Sponsored by:

Rising From The Ashes...

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2011 | 12:25 AM
TECH Apprentice

Glad to see all your hard work payoff
Old 09-11-2011 | 02:27 AM
11 Second Club

Guys thnk u for ur gd comments n props... N believe me, i almost gave up. I look back at all i had to do, to get the T/A to where it is. And it is mind blowing, specially, with the bird being deep in Mex. My girl help me out a lot, by using her C. C. Until i had all the cash to pay them off. This expedited the build, so for that thnk u Teri (my girl). Lv u...

Mumbles, i feel ur pain man. So sad this had to happen durng ur hnymoon... Dnt give up on it, i waited 9 months and had to travel 14 hrs every time into mex n then do another 14 to get back. Even took the bus down there to take the smaller stuff. I hope u get enough to start with frm the insrnce... Good luck!

Oh i had my first street race, even though im not suppoust to... Still untuned and stalling.
It was an older c5 95-98.

Smoked him pretty bad from a 20mph roll...

I love this car more and more...
Old 09-22-2011 | 06:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by LASTOFTHEBREED02T/A
Mumbles, i feel ur pain man. So sad this had to happen durng ur hnymoon... Dnt give up on it, i waited 9 months and had to travel 14 hrs every time into mex n then do another 14 to get back. Even took the bus down there to take the smaller stuff. I hope u get enough to start with frm the insrnce... Good luck!
Thanks LAST. Settled on the Automotive portion of the Claim with my Ins. Co. & received a check last week. I think it could have been more, but asking for it would have (and has been already) an uphill battle, so I settled. It was time to bring some closure to this and get the ball rolling on rebuilding.

First order of business is to find a nice Car Trailer so I can haul the Bird myself instead of asking to borrow others that are less than ideal at times. (Damn low riding cars anyways. )

From there, I'll take it one step at a time. Thanks for the words of encouragement.

P.S. Nice kill!
Old 09-22-2011 | 06:24 PM
Staging Lane

Beautiful.
Old 09-23-2011 | 12:06 PM
11 Second Club

Mumbles, it took me 6 months just to find a front clip in the cntrl tx area. You have everything stackd against u to brng ur car back... Then again, u may have better luck. Insurance battles suck, i had to deal with one in mex, n didnt get crap....
Old 09-23-2011 | 01:46 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

This car turned out great. The flat stripes look very nice too.
(813) 986-9302

Like us on Facebook!
Old 09-23-2011 | 02:23 PM

Wow! that is some amazing work! glad to see another one avoided the scrapper. welcome back from the brink.
Old 09-23-2011 | 03:09 PM
11 Second Club

Thnks BMR, the black stripes n patterns was all me... It gave it a killer accent.

Blcksmth... Wow! Is the typical reaction i get when every one looks at the condition it was in.
No one should let these rides get scrapd... To much of a car to waste.

Anyone agree on this matter? I would love to see someone with the same or worst damaged Trans Am, brought back from the ashes... Any chronicles??? Please post!!!
Old 09-25-2011 | 12:32 AM
TECH Senior Member

Thumbs up

awesome revival of that sweet car man!
Old 09-28-2011 | 12:19 AM
11 Second Club

Thx ultimate... You just like" a few more, knw my journey frm my first threads. It is sweet isnt it!!! Thx again.
Old 09-28-2011 | 01:24 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Looks great man, testimony to hard work right there.
Old 09-28-2011 | 04:17 AM
Captain Double Post

great work man, and much props on working your *** off to get it done, you know you go to car shows ,races etc, and some people just miss the passion ,and hard work people have put into there cars, it doesnt matter if you have a crx or a zo6 in my book,hard work is hard work, and getting a car done in this day and age takes so much to do, well car looks great man, congrats on getting that back on the road, get a tune and im sure that it will be running top notch
Old 09-28-2011 | 02:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Anyone agree on this matter? I would love to see someone with the same or worst damaged Trans Am, brought back from the ashes... Any chronicles??? Please post!!!
I don't have a Trans Am, but I'll start this show.

At the present, I only have Before and After the Accident Photos. Long story short, my car is in need of some serious repair. (See Post #19 for the story.)

As long as I have your blessing, LAST, I'll use this thread to chronicle its recovery over the coming months and/or years.

The first is my wife sitting in the car in the NASA Parking Lot waiting to go "Behind the Fence" with the rest of the 2011 Power Tour. And the second is me leaving the Line while running the 1/4 Mile at Montgomery Motorsports Park, on the 3rd day of HRPT.

Rising From The Ashes...-100_1040.jpg Rising From The Ashes...-hrdp-2011-power-tour-day3-montgomery-alabama-701.jpg.jpg

On the 6th Day, this is how the Power Tour ended for us though. (*WARNING* Due to the Graphic Nature of the Following Photos, Viewer Discretion is Advised.)

Rising From The Ashes...-smashed-1.jpg Rising From The Ashes...-smashed-2.jpg

I haven't made much progress on disassembling the car yet, but this is how it looks while presently sitting in my shop.

Rising From The Ashes...-damage-1.jpg Rising From The Ashes...-damage-3.jpg Rising From The Ashes...-damage-4.jpg Rising From The Ashes...-damage-9.jpg

I and the car have a long road ahead of us. Wish us luck along our way.
Old 09-29-2011 | 01:55 PM
11 Second Club

No problem mumbles, u got my blessing, lol. Hope more ppl post their story here...

Nvusz28, Bobs99ss..... Thx for takn the time to c the hard work, n give props. Ur bobs99, no one sees the true blood sweat n tears one goes through to bring a ride to where its at. By no means em i done, just like lemons12 once told me... Ur only getn started.

P.S. Mumbls, ur pics made me squerm!!! Its bad, but keep pressn on.

BTW mumbles... What was your 1/4 mile time?
Old 10-11-2011 | 07:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

BTW mumbles... What was your 1/4 mile time?
This was the first time I'd ever had the chance to run my car at the track. I made four passes. The first two times I was so stoked that I completely forgot to pickup my timeslip. The third time, the kid at the Shack, couldn't find my slip. It was getting near closing time when I made my fourth pass, so I knew it was my last chance. Guess I got a little over zealous with the throttle, because I spun all the way thru 1st Gear and chirped 2nd pretty hard. Ended up with a 14.49.

I know the car is better than that, but I still had a lot of fun and that's what counts.
Old 10-27-2011 | 10:27 PM
11 Second Club

I too think ur ride is much more faster than that... Well after my mods and untuned cpu, I couldnt help to do a roll race. My ride dies at idle, so I knw I need to take it easy untill dynotune.
From a 40 roll, stick shifts have a gd jump on me... From a 30, its a different story. My A4 wont stop, check out the bird.

Cant wait for tune! cut out here already.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=LABYL0E5ZTk

Here is an exmpl how m6s pull on my a4. Cobra filming, full bolt ons 100 shot. Camaro ls1 full bolt ons stealthy cam, but denies it.

My stall is not installed yet...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=UxP9fNvYhzg

From a 30 roll...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=oPgINxZ5sDc
Old 10-28-2011 | 04:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Awesome!! I'm totally jealous, man.

A friend of mine has a 98 Z28 with a few bolt-ons and my bro has an 02 35th SS. Its been a while, but we used to roll out to a nearby stretch of road and run 'em thru a half-assed marked 1/4mile. Never did understand the whole Roll Racing Scene, but your videos remind me of seeing that car in the lane next to you either falling behind or climbing on you. Its such a rush!

Its great to see your car go from smashed to being put into action!
Old 10-29-2011 | 03:44 AM
11 Second Club

I agree on roll race, not the same as from a dig... But thats the only way possible at the time. Soon I will post how I shine at the track, fully tuned by Lethal Performance in san antonio, tx.
Old 11-11-2011 | 06:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

I purchased this 2001 Firebird Formula last week to use as a Donor Car for the car you see in my signature...

Rising From The Ashes...-100_1156.jpg Rising From The Ashes...-100_1155.jpgRising From The Ashes...-100_1158.jpg

The pictures make it look nicer than it really is. Its an okay car, but believe me, its no gem.

This is a small step on the road to recovery for my 1999 Formula. I have a long ways to go, but this gets me that much closer to completing this journey.
Old 11-14-2011 | 10:04 AM
11 Second Club

Awesome mumblesĄ! Trust me, my front clip was not pretty either.
Keep us posted

And the bird Keeps Rising!!!

Quick Reply: Rising From The Ashes...