Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

im a newb

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2009, 08:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Default im a newb

was up everyone new to the site new to ls1's and 4th gens but not new to f bodys this is my 4th one the other three were 3rd gens i now own a 2002 trans am coupe silver on black chrome only upgrade now is a set of boss 808 18in wheels from my last firebird
Old 07-12-2009, 08:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

also i plan to do mods sometime over the fall and winter doing my reserch now to she what my goals can be for the budget i have
Old 07-12-2009, 08:54 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Congrats, welcome to the site. Check out the stickys at the top of the sections.
Old 07-13-2009, 01:13 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

what is your budget? if you don't mind me asking
Old 07-17-2009, 05:42 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by elias_799
what is your budget? if you don't mind me asking
sorry havent had internet all week havent been in town but im not to sure is not gonna be any thing over the top i wanna make sure i now what i want out of it as well the car will be a driver for a min so im not sure weather to do suspension or motor the ls1 in stock form is fun for the street already got a tickit but as far as buget goes not much to start possibly 3g
Old 07-17-2009, 06:56 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by theskitztikwon
sorry havent had internet all week havent been in town but im not to sure is not gonna be any thing over the top i wanna make sure i now what i want out of it as well the car will be a driver for a min so im not sure weather to do suspension or motor the ls1 in stock form is fun for the street already got a tickit but as far as buget goes not much to start possibly 3g
The car in it's stock form can get you in trouble, I got my first ticket 12 days after I bought the car
Old 07-17-2009, 07:04 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes even in stock form the ls1 is bad ***! If i were you to start out i would do the simple stuff lid, long tubes, cat back, and some sub frame connectors. You have a 2002 so thats good you already have an ls6 intake. Thats about 1g or a little more right there so with what you have left you can decide if you want to go ahead and get heads cam or susspension stuff its up to you. What do you want with the car Fored Induction? NA? Nitrous?
Old 07-17-2009, 07:16 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

as far as upgrades to your car, you can do a nice setup as heads and cam for around $3500 and that should include a dyno tune. but as DCsLS1, it wouldnt hurt to start with some simple stuff. Headers, cam, full exhaust. that way it'll be a foundation to build on. let us know if you want help or advice. good luck and welcome to the site.
Old 07-17-2009, 09:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mitahuoch
let us know if you want help or advice. good luck and welcome to the site.
thanx i will do i dont need to go 11s in the 1/4 to put a smile on my face as long as i dont get my a$$ handed to me buy a new camaro or avg mustang and callanger id be happy dont want any kind of forced induction for the most part i do like the spary (only there when you need it) but i can get what i want from gm parts ie ls6 heads not sure about the cam yet not my area that i know alot about i know what it does and what the numbers mean just not what it translates to with what you already have
Old 07-17-2009, 10:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Welcome. Look into capitalization and punctuation. Makes people more likely to actually read your posts...