Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

whisper lid

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2003, 06:25 AM
Restricted User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default whisper lid

OK, i bought a whisper lid and it doesn't fit right at all. it will come completely off while driving which isnt good. oh, also i bought a pro 5.0, the company i bought it from didnt give me it in a box they just set it in my car after i got it back from them. no new bolts and if anything else comes with it i didnt get it. what should i do about this.
Old 11-23-2003, 08:43 AM
((((((Administrator))))))

Sorry to hear about your problems man.

I have seen a few Whisper lids that didn't fit well at all. I helped this one guy with his, I had to "bend" it to fit the outer two tabs.

I like the Ripper over the Pro 5.0. I had the Ripper for a couple of years and tried out the Pro 5.0. I pulled the Pro 5.0 out after about 5 minutes. And yes the box my Pro 5.0 came in was small with a zerox copy picture on top and newspaper for packing. Also the shifter stops looked weak compared to the Ripper's.

Peace,
Craig.
Old 11-23-2003, 08:58 AM
Restricted User

The left clip for the air lid broke off some time last night. im seriously pissed. speed inc is getting a call monday. my pro 5.0 didnt even have a box when they gave it to me, no reinforced bolts, the whisper lid was in an open box etc.
Old 11-23-2003, 09:21 AM
It's not mine! woo hoo!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I'd be returning both of the items. I'd go with a lid from http://www.ls1motorsports.com - only $75 bucks! If you want something a little more flashy, try http://www.texas-speed.com

I have the Pro 5.0, and I love it. I think it has a more positive feeling than the Ripper does. I got mine from http://www.norcalstreet.com
Old 11-23-2003, 11:18 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is a very common mistake.

If any lid is "popping off", your not installing it right!

The front of the lid between the clips goes down inside the groove in the lower airbox.. not in front of it.
Old 11-23-2003, 11:29 AM
12 Second Club

Take the lid and pro-5 back. Buy the lid somewhere else, and put the money for the pro-5 in your pocket.
Old 11-23-2003, 03:20 PM
Restricted User

i love the pro 5.0 to death, its just that i seriously think it should've came in a box etc with it for the price they cost. the lid is still a bunch of bs, i have no left clip so that sucks. ill probably return the lid and try and get the mount bolts etc for the pro 5.0 too.
Old 11-24-2003, 10:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

The whisper lid fits like crap. I also had issues. Even with the Holly powershot filter. Their was a nice sized gap in the back and some movement of the filter on the sides. Got a TSP clear lid and it's a much better fit. I still noticed some very small gaps in a couple places but put a thin line of that foam weatherstripping on the bottem lip of the filter along the back and sides to push the filter up slightly and create a better seal.

Just a word of caution for anyone using an aftermarket lid. Make sure their is a tight seal with the filter on all sides. Otherwise you are allowing all sorts of crap to be inhaled into your intake.