Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Finally!!! A Cam Im Happy with... SOUND CLIP, NOW AVAILABLE!!! 7-17-11

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2011, 06:39 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Finally!!! A Cam Im Happy with... SOUND CLIP, NOW AVAILABLE!!! 7-17-11

So after intense brain storming over the weekend and with the help of many of you guys.
I came to the decision of going with 224/224 .581/.581 114LSA .050 CAM.
John at Texas Speed said this cam will do great with my set up, and once i get the Stall put in, a huge diffence will be notice on the 1/4 mile and specially the 60ft.
Im thinking of going with a 3600 Stall, and chill on the mods for a while... This is fun, but man its expensive!!!

Last edited by LASTOFTHEBREED02T/A; 07-17-2011 at 05:42 PM.
Old 05-31-2011, 06:42 PM
TECH Junkie

I had a 224/224 .581/.581 112lsa in my old 99 Formula and loved it. It is a great, proven, smaller cam that you will have excellent driving manners with, and still make good power.
Old 05-31-2011, 06:52 PM
Teching In

I have a cam thread opened myself, lol. Good luck with everything and please post up a vid and new dyno numbers of it when its done, I would love to hear it.
Old 05-31-2011, 07:15 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by echoman
I have a cam thread opened myself, lol. Good luck with everything and please post up a vid and new dyno numbers of it when its done, I would love to hear it.

Most definetly!!!
I cant wait for it all to come together... Im sure it'll be worth it.
Old 05-31-2011, 08:27 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I had that cam for a while I loved it. made 400/400 on a 6 spd car.

Choppers on here in the Florida section is sell a TR224 on a 112 has 1k miles on it. you maybe interested in it.
Old 05-31-2011, 08:53 PM
TECH Resident

I got one for sale.
Old 06-01-2011, 07:09 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Looks like you made a good choice. I have that cam in my car and I LOVE it. Its a proven cam to make power all over the powerband and I made 407/402 in a 6spd. Great street manners and a noticeable idle but nothing crazy. Good luck with your build.
Old 06-01-2011, 07:49 AM
TECH Apprentice

anybody know what the 116LSA sounds like?
Old 06-01-2011, 05:46 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 608kZ28
anybody know what the 116LSA sounds like?
Stock/Stealthy... I learned that from the guys here. lol

Originally Posted by Choppers
I got one for sale.

What where you asking for it? Why are you selling?
Old 06-01-2011, 05:52 PM
TECH Senior Member

Good decision.. What supporting mods did you buy? Springs prush rods chain etc etc.

You need a converter before the cam goes in if you want to enjoy the car.
Good choice on size, what brand?
Old 06-01-2011, 06:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

good choice on the cam..

for the how you want to use the car, you will enjoy it...

if down the road you need more hp - spray or forced induction will play nice with your setup.
Old 06-01-2011, 06:12 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Thumbs up

a cam with a good tune really makes these cars respond. a stall is a must. then heads.
Old 06-01-2011, 06:16 PM
TECH Senior Member

Bane is right, that cam will love spray.

I saw you got everything needed to do it right.
If you know... How much extra did you spend over your initial purchase of everything? Just wondering the difference of doing it right and summits way.

Who is going to tune the car?
Old 06-01-2011, 06:41 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by LASTOFTHEBREED02T/A
Stock/Stealthy... I learned that from the guys here. lol
thats what i thought.

anybody have sound clips of said cam with the different LSA?
Old 06-03-2011, 04:28 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 608kZ28
thats what i thought.

anybody have sound clips of said cam with the different LSA?

Yeah!
Go to youtube and enter the cam specs. I found one vid with the exact cam im gettn installed, and it sounds Soooo Good!!!

Im heading out tonight guys!
Going to deliver my 224r 114lsa texas speed cam, springs, push rods, ls6 oil pump, ls2 timmng chain, gaskets from intake all the way down to oil pan. My car will be done, paint and all at the end of this month.
Im so ready to review the Hp gain/acceleration. Im hoping to see 380Hp At the rear wheels. Immediate mods, once on hand. Will be a PTC 3600 stall with trans cooler, Dynotune, and 100-150 safe shot of nitrous. See all mods in sig...

What's your opinion/guesstimate on results? Test your knowledge, Will have dyno vids and 1/4 mile soon...

Wish me luck... shoping for et and or slicks as of right now, to be able to appreciate where my investment went too.
Old 06-10-2011, 05:28 PM
TECH Senior Member

Im heading out tonight guys!
Going to deliver my 224r 114lsa texas speed cam, springs, push rods, ls6 oil pump, ls2 timmng chain, gaskets from intake all the way down to oil pan. My car will be done, paint and all at the end of this month.
Im so ready to review the Hp gain/acceleration. Im hoping to see 380Hp At the rear wheels. Immediate mods, once on hand. Will be a PTC 3600 stall with trans cooler, Dynotune, and 100-150 safe shot of nitrous. See all mods in sig...

What's your opinion/guesstimate on results? Test your knowledge, Will have dyno vids and 1/4 mile soon...
The stock tq converter and gears will help your HP numbers on the dyno.. However that exhaust is restrictive. I'm going to guess around 355-365rwhp and about the same for tq.
Move to the exhaust we discussed and hit extremely close to your 380rwhp mark, or on it. I wouldn't have your heart set too much on 380, that's a pretty nice number for an auto.. I don't think it too far fetched but maybe 15-20rwhp high for your current mods. Just don't be heart broke if It doesn't hit that... Keep in mind one you open up your exhaust there will be even more gains than a normal car, there is plenty left in your setup regardless of what you Dyno!!

Track times etc won't be much to brag about... Until you get that converter! Perfect choice on the coverter, you will no be disappointed.
Remember autos shine at the track, not the dyno..
Wish me luck... shoping for et and or slicks as of right now, to be able to appreciate where my investment went too.
You are right.. It will be a major let down, mainly the converter, if you don't have a way to plant all this new power!

Keep us updated man!!
Old 06-10-2011, 05:34 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The good ol proven 224 cam!!
Old 06-10-2011, 05:40 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by lemons12
Bane is right, that cam will love spray.

I saw you got everything needed to do it right.
If you know... How much extra did you spend over your initial purchase of everything? Just wondering the difference of doing it right and summits way.

Who is going to tune the car?

Believe it or not... Summit did not include push rods and was a small cam 206 with springs, and was about 150 us more, than texas speed with a 224 sprngs and push rods. I then listen to ur advice to upgrade to a ls6 oil pump and ls2 tmmng chain. about 140 extra for those items. Doing it right the texas speed way, was the same as summit with far less the set up.

I feel good about my choice and didnt hurt so much the cash i spent...

As previously mentioned, lethal performance will do the dyno tune on my ride when im done with mods. Dont know if ill stop here tho!!!

The stock tq converter and gears will help your HP numbers on the dyno.. However that exhaust is restrictive. I'm going to guess around 355-365rwhp and about the same for tq.
Move to the exhaust we discussed and hit extremely close to your 380rwhp mark, or on it. I wouldn't have your heart set too much on 380, that's a pretty nice number for an auto.. I don't think it too far fetched but maybe 15-20rwhp high for your current mods. Just don't be heart broke if It doesn't hit that... Keep in mind one you open up your exhaust there will be even more gains than a normal car, there is plenty left in your setup regardless of what you Dyno!!

Track times etc won't be much to brag about... Until you get that converter! Perfect choice on the coverter, you will no be disappointed.
Remember autos shine at the track, not the dyno..

You are right.. It will be a major let down, mainly the converter, if you don't have a way to plant all this new power!

Keep us updated man!!

You know you have alot of credit for all im doing to my mods right? Im only going by what you all can tell me based on experience... Im fully aware of the stall 3600 results and will not expect much without it. As far as the exhaust, Im keeping the Flowmaster 80 series for sound, BUT!!! Will be adding a Electronic cut out to bypass it once on the track and let it breathe... What do you think about that???
Old 06-10-2011, 06:06 PM
TECH Senior Member

Believe it or not... Summit did not include push rods and was a small cam 206 with springs, and was about 150 us more, than texas speed with a 224 sprngs and push rods. I then listen to ur advice to upgrade to a ls6 oil pump and ls2 tmmng chain. about 140 extra for those items. Doing it right the texas speed way, was the same as summit with far less the set up.

I feel good about my choice and didnt hurt so much the cash i spent...

As previously mentioned, lethal performance will do the dyno tune on my ride when im done with mods. Dont know if ill stop here tho!!!
Wow.. That is quite sad. I'm glad that you made that thread now. I figured it would have been an extra 200-300$. It being the same price is just icing on the cake.
I feel bad for anyone that goes through with advice or a setup from summit or the like.

You know you have alot of credit for all im doing to my mods right? Im only going by what you all can tell me based on experience... Im fully aware of the stall 3600 results and will not expect much without it. As far as the exhaust, Im keeping the Flowmaster 80 series for sound, BUT!!! Will be adding a Electronic cut out to bypass it once on the track and let it breathe... What do you think about that???
Yes, I saw your thread thanking everyone. I appreciate it.

If you are only going to open It at the track or very rarely I would save 100$ and get a manual cutout. Jegs and summit sell them for around 35$. It takes a simply wrench and about 30 seconds. I can easily reach mine and I'm lowered 1.25" with bmr springs on my trans am.

Also... I should remind you. You will need a tune after a converter and your exhaust upgrade as well. I would talk to the guys and see what they are going to charge you for the returne... Or if they can put a base tune on it so you can drive it then do a full tune once you get got converter exhaust and nitrous installed.

If you do end up getting a full tune now and they are going to charge full price again... you can get away without a retune for the converter without a problem. You will be a bit rich with the new exhaist but Its not a big deal. Do not spray the car without a tune for it as well as a fuel pump. You might possibly need a bit more Injector as well. Find out what your % your injectors are at whenever you get your cam and everything installed/tuned.
If It was me.. I would do a base tune now. Buy the converter ASAP and install it. Then buy the exhaust and nitrous kit and install it. Then get a full tune.
Old 06-10-2011, 06:12 PM
11 Second Club

Wow.. That is quite sad. I'm glad that you made that thread now. I figured it would have been an extra 200-300$. It being the same price is just icing on the cake.
I feel bad for anyone that goes through with advice or a setup from summit or the like.

Yes, I saw your thread thanking everyone. I appreciate it.

If you are only going to open It at the track or very rarely I would save 100$ and get a manual cutout. Jegs and summit sell them for around 35$. It takes a simply wrench and about 30 seconds. I can easily reach mine and I'm lowered 1.25" with bmr springs on my trans am.

Also... I should remind you. You will need a tune after a converter and your exhaust upgrade as well. I would talk to the guys and see what they are going to charge you for the returne... Or if they can put a base tune on it so you can drive it then do a full tune once you get got converter exhaust and nitrous installed.

If you do end up getting a full tune now and they are going to charge full price again... you can get away without a retune for the converter without a problem. You will be a bit rich with the new exhaist but Its not a big deal. Do not spray the car without a tune for it as well as a fuel pump. You might possibly need a bit more Injector as well. Find out what your % your injectors are at whenever you get your cam and everything installed/tuned.
If It was me.. I would do a base tune now. Buy the converter ASAP and install it. Then buy the exhaust and nitrous kit and install it. Then get a full tune.

Dang!!! You keep getting more and more technical on me... Better yet, i dont want to spend cash innecessarily, so once i get the stall installed, i will contact you to help me out in my next step. Nitrous will be done at the very last. Frankly, im a lil affraid of it.

Quick Reply: Finally!!! A Cam Im Happy with... SOUND CLIP, NOW AVAILABLE!!! 7-17-11