Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

minor car accident question

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2011, 01:23 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default minor car accident question

yesterday i rearended someone doing about 1-2 mph. the only damage that was done was a paint transfer notbad not bad, but this morning i noticed in the sunlight that my foglights arent resting where they should be in the housing on the front bumper they are rather hanging low, anybody know what this could be or where to start to fix the problem? i reached inside the housing to see if they where just free hanging(broke) but they arent they are still incredibly strong/tight any help would be appreciated
Old 01-07-2011, 02:22 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is it a TA? i would remove the bumper carefully and check for bent/broken clips etc
did the paint spiderweb/come off?
Old 01-07-2011, 02:57 PM
Staging Lane

Thats the reason why i parked my car away from others because most people dont give a **** unless its there's.last winter one day i found out some idiot squeezed in front of me and between another car.It was a a ifinite truck with a damn hitched.i wanted to wait until he came back out just to asked him why he had to do that.i dont see how he squeezed in a didnt hit my bumper with his hitch.not only dat but some old people do judged right one lady with a saturn when i use to do carts one time hit the car in back then hit the car in front and just drove away coming out of a parking spot.i seen here drive,i understand she's old but that doesnt mean she has to hit cars.i dont care if its a tap or a bang thats redicules.to me around the island parking dat close like bumpers inches apart is like being disrepectful.
Old 01-07-2011, 03:42 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by NDFORSPD
Is it a TA? i would remove the bumper carefully and check for bent/broken clips etc
did the paint spiderweb/come off?
the paint rite now is just whiteish looking and will eventually spiderweb and crack im going to get that fixed soon, however the foglight issue is annoying me, the foglight is still really sterdy if i reach in and try to move i cant, however its hanging like 2 inchs down so there is half a fog light and the rest is a gap inside my housing
Old 01-07-2011, 07:06 PM
Banned

Received 53 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by mattn
thats the reason why i parked my car away from others because most people dont give a **** unless its there's.last winter one day i found out some idiot squeezed in front of me and between another car.it was a a ifinite truck with a damn hitched.i wanted to wait until he came back out just to asked him why he had to do that.i dont see how he squeezed in a didnt hit my bumper with his hitch.not only dat but some old people do judged right one lady with a saturn when i use to do carts one time hit the car in back then hit the car in front and just drove away coming out of a parking spot.i seen here drive,i understand she's old but that doesnt mean she has to hit cars.i dont care if its a tap or a bang thats redicules.to me around the island parking dat close like bumpers inches apart is like being disrepectful.
man dat sucks. An infinite truck prolly was smaller when it sqooze in an grew since it was infinate. Dat wut it iz.
Old 01-07-2011, 08:44 PM
Staging Lane

Default In Search Of The LS1 Veterans

minor car accident question-11111.jpg So this is my problem, i ran into a car last night because of the lady slamming on her brakes, granite, it was a 1-2mph collision with only paint transfer damage(from what i seen) anyways, today i woke up went outside into the bright sun only to notice my foglights are hanging incredibly low, i did my best to show you in the above picture what im talking about, anybody have any idea why this is? my car wasent dented at all just a little paint scuff.
Old 01-07-2011, 10:20 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,707 Likes on 1,223 Posts

I have merged your two threads, there is no need to open two topics for the same exact question. FYI, you can just attach a pic to a current thread without starting a new one.

Thanks.
Old 01-07-2011, 10:25 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by RPM WS6
I have merged your two threads, there is no need to open two topics for the same exact question. FYI, you can just attach a pic to a current thread without starting a new one.

Thanks.
tanks rpm and i know your very knowledgable with these cars.. any way u could give some input on this?
Old 01-07-2011, 10:49 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Originally Posted by torqls1
tanks rpm and i know your very knowledgable with these cars.. any way u could give some input on this?
Well, I agree with NDFORSPD's post; if it were my car I'd look behind the bumper cover for bent mounting points or hidden impact damage pushing something out of place.

Considering this happened right after an accident, I'm sure it has something to do with the impact. Might be that the bumper cover is pushed up, rather than the fog lights being pushed down. Just a thought, hard to tell without seeing it in person.
Old 01-07-2011, 10:56 PM
Staging Lane

Well, I agree with NDFORSPD's post; if it were my car I'd look behind the bumper cover for bent mounting points or hidden impact damage pushing something out of place.

Considering this happened right after an accident, I'm sure it has something to do with the impact. Might be that the bumper cover is pushed up, rather than the fog lights being pushed down. Just a thought, hard to tell without seeing it in person.
well i just got under the car and pulled the plastic rivets out so i could look inside of the bumper and everything looks good... the foglights are mouted nice and strong no bends from what i see. i also see foam in there which appears to not be smashed or damanged in anyway. also looking at my car the bumper seems to be in proper place becuz its aligning properly with the rest of the car/headlights everything looks good.. it has me stumped
Old 01-07-2011, 11:00 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by torqls1
well i just got under the car and pulled the plastic rivets out so i could look inside of the bumper and everything looks good... the foglights are mouted nice and strong no bends from what i see. i also see foam in there which appears to not be smashed or damanged in anyway. also looking at my car the bumper seems to be in proper place becuz its aligning properly with the rest of the car/headlights everything looks good.. it has me stumped
and if my bumper cover was pushed up wouldnt it not align properly with the rest of my cars body? like where it meets the hood and fender panels?
Old 01-07-2011, 11:08 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Maybe the foglights just got pushed out of alignment due to bumper flex/contact during the impact.

Have you tried to re-adjust them yet?
Old 01-07-2011, 11:34 PM
Staging Lane

Maybe the foglights just got pushed out of alignment due to bumper flex/contact during the impact.

meaning take the 2 bolts connecting them to the metal bar? and just re putting them on?
Old 01-08-2011, 08:03 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My thoughts also cause if you can't move anything or if anything dosen't fell broke, then something had to have bent somewhere in the mix of the accident.
Old 01-09-2011, 01:03 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 9WhiteCamaro9
My thoughts also cause if you can't move anything or if anything dosen't fell broke, then something had to have bent somewhere in the mix of the accident.
i appreciate you guys replying but i seriously cant find the problem anywhere. my bumper alligns properly with the entire body and the foam pad that sits behind the bumper cover is still fresh and un smashed, all brackets and metal bars look completly straight and bolts are tight on everything...
Old 01-09-2011, 04:14 AM
LS1Tech Administrator

Well, obviously if the lights have moved (or, effectively appear in a different position/location than before) since the accident, then something was either jarred or damaged. It's just a matter of taking things apart until you figure out what isn't right.

I would focus on the lights themselves, the adjustment points and mounting brackets/hardware. I know you've already checked this, but if the bumper lines up properly with the body, then it's most likely a foglight issue.

Quick Reply: minor car accident question