Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TSP truw dual question

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2010, 06:04 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TSP truw dual question

with the pacesetter longtubes, do i still need a y pipe if i buy the tsp true dual exhaust? it looks like its part of it already
Old 12-22-2010, 06:06 PM
10 Second Club

Received 59 Likes on 27 Posts

No Tsp true duals delete the need of a y-pipe.
Old 12-23-2010, 02:13 AM
10 Second Club

^ Yep, pacesetters and TSP TD's are my exact setup. Just buy the headers and the TD's and that's all you need.
Old 12-23-2010, 07:14 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

im running that exact setup also. Pacesetter longtubes and a TSP true duals setup. Im running dynomax bullets dumped before the axle. and i absolutely love the sound. It is tolerable inside the cabin. it sounds very good. If you are trying to buy a new set of true duals i believe they are $425 from TSP and come with everything. But im sure you can find a used set in the classifieds.
Old 12-23-2010, 08:44 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I had true duals x pipe before, while I loved the way it rumbles, my gf hated it, so I changed mine to slp LM still too loud, now I have hooker catback and loved it, the tone is deep and not as obnoxiously loud as true duals, but if performance is your sole goal then go with TDs, its probably the best flowing exhaust there is beside H pipe
Old 12-23-2010, 09:22 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by raysadude
I had true duals x pipe before, while I loved the way it rumbles, my gf hated it, so I changed mine to slp LM still too loud, now I have hooker catback and loved it, the tone is deep and not as obnoxiously loud as true duals, but if performance is your sole goal then go with TDs, its probably the best flowing exhaust there is beside H pipe
+1.. I just switched from magnaflow to duals.. so much better. the throttle response is alot better. I had longtubes and LM1 as my first exhaust setup, and that thing is loud.. i think its louder than my duals setup.
Old 12-23-2010, 09:29 AM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The true dual setup is the complete exhaust. Goes all the way from the header to the mufflers. It will actually have turn downs after the muffler in front of the rearend housing. It uses an X-pipe setup rather than a y-pipe.

Jon
Old 12-23-2010, 09:46 AM
TECH Apprentice

Hey Jon I have had my set up for about 2 weeks and it is very deep like you said. It is probably a little louder that the Xr1s I had. But it is a great fit and does not scrape at all compared to my old setup. Thanks dude!