New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

so i found out my ss is a z28. help?

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2010, 03:03 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

SOrting through all of the BS. Here's the definitive way to tell if you have a real SS, since your car oddly does not have a RPO sticker on EITHER Door correct? You can go to ANY GM parts counter at a dealership, give them your VIN and request an RPO code print out. You car according to those stickers should have RPO code WU8 which means "SS alteration package" AND Y2Y which means the car was sent to SLP for second sticker content.

IF YOU'RE CAR HAS NEITHER OF THESE, YOU HAVE BEEN DEFRAUDED BY THAT DEALERSHIP. The law won't give a **** if they told you it was an SS and it really is a Z28. The law and SLP will care than VINs have been swapped onto official "GM/SLP documents and information tags".

The number you called was SLP performance parts. They don't care or have time to answer these questions as their job is to sell parts. Call up there and ask to speak to a manager as you need to verify a VIN for one of there cars that you suspect a dealership franchise in California is faking numerous examples of their cars using fake "official looking" SLP paper work and door jamb content decals. That will get their attention.

Do this and report back before posting any more about this car.
Old 10-06-2010, 07:54 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,684 Likes on 1,206 Posts

The car is a real SS. Someone in this thread already ran the VIN through GM VIS, as you and others have suggested. That VIN has the WU8 code.

I'm locking this now, because the OP is well aware that he does in fact have an SS according to GM. Mission complete.

Quick Reply: so i found out my ss is a z28. help?