips?

Also say i went Magnaflow is that a downgrade or upgrade from Chokemasters? When i ask that i mean performance wise, and sound wise

Also what is P+P?
Old 03-29-2009, 03:32 PM
11 Second Club

P+P=ported throttle body

Almost any catback is better then flowmaster. magnaflow is a stainless system, and for the price, very nice, and also sounds great. Corsa also sounds amazing, looks ******* great, and *I think* one of the best flowing catbacks. GMMG is also up there iirc. But the price difference between corsa and magnaflow is.....great. I think I saw the corsa's on some site for 1200, where as magnaflow is under 500. One cheap alternitive could just be to put a cutout on the I pipe on your exhaust. That will help with the flow also. I am not sure if you can just buy parts of corsa...I think you have you buy the whole thing. I remember someone here on tech had 1 tip stolen off his corsa system, and couldn't get a replacement..******* sucked. Anyway, hope that answers you question. There are lots of choices man. Check out ls1sounds, and see what you like. Also, remember with ORY pipe and LT headers, some systems don't sound as good due to rasp. Something to research also.
Old 03-29-2009, 04:26 PM
TECH Addict

A better cat back system (or a cut out) would be my first choice for your next mod and headers if you can afford it. After that get your suspension taken care of. You'll think you have a brand new car.
Old 03-30-2009, 05:39 PM
Launching!

What about SLP Loudmouth catback any comments on them?

Does it have bad drone? Does it sound good in person? Any cons to it?
Old 03-30-2009, 05:40 PM
11 Second Club

LM is...loud. And with LTs and ORY, it can get back rasp. Alot of people get rid of the SLP resonator, and put either a Borla XR-1 muffler in place ( I believe that is the muffler), or a Magnaflow...creating the borlamouth/magnamouth.
Old 03-30-2009, 05:43 PM
Launching!

Sounds like magna flow is what i might do, if i add some corsa tips to the magnaflow catback will it interfere any?