New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

what's my nex mod?

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2011, 09:48 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There are 2 problems I am having in helping you with a next mod and here they are:
1) Your budget is $500. This isnt enough for most any parts that you should get, and...
2) You seem to want everything installed... so I take it you do not work on your own car. This adds to my first problem in that you wont be able to get much of anything installed for $500.

But if you save longer there will be a lot more options available. As the people above said, a stall is an amazing upgrade for the automatic trans. The car will drive a lot different but boy will it move. Most auto guys see at least a HALF a sec. improvement in the 1/4 mile from the stall alone. However a stall is not cheap. Not only will a stall run you $600-700 new, but that isnt even it. You still need to have it installed (prolly another $200-300). After that your stall is useless without a good tire.... a set of DRs is another few hundred depending what u get. See all this stuff can add up quick.

Headers are a bit more manageable if you ask me, because you can get a good set for under $500. I highly recommend pacesetters. Tho they are not stainless, the quality and fitment is amazing on them. Get a cheap ORY, say from TSP, and you are good to go. Install should run a few hundred dollars.
http://www.texas-speed.com/p-294-pac...e-package.aspx

What state are you in... there are really good speed shops around the country for LSx based cars that have done these mods for years, and will give you the best price on installs.
Old 07-21-2011, 05:49 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've got the SLP LM1 Cat-back, only mod. Makes the car a LOT louder, while still in complete stock form. Most people tell me that headers will make the car way too loud and raspy. Are there any headers out there that won't make an SLP exhaust sound ridiculous?
Old 07-21-2011, 06:10 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by WhiteKnight '01
I've got the SLP LM1 Cat-back, only mod. Makes the car a LOT louder, while still in complete stock form. Most people tell me that headers will make the car way too loud and raspy. Are there any headers out there that won't make an SLP exhaust sound ridiculous?

LT's with cat wont be terrible...and ORY will be crazy loud.
Old 07-21-2011, 09:34 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm in staten island ny. Any one know a seed shop that's not to far?