Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Jus got my cherry ls1 popped!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2011, 07:39 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SOMbitch
I know, nobody I know runs Zex and not many on here either so that should say something. You obviously have some sick stuff so I would like to see you post up some vids.....especially the Hawk

Edit: Supra modded??
maybe haha but I am gonna be at 2k11 this year if your going. I will be bringing a few cars there.

Last edited by TooMuchMoney; 01-11-2011 at 08:03 PM.
Old 01-11-2011, 07:57 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

At the risk of sounding like a DA 2k11? LSx shootout at Indy? I am gonna try to bring my weakshit there but it is up to my boss and GF schedule....

Edit: Sorry to the OP for the jack....
Old 01-11-2011, 08:03 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by SOMbitch
At the risk of sounding like a DA 2k11? LSx shootout at Indy? I am gonna try to bring my weakshit there but it is up to my boss and GF schedule....

Edit: Sorry to the OP for the jack....
No at Tx2k11 the big supra meet.
Old 01-11-2011, 08:42 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Gotcha... I respect the 2JZ stuff but don't really follow it since I don't have a toy in that game....Very impressive 6's though.... Being from North Carolina my next trip to Texas will be with some buds to hunt hogs & varmints in late February or March.....
Old 01-11-2011, 09:38 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

like Sombitch said get a custom cam for NOS and maybe bigger injectors.make sure you fuel system can fuel everything and some.
Old 01-11-2011, 10:04 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by BIGBUMPER
take u a ****** tylenol then!!! Maybe if reading makes your head hurt then u should have your mom read it to you.
i returned the insult thats all. If it was to much he couldve have stopped reading as soon as he was confused and exited the thread.

I kno that there is kno way of knowing without takeing the engine apart and dont expect anyone to kno unless they were possibly an owner/builder of car but i was askin if the specs i listed were capable of a 250+hp nitrous hit. As i stated it has forged crank, rods, and lunati nitrous pistons(11.1 comp). Im tryin to find the original builder but it went thru 2 trades b4 i got it. The car has very few miles on it since build.

Sorry for confusion i am a newb to ls1 but not to racing. I mean no disrespect and at the same time dont like to be disrepected.
If I wanted to direspect you would have called you a hillbilly ************ or maybe said something about your mother. What I said wasnt disrespectful it was truth.

Try and keep your panties out of a bunch and lighten up a little dawg.
Old 01-11-2011, 10:18 PM

Originally Posted by ccxxxxxxx
if i wanted to direspect you would have called you a hillbilly ************ or maybe said something about your mother. What i said wasnt disrespectful it was truth.

Try and keep your panties out of a bunch and lighten up a little dawg.
whatever man u couldve left the thread as soon as u felt confused u didnt have to be a smartass but keep up your typing name calling cuz thats what people like u do behind a computer. Where are u from and what kind of cars do u have anyhow? Do you have any knowledgable info if not i would appreciate if u would leave ur comments to yourself.

Thanx josh
Old 01-11-2011, 10:30 PM

Originally Posted by sombitch
that would be correct so it is an ls1 block.

Imo for 250+ you really need to make sure the bottomend is built with the right n2o specific parts and tolerances, ring gaps etc...

Almost all the aftermarket heads have thicker decks. You can't go wrong with trick flow, afr, mast/pi and a there are others like all pro that are a strictly race heads... I imagine the block is studded and with arp fasteners...

I don't spec cams but a wider lsa and a little more split is what i usually see in a n2o cam....

Looks like the car has great potential and you should enjoy it.

Does it have a wideband??
ok ive been trackin down previous owners. This car has been a racingjunk trade peice, has been traded 3 times in the last 4 months. I tracked down the guy who bought it from the actual guy that built it and have found out its not a 427 but a 383. It does have a eagle crank, eagle hbeams, and lunati nitrous pistons. I hope to find the builder for more info becuz in between the trading the cam specs couldve got twisted to. I know your probly gona laugh but what is a wideband? I appreciate the help sombitch.
Old 01-11-2011, 10:34 PM

Originally Posted by garygnu
i believe the circle means it is a ls1 block .check the casting numbers on the back of the block ,by the bell housing .the darton kit block should handle 800 hp.sounds like a radical engine.if you need more power consider a afr or tfs, or a prc 227 cnc head.good luck and have fun.

ok what are the baddest heads on th market for a big inch(400+in) ls.

Thanx josh
Old 01-11-2011, 10:37 PM

Originally Posted by toomuchmoney
haha i'm sorry just thought it was funny, you got a problem with that? (not coming off as a dick) but i will say this i would never do a zex kit personally.
ok man what n20 kit would you recomend to use.
Old 01-11-2011, 10:43 PM

Originally Posted by garygnu
like sombitch said get a custom cam for nos and maybe bigger injectors.make sure you fuel system can fuel everything and some.
it has an a1000 pump. What kind of injector would support 800hp(of course thats with nitrous in the equation) and still be streetable. Also does anyone kno a good tuner around ky?
Old 01-11-2011, 11:26 PM
Banned

ok man what n20 kit would you recomend to use.
I would go with Nitro Dave's or Harris Speed Works. Both are sponsors on here and both have a great product line-up and have awesome customer service. They will be the best to answer all your questions for you needs.

Links to the site listed above:

http://www.nitrousoutlet.com/

http://www.harrisspeedworks.com/home.php
Old 01-11-2011, 11:49 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by TooMuchMoney
LOL @ this thread.

X 2. you're not the only one.
Old 01-12-2011, 12:42 AM

Originally Posted by toomuchmoney
i would go with nitro dave's or harris speed works. Both are sponsors on here and both have a great product line-up and have awesome customer service. They will be the best to answer all your questions for you needs.

Links to the site listed above:

http://www.nitrousoutlet.com/

http://www.harrisspeedworks.com/home.php
thanx
Old 01-12-2011, 12:43 AM

Originally Posted by fordhater
x 2. You're not the only one.
atleast u gotta laugh
Old 01-12-2011, 03:14 PM
On The Tree

I have the zex kit on my ls1 now and i am not having a single problem with it! If it was goin to be stupid like everybody else on here has said, zex wouldnt have spent the hours designing it or putting it on the shelves to sell. ZEX KIT WORKS JUST FINE FOR ALL U KNOW IT ALLS !
Old 01-12-2011, 03:28 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 99ls1zam
I have the zex kit on my ls1 now and i am not having a single problem with it! If it was goin to be stupid like everybody else on here has said, zex wouldnt have spent the hours designing it or putting it on the shelves to sell. ZEX KIT WORKS JUST FINE FOR ALL U KNOW IT ALLS !
LOL I know it works if it didn't they would be out of business and some like it but the thought of it doing EVERYTHING for me is still kinda scary there are a lot more things to consider when using Nitrous than what that computer knows and I have seen a few guys pop there cars on a 100 shot b/c the computer failed them b/c it leaned out too much and the solenoids are shitty as well. And the kit is not designed to go past a 150 shot and I think the OP is looking for a 150 at the minimum.

Last edited by TooMuchMoney; 01-12-2011 at 03:39 PM.
Old 01-12-2011, 03:42 PM
TECH Regular

Welcome to the site.Deff. the place you need to go to get help on your LSX car.I would find out the exact specs on the cam and anything else possible.Its a big cam for a nitrous car.When going to the track start with 150 shot with the car hooked up to a computer and work your way up to what you feel comfortable with.
Old 01-12-2011, 03:54 PM

Originally Posted by millertime85
welcome to the site.deff. The place you need to go to get help on your lsx car.i would find out the exact specs on the cam and anything else possible.its a big cam for a nitrous car.when going to the track start with 150 shot with the car hooked up to a computer and work your way up to what you feel comfortable with.
thanx man. Yea i figured i would start with a 150. Im gona pull the turbo out of my nova and put in the ta so i can leave off a trans brake which should definatly pick the cars 60ft up. The way it sounds im gona need to put a better head with a thicker deck if i wanna spray it 200hp+. So i will probly check into a cam and head setup and would love to see a 5.80 et on a 26x8.5 tire. We will see i guess
Old 01-12-2011, 03:58 PM

Originally Posted by TooMuchMoney
LOL I know it works if it didn't they would be out of business and some like it but the thought of it doing EVERYTHING for me is still kinda scary there are a lot more things to consider when using Nitrous than what that computer knows and I have seen a few guys pop there cars on a 100 shot b/c the computer failed them b/c it leaned out too much and the solenoids are shitty as well. And the kit is not designed to go past a 150 shot and I think the OP is looking for a 150 at the minimum.
DAMN IT TAKES SUM SERIOUS FUBAR TO POP ONE ON A 100 SHOT. AND IF YOU TALK TO MONTE SMITH U CANT BLOW ONE UP FROM A LEAN TUNE HAHAHA