Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

00 SS wont turn over!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2009, 06:26 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation 00 SS wont turn over!!!

ok a lil back ground jus got my 00 SS M6 wit 134,xxx. ok so ive only had it a week an its already messin up. so its been fine till this mornin when i had it crankin but it wouldnt turn over an i cant figure it out. seems like a fuel problem (full tank of gas) or ignition. i was told when i bought it a new fuel pump was jus installed. i know its not a battery or sstarter problem they are ok an i checked all fuses an relays related to the problem an are ok. wats my next test i cant figure this out an drivin me crazy................
Old 06-11-2009, 06:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

after you tried to start it, pull a plug and see if it smells like gas, if so, you can rule out fuel
Old 06-11-2009, 06:49 PM
Vik
Staging Lane

I'm not sure about Ohio, but in Texas, it is the seller's responsibility to sell the car in good running condition so you can take it back to him and legally force him to repair it if you have had the car for less then 3 months.
Old 06-11-2009, 06:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Vik
I'm not sure about Ohio, but in Texas, it is the seller's responsibility to sell the car in good running condition so you can take it back to him and legally force him to repair it if you have had the car for less then 3 months.
thats totaly not true... if its sold as is it can break down right when the person gets into the vehicle to drive away.. tough ****.

BUT... have someone get into the car and just turn it to the on possition do NOT turn itover. and open your gas tank and see if you can hear the fuel pump priming itself up.
Old 06-11-2009, 07:29 PM
Teching In

aight tried to listen for the fuel pump an i can hear it. wat else could it be like an ignition problem how could i check.. really gettin pissed
Old 06-12-2009, 07:55 AM
TECH Enthusiast

you check VATS? the security thing in the key?
Old 06-12-2009, 10:31 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 01CamaroZ28
you check VATS? the security thing in the key?
if it actualy turns over it couldnt be vats right? blocked fuel filter maybe?

OH i see you have an M6. push the car a little ways, jump in it and drop the clutch. Dont go to fast. See if the car will start then. My guess is you arnt getting anough fuel tho one way or another so this method wont be too successful. Do like he said, pull a plug and smell for gas
Old 06-12-2009, 07:53 PM
Teching In

aight i got spark to the coil pack an im smelling fuel an i beleive to hear the fuel pump charge its self. a friend said that his 04 GT has a emergency fuel cut off switch do these LS1s have that i could check it. jus cant get a mechanic friend over till mon.