Sponsored by:

GM Service Question.. Warranty Related

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2004, 07:00 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default GM Service Question.. Warranty Related

Alright...

I bought my 2000Z in Dec. The Warranty expired at the end of December... I knew that the car had a few tranny issues, but for the price that I got it. I could have all of the work done under warranty and have a nice car for cheap.

Well, I told GM what the problem was with the tranny (locking me out of all gears after hard shifting) well.. they couldn't find anything wrong when they serviced it

Now the same problem is getting worse. Tranny locks me out and is starting to whine. Well all of the guys I talked to said it sounds like the synchros or going out.

Now the warranty is up .. and I'm gonna be out of $1200 for a rebuild. Since I had GM check the tranny and they pretended not to find anything wrong. Would it be possible to get this repaired under warranty even though my warranty has expired?

Sorry this was so long!!
Old 02-02-2004, 07:04 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

good luck
Old 02-02-2004, 07:06 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I would say that since you started complaining about it
during warranty coverage, their failure to find and fix it
then is no defense and they owe you warranty service.

Hey, it could work.
Old 02-02-2004, 07:23 PM
It's not mine! woo hoo!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by jimmyblue
I would say that since you started complaining about it
during warranty coverage, their failure to find and fix it
then is no defense and they owe you warranty service.

Hey, it could work.
Possibly try an attorney if that argument doesn't work.
Old 02-02-2004, 07:30 PM
TECH Addict

Thanks alot.. just talked to the service manager. They said bring it in... Since the first problem complaint is on record and they didn't fix it. If it's the same thing then it may be covered.

The complaint that I had at the time was alot of grinding in the tranny. Now the entire thing whines all the time and it's getting pretty annoying. All of the other F-Body guys I know all say synchros.. I didn't even know those things made noise.
Old 02-02-2004, 07:33 PM
It's not mine! woo hoo!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Z28Venom
Thanks alot.. just talked to the service manager. They said bring it in... Since the first problem complaint is on record and they didn't fix it. If it's the same thing then it may be covered.

The complaint that I had at the time was alot of grinding in the tranny. Now the entire thing whines all the time and it's getting pretty annoying. All of the other F-Body guys I know all say synchros.. I didn't even know those things made noise.
That's good to hear. Good luck with it. Definetly write a letter to the dealership if they fix the problem. That way every time you bring it back in, they'll be extra nice.
Old 02-02-2004, 08:27 PM
wrencher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Z28Venom

That's what I was gonna say if the problem was documented during the warranty period & not rectified they should take care of it.
Old 02-02-2004, 08:38 PM
TECH Addict

I'm hoping that they're gonna cover it.. Because if they do.. then I have $1200 for go fast mods....

I'm thinking headers and catback.... and I'm gonna move up from 2.73's to 3.73's.