Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Finally!!! A Cam Im Happy with... SOUND CLIP, NOW AVAILABLE!!! 7-17-11

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2011, 06:24 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by LASTOFTHEBREED02T/A
Dang!!! You keep getting more and more technical on me... Better yet, i dont want to spend cash innecessarily, so once i get the stall installed, i will contact you to help me out in my next step. Nitrous will be done at the very last. Frankly, im a lil affraid of it.
Lol, you haven't even begun yet!

Next step after a stall is getting your exhaust to where it should be.. You have a ton of different options when It comes to that as well. So you have more decisions to make.

You are afraid because you are ignorant about it. NOTICE I didn't say stupid. I am not being mean when I say that.
If you were Informed on It and knew how It worked along with the safety precautions you would be just as much worried about a cam or converter swap than you are about adding nitrous to your setup.
I will say EVERYTHING fast and furious shows you is false and completely blown out of proportion. Most people you talk to learned what they know about nitrous from those movies I think! Haha

Jump over to the nitrous section and read the stickys at the top of the page.. After that just browse the first 3-4 pages reading any threads you think might contain some decent Info. Spend some time in that section and It will put you at ease.

You ever heard someone while talking about guns say the only people that are scared of them dont know anything about them or how to use one.. Same principal.
Old 06-10-2011, 06:32 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by lemons12
Lol, you haven't even begun yet!

Next step after a stall is getting your exhaust to where it should be.. You have a ton of different options when It comes to that as well. So you have more decisions to make.

You are afraid because you are ignorant about it. NOTICE I didn't say stupid. I am not being mean when I say that.
If you were Informed on It and knew how It worked along with the safety precautions you would be just as much worried about a cam or converter swap than you are about adding nitrous to your setup.
I will say EVERYTHING fast and furious shows you is false and completely blown out of proportion. Most people you talk to learned what they know about nitrous from those movies I think! Haha

Jump over to the nitrous section and read the stickys at the top of the page.. After that just browse the first 3-4 pages reading any threads you think might contain some decent Info. Spend some time in that section and It will put you at ease.

You ever heard someone while talking about guns say the only people that are scared of them dont know anything about them or how to use one.. Same principal.

Yeah ur right, Ppl are always affraid of the unknown... I just dont want to take the chance on ruining my engine after all the mods done. Ill be sure to read threads on nitrous, and put myself at ease... In the mean while. Im still hoping to be in the MID 12's!!! lol. Thanks again.
Old 06-10-2011, 06:34 PM
10 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I want to say bravo to the guys in this section for helping this guy out, and for this guy trusting the members to help him get what he needs.

That cam is perfect for the mods you have, mainly the stock motor. I have a stock bottom end in my ride, and I am running a cam similar to yours just a reverse grind with more intake duration and a 114 LSA.

Lemons is right, once you get some 1 3/4" or even 1 7/8"*gasp* headers on there, you will hit your 380rwhp mark on the button, along with a matching Y-pipe and maybe(notice maybe) different muffler. Check out the for sale section on here as you will find everything you need for half the price of a new part that has been slightly used. Just do your research on the seller's previous posts.

It sounds like you have great plans for your car, but also Lemons and the others are correct you won't really notice the gains until you get that converter. Once you do that your car will come alive and won't be a boring auto anymore!

Stall, Headers, Y-pipe, & then Nitrous and a Tune would be my next mods, followed by LCA's, Adj. PHB and SFC's. Boy oh boy just wait till the mod bug really bites you!
Old 06-10-2011, 06:34 PM
TECH Senior Member

That converter and exhaust should get you an 11 second pass.

If the motor rear or trans is going to blow its going to blow. Adding a cam converter gears nitrous or a turbo is just going to speed up the process.

It is part of modding.
Old 06-10-2011, 07:08 PM
11 Second Club

That converter and exhaust should get you an 11 second pass.

If the motor rear or trans is going to blow its going to blow. Adding a cam converter gears nitrous or a turbo is just going to speed up the process.

It is part of modding.

WTF!? Are you serious?... In that case, what should i set a budget out for? Deff dnt want to have a T/A Limping in the near future.

Originally Posted by Fbodyjunkie06
I want to say bravo to the guys in this section for helping this guy out, and for this guy trusting the members to help him get what he needs.

That cam is perfect for the mods you have, mainly the stock motor. I have a stock bottom end in my ride, and I am running a cam similar to yours just a reverse grind with more intake duration and a 114 LSA.

Lemons is right, once you get some 1 3/4" or even 1 7/8"*gasp* headers on there, you will hit your 380rwhp mark on the button, along with a matching Y-pipe and maybe(notice maybe) different muffler. Check out the for sale section on here as you will find everything you need for half the price of a new part that has been slightly used. Just do your research on the seller's previous posts.

It sounds like you have great plans for your car, but also Lemons and the others are correct you won't really notice the gains until you get that converter. Once you do that your car will come alive and won't be a boring auto anymore!

Stall, Headers, Y-pipe, & then Nitrous and a Tune would be my next mods, followed by LCA's, Adj. PHB and SFC's. Boy oh boy just wait till the mod bug really bites you!

I agree!... Just a newbie trying to have fun.
Old 06-10-2011, 07:16 PM
TECH Senior Member

WTF!? Are you serious?... In that case, what should i set a budget out for? Deff dnt want to have a T/A Limping in the near future.
Lol don't get ahead of yourself.

There are people running 9s in the 1/4 on a stock bottom end. That is alp in the tune.
There are more than enough people cutting 1.4x sixty foot times on the stock rear.
Plenty of people make 500rwhp on stock trans.

You have pretty much endless options on that if something goes.
You can spend anywhere from 500-6000$ on a new short block.
Rear end can range from 200-4000$.
Trans can range from 350-3500$.

All depends on if you want to replace a stock part that broke with a stock part or upgrade. Some people will replace a rear or trans with stock to drive the car until they have the money to get a built unit. Bit more difficult with a motor but people do it. just know you are on borrowed time and don't beat on it after you replace it with stock pieces.
Old 06-10-2011, 07:57 PM
11 Second Club

Talking

Lol don't get ahead of yourself.

There are people running 9s in the 1/4 on a stock bottom end. That is alp in the tune.
There are more than enough people cutting 1.4x sixty foot times on the stock rear.
Plenty of people make 500rwhp on stock trans.

You have pretty much endless options on that if something goes.
You can spend anywhere from 500-6000$ on a new short block.
Rear end can range from 200-4000$.
Trans can range from 350-3500$.

All depends on if you want to replace a stock part that broke with a stock part or upgrade. Some people will replace a rear or trans with stock to drive the car until they have the money to get a built unit. Bit more difficult with a motor but people do it. just know you are on borrowed time and don't beat on it after you replace it with stock pieces.

Like i said... Go easy on a newbie! Short block? Bottom end? Price range on upgrades? Its like speaking french to me. If something breaks in my car that requires major repairs without affecting my mods, i would like to see them go atleast 2 yrs before that. Not too crazy on spending more on anything but the basics to get me there. Remember!I started buying and modding my T/A less than 4mnts ago. I think thats alot done in a short time... Right? Remember paint is also included even though its just for looks...
Old 06-10-2011, 08:38 PM
TECH Senior Member

Like i said... Go easy on a newbie! Short block? Bottom end? Price range on upgrades? Its like speaking french to me. If something breaks in my car that requires major repairs without affecting my mods, i would like to see them go atleast 2 yrs before that. Not too crazy on spending more on anything but the basics to get me there. Remember!I started buying and modding my T/A less than 4mnts ago. I think thats alot done in a short time... Right? Remember paint is also included even though its just for looks...
Not going to touch on paint because that is not really a mod.

As for performance mods, to the average person you blew a TON on a lot of ****. But you have to remember, a FAST 102 intake/tb setup will run you around 1500$+retune to pick up around 10-25rwhp max. Therefore they would look at your mods as pocket change In a sense. Lol
I am proud of you for biting the puppet and modding, you aren't just talking about it like most do. When you drive it with the cam and converter you will be happy for about two months then you will want to go faster... And it starts all over! It's an endless money pit but well worth! Haha

Short block... the bottom end.. excludes heads intake etc..
Long block.. bottom and top end including heads intake etc..
Drop out.. everything. Complete motor sensors injectors rails etc.
We will discuss that when time comes. Hopefully like you said you have a long way to go before that. With a good tune your motor should last for a long long time.. rear will go, whether It be the third pass or the 100th pass who knows. Trans will hold for a while, same as rear however, no telling how long it could last. With cars you have to remember. Something could go on the first key turn with a new cam or cruising at 30 mph with 3/4 throttle and rear and trans break. OR!! It all could last 10 years and 400 track passes. Just know the next tike you start your car stock or modded something may go the next time you take It to put to the grocery store with your 5 year old in the passenger seat. Just have a good time with it and be prepared for if that time comes.. browse around classifieds and the vendors and see what built and stock used trans and rears sell for as well as stock used and fully forged bottom ends go for. About as prepared as you will get.

*phone, hope all that made sense.. I didn't proof read
Old 06-11-2011, 12:16 PM
Teching In

hey lemon what cam are you running?
Old 06-11-2011, 01:21 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by 92rspowerdbyvortec
hey lemon what cam are you running?
226/228 .588 114
Old 06-14-2011, 07:56 PM
11 Second Club

Not going to touch on paint because that is not really a mod.

As for performance mods, to the average person you blew a TON on a lot of ****. But you have to remember, a FAST 102 intake/tb setup will run you around 1500$+retune to pick up around 10-25rwhp max. Therefore they would look at your mods as pocket change In a sense. Lol
I am proud of you for biting the puppet and modding, you aren't just talking about it like most do. When you drive it with the cam and converter you will be happy for about two months then you will want to go faster... And it starts all over! It's an endless money pit but well worth! Haha

Short block... the bottom end.. excludes heads intake etc..
Long block.. bottom and top end including heads intake etc..
Drop out.. everything. Complete motor sensors injectors rails etc.
We will discuss that when time comes. Hopefully like you said you have a long way to go before that. With a good tune your motor should last for a long long time.. rear will go, whether It be the third pass or the 100th pass who knows. Trans will hold for a while, same as rear however, no telling how long it could last. With cars you have to remember. Something could go on the first key turn with a new cam or cruising at 30 mph with 3/4 throttle and rear and trans break. OR!! It all could last 10 years and 400 track passes. Just know the next tike you start your car stock or modded something may go the next time you take It to put to the grocery store with your 5 year old in the passenger seat. Just have a good time with it and be prepared for if that time comes.. browse around classifieds and the vendors and see what built and stock used trans and rears sell for as well as stock used and fully forged bottom ends go for. About as prepared as you will get.

*phone, hope all that made sense.. I didn't proof read

Thanks for the MOD props. And yes i understand alot better now, feel i can talk at a relevant level with the guys at the track. lol

It's Deff a money pit, my GF is pissed because i spend more time and money on the car than her.

On the rear end stuff, are we talking gears? Or bigger axles etc? I might as well start looking into that. Oh, and i still need some links or info about that safe 100-150 shot we talked about.

FAST/TB... What is that? Dont mean to sound stupid, but im honestly just learining.
Old 06-14-2011, 08:07 PM
TECH Apprentice

FAST is a company they sell intakes, injectors, throttle bodies and such. TB stands for throttle body.

And my opinion on the rear end topic is I dont plan on doing anything to my stock 10 bolt Im gonna run it till shells out on me then Ill upgrade to a 12 bolt, but thats just how I plan to do it.

Nitrous: Ive been looking into a wet 100 shot plate. Nitrous Outlet is a sponsor on here and seem to have a very good reputation and quality products. I havent called and talked to them about my setup yet, but will be enlisting there advice when its time for me to buy mine
Old 06-17-2011, 09:53 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by shorty(98TA)
FAST is a company they sell intakes, injectors, throttle bodies and such. TB stands for throttle body.

And my opinion on the rear end topic is I dont plan on doing anything to my stock 10 bolt Im gonna run it till shells out on me then Ill upgrade to a 12 bolt, but thats just how I plan to do it.

Nitrous: Ive been looking into a wet 100 shot plate. Nitrous Outlet is a sponsor on here and seem to have a very good reputation and quality products. I havent called and talked to them about my setup yet, but will be enlisting there advice when its time for me to buy mine

So will an rear end upgrade be worth the cost/results over my stock one? Also, will the fast intake and tb make a difference? If so, what can i Expect?... Thx.
Old 06-17-2011, 10:38 PM
TECH Senior Member

I'll clear up the last two post as well as respond to the pm tomorrow man.. Got date with the woman right now! Haha
Old 06-17-2011, 10:47 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

a fast combo can add 15rwhp.start going to the rear end section of this forum and read up on rear end upgrades.I have read about 10 bolts running low 11.xx.maybe you can find a used heavy duty rear end (9"/12 bolt)in the used parts section.change you trans fluid and install a good trans cooler.
Old 06-17-2011, 10:58 PM
11 Second Club

I'll clear up the last two post as well as respond to the pm tomorrow man.. Got date with the woman right now! Haha

Aww no wonder i saw you offline for once!!!... Ok cool bro, thx for responding. All the performance parts have been installed. tomorrow they slide the engine back in with trans and start the paint and body work.

It's been a long time coming, but so happy its falling through.

Laterz...
Old 06-17-2011, 11:30 PM
TECH Senior Member

next thread ,my rear end is making noise.
Old 06-18-2011, 12:18 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by garygnu
next thread ,my rear end is making noise.
Hey!!! What do u mean by that? Think im gona blow my rear end with these Mods? If so what do you u, or anyone here recommends?...
Old 06-18-2011, 12:22 AM
TECH Senior Member

check the rear end section,and the used parts section.
Old 06-18-2011, 12:50 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by garygnu
check the rear end section,and the used parts section.

Okaaay?!... But why? You think Im going to have problems with the rear end, having these Mods Done?

Others Input Very much Welcome...

Thx.

Wednsday guys!!!!
Thats the day I was told my car will be started for the first time after all mods in sig have gotten installed. Im super excited! Sound clip will be sent to me. Ill post..

Quick Reply: Finally!!! A Cam Im Happy with... SOUND CLIP, NOW AVAILABLE!!! 7-17-11