New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help, need cheap mods!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2011, 12:03 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Next, you might as well do the SLP lid, bellows, ported TB (Cheap mod), and LS6 intake. But, wait for good deals in the "parts classifieds" on here. I think you can do all of this for around another $500 if you are patient - members are upgrading all the time. These mods are easy to install and complement the long tubes nicely.
Old 04-27-2011, 06:24 PM
12 Second Club

-lt's
-lid
-ported TB
-weight reduction depending on driving style (rear seat delete, front and rear bumper support delete, door bar delete, etc etc)
-EGR/AIR delte
-ls6 intake
-stall for a4
-light wheel/sticky tire combo
-subframe connectors
Old 04-27-2011, 08:58 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by NewLS1Owner
If your gonna spend the money, you wanna do it right. I'd get long tubes.
I have to agree. I dont have the money for my longtubes atm.... so I am saving it until I have enough to buy my ARH Race styles. Yeah, they are $900, but you get what you pay for when it comes to headers. I dont want to have to deal with fitment issues/leaks/rust.

Plus, I have seen too many of my friends go the cheap route, and they have all ended up swapping parts for other parts to see which they like better... and by the time its all said and done they end up having just as much money tied up in it as they would have if they'd have just bought good parts to begin with.
Old 04-27-2011, 09:09 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by AwsmGy
I went the cheapest route I could take and and very happy with my setup. I run...

Chrome BBK LT's/ORY (sold as a set, includes gaskets for the headers) - $370 shipped
Hooker Aerochamber - $90
O2 extensions - $20

The only thing I didn't do myself was weld the the muffler on which cost me like another $40 for welding and some custom bent pipes to reach the rear.

So for like $500 total you can get a badass exhaust system if you do the work.
Where did you buy your BBK headers/ORY?
Old 04-27-2011, 10:14 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Iwannagofast!
I have to agree. I dont have the money for my longtubes atm.... so I am saving it until I have enough to buy my ARH Race styles. Yeah, they are $900, but you get what you pay for when it comes to headers. I dont want to have to deal with fitment issues/leaks/rust.

Plus, I have seen too many of my friends go the cheap route, and they have all ended up swapping parts for other parts to see which they like better... and by the time its all said and done they end up having just as much money tied up in it as they would have if they'd have just bought good parts to begin with.
^This.

Quick Reply: Help, need cheap mods!!