New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Already have ORY and want to get headers

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2011 | 03:27 AM
On The Tree

TSP 1 7/8 Longtubes FTW!

You should look into the true duals from them also....Not a bad price and a great sound or at least look to their ORY.
Old 01-18-2011 | 03:36 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Pacesetter LT's and ORY. Texas-Speed LT's and ORY. Both are relatively cheap, proven to fit well, and make good power.
Old 01-18-2011 | 01:33 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by GSus
Am I seeing things? Maybe the meds are kicking in, but you have cats...at least on the drivers side. Your Y is A/M, but not off-road.
Nope, they are there obviously lol Just punched through and left there to pass a visual Is what I'm guessing the guy did.

Originally Posted by 9WhiteCamaro9
Oh yeah, I would check that Fram Oil Filter. Make sure you didn't puncture the black grippy part since there is all that fluid on the trans and in that area. My dad used to believe in them things with a passion and I burnt him of them cause he had a oil wrench and on his jeep, he could only get it on the black grip part of the filter and long story short, he went through three before he got one on after he punctured the black part on the others.
Ok ill check that, havent even started to look at that just threw it up cause I saw it. I'll be looking at it closer.
Originally Posted by SuperSport01
Pacesetter LT's and ORY. Texas-Speed LT's and ORY. Both are relatively cheap, proven to fit well, and make good power.
Yeah I'm thinking about just scrapping all of it and doing lt ORY or duels or just chopping what I have now at the y.. Tsp is ftw for sure, I doubt I would get anything else if I do it right.

Anyone know what's going on with those o2s? Haven't found the sims I found receipts for either.. Maybe the guy pulled stuff off before he sold it to me?
Old 01-18-2011 | 03:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Ahhh... I see

hey, your new Y looks pretty decent. You could probably fab that around some long tubes.
Old 01-18-2011 | 04:35 PM
TECH Addict

Well it's been on the car since I bought it so not new but ya I was kinda wanting to just do that.. Dunno if I could though.. Are headers welded to y pipes? Can u clamp them?
Old 01-18-2011 | 06:20 PM
Launching!

Headers can be welded to y pipes, but no, they shouldnt be if you buy them new. You can clamp them as well to the y pipe. Some have ball and socket type fittings or flanges but most are slip fit..