Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 05-20-2016, 10:10 AM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Chevrolet Camaro or Pontiac Firebird Engine Guides
Print Wikipost

Which engines will fit in a 94 firebird and with what modifications?

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2009, 04:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Garr
Why does everyone hate on the underglow first off? It looked really good. To each their own right? I have a thing for lights and sound, and it was sound activated. Dont be such a douche. The last reply was actually answering, so lets stick to that.
If you want a bunch of people to like the underglow go to a civic forum... ya it was cool at one time... I had it when i had my first car at 15...

back to you saving money... seriously... get an LT or LS car. You can get an LT1 f-body for less than 5 grand.
Old 11-02-2009, 04:54 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There is a guy in the non-lsx forum that is selling a Turbo V-6 from a Grand National for like $2500. There are both 3800 blocks...aside from wiring, computer box, and a tune, I think it would be an easier conversion than a V-8. Those motors are fast as h3ll too. That is what I was planning when I blew the motor in my V-6. Someone bought it before I found a motor though.
Old 11-02-2009, 05:03 PM
'Bird Director

Location: Central Indiana Honors: 4th grade spelling bee contestant
Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts

I am in the middle of doing the swap on my '95 'bird. It's very labor-intensive, and really isn't too feasible if you're going to need the car back on the road in a timely manner. If this is your only mode of transportation, I would really think twice before doing it.

My conversion was done because I was going to cut up and gut a car, and I also wanted a hardtop. So, I bought a $1,000 V6 Firebird and started gutting and cutting. I couldn't see taking a nice car and doing that to it. Plus, it's a nice project to tinker on whenever I feel like it. I've been working on mine off and on since March of 2007.

And before you ask, I haven't kept track of what it's cost me thus far. I have kept great records, so I could probably get a close estimate. I'm doing it for the fun of it, so I don't need to know the price.
Old 11-02-2009, 05:21 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by muteki
There is a guy in the non-lsx forum that is selling a Turbo V-6 from a Grand National for like $2500. There are both 3800 blocks...aside from wiring, computer box, and a tune, I think it would be an easier conversion than a V-8. Those motors are fast as h3ll too. That is what I was planning when I blew the motor in my V-6. Someone bought it before I found a motor though.
FWIW the OP has a 94 firebird which would be a 3.4
Old 11-02-2009, 06:00 PM
On The Tree

Ahh, I didn't read that....ack, I thought it was the same 3800 that I had in my 1998. My bad....although it would still make an awesome ride!
Old 11-02-2009, 08:14 PM
Banned

i really dnt c why tht guy who commented on my stuff has to hate.....i was there 4 the whole thing saw exactly everything that happened, and yes i did do some.... and i really dont care what i can sell the car for its not for some1 else its for me. hence why now i put a buitl tranny in it from finish line and got a procharger on it....but honestly u dnt need everything that everyone tells u u need.. look at that sheet i sent u on here and go from there.
Old 11-02-2009, 09:47 PM
11 Second Club

I'll sell you a complete running 94 Formula for $2000 check my for sale add. And if you still want to swap, go for it!
Old 11-02-2009, 10:57 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by mike mlodecki
i really dnt c why tht guy who commented on my stuff has to hate.....i was there 4 the whole thing saw exactly everything that happened, and yes i did do some.... and i really dont care what i can sell the car for its not for some1 else its for me. hence why now i put a buitl tranny in it from finish line and got a procharger on it....but honestly u dnt need everything that everyone tells u u need.. look at that sheet i sent u on here and go from there.
His car is a 94 and the fuel lines are different than yours. So don't listen to yourself. I have taken V6 cars that were water damaged and swapped LS1's from wrecks into them, and to make them just like GM did you will need to swap everything I listed. Of course you can modify the wire harness and fuel system and cut corners here and there, but to do it right will take an entire donor car. The whole point of this is to help the OP understand that it is not feasible nor cost effective to do this swap on his only mode of transportation. This is not a simple engine swap that can be completed in a week in your spare time.

How long did it take to complete your car start to finish?
Old 11-02-2009, 11:17 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 5.3LJimmy
His car is a 94 and the fuel lines are different than yours. So don't listen to yourself. I have taken V6 cars that were water damaged and swapped LS1's from wrecks into them, and to make them just like GM did you will need to swap everything I listed. Of course you can modify the wire harness and fuel system and cut corners here and there, but to do it right will take an entire donor car. The whole point of this is to help the OP understand that it is not feasible nor cost effective to do this swap on his only mode of transportation. This is not a simple engine swap that can be completed in a week in your spare time.

Thanks thats pretty much what I needed to know. If it was feasible, and total cost/time.
Old 11-03-2009, 08:16 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 5.3LJimmy

Glad to see someone else in here that knows what they are talking about.

Thanks thats pretty much what I needed to know. If it was feasible, and total cost/time.
Thats what i've been saying since the start of the thread
Old 11-03-2009, 11:20 AM
On The Tree

But you were a dick about it
Old 11-03-2009, 11:31 AM
TECH Fanatic

But you were a dick about it
because you are thick headed.

Quick Reply: Which engines will fit in a 94 firebird and with what modifications?