New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rising From The Ashes...

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2011, 07:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

very nice. aren't you scare to drive that t/a in mexico with all the damn speed bumps? one thing is for sure dont lower it if you want to make it overr those speed bumps lol
Old 11-24-2011, 10:51 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by bobbyd
very nice. aren't you scare to drive that t/a in mexico with all the damn speed bumps? one thing is for sure dont lower it if you want to make it overr those speed bumps lol
Trust me Bobbyd!!! this TA will never go back to Mexico, after the horrible experience of my wreck i had a yr ago. Took me around 15K to bring it back to the state its in, and dont plan on ever running that risk again. Even though it was 4hrs of arriving and 3 bottles of tequila... lol.
I just cant blame this on the alcohol, it was just plain stupidity and learn the hard way to respect the LS1 under any circumstance, speacially under the influence

Give us an update Mumbles.... How's that project goin?

Need More stories like ours on this thread!
Old 12-17-2011, 02:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Not much to tell at the moment, at least on the Firebird. I have, however, made some progress on another project.

I purchased a 1997 S10 Blazer with 105k from the In-Laws in March of this year and only got to drive it a hand-full of times before spinning the #4 Rod Bearing and the #2 & #3 Mains in May. With its low miles, I can't believe this actually happened, but the SUV is in really good shape, so I couldn't see getting rid of it. Plus I got a really good deal on it. So for the past 6 months I've been looking for a 4.3 V6 for a reasonable price. I was searching craigslist up and down for a nice used one. (Jesus Christ! These ******' motors go for an arm-n-a leg.) Finally found one a few weeks ago that's supposed to have low miles. Checked it out the best I could, haggled a reasonable price and brought it home. Its prepped and ready to go in, I just gotta make the time to get it dropped between the fenders. Once its up and running, I start tearing into the Black Car.

Wish me luck... I'm gonna need it.
Old 01-05-2012, 06:40 PM
11 Second Club

We may have another Person to add to this thread, but his damage looks Severe!!!

Im Talking about Exodus GS1... He wrecked pretty bad.
Hope he comes in this thread and shares what happend and His future Plans...
Old 01-05-2012, 08:43 PM
12 Second Club

Well here is my contribution... I bought my 2002 T/A around 4 months ago. It was the greatest and slickest car I had ever owned. I loved my car, then on Monday night 01-02-2012 I had a cookout with some friends... The funny thing is I only had like 3 beers then took my buddy for a ride. Well thats all I remember when I woke up in my bed with a neck brace and in some of the worst pain I have ever been in. Well what I was told happened I lost control of my car and bounced it off a tree. There are pics in my sig and avatar. Idk how to upload pics from my phone... Laptop broke. But yea thats my story and hopefully before to long ill have another fbody
Old 01-05-2012, 11:31 PM
Teching In

Looks great sir, good work. It's nice to see there are still people out there that care. That silver is KILLER!
Old 01-06-2012, 02:36 AM
TECH Fanatic

I'd heard about this movie a while back, but I finally got a chance to see it earlier this week. (My sister-in-law got it for me for Xmas!) After seeing it, I did a search and found it online for free. If you have an hour and a half to kill and want to know the reason why people fix their cars, here it is...

http://www.imdb.com/video/hulu/vi3855484441/

I hope I'm not breaking any forum rules by posting the link. If so, I apologize.

I promise, it does pertain to the topic of this thread and is well worth watching.

Not gonna lie, this story had me in tears.
Old 01-06-2012, 04:06 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Junkyarddog89
Looks great sir, good work. It's nice to see there are still people out there that care. That silver is KILLER!
Thank you, and yes, there is alot of sentimental value... If its repairable then why not give a shot.
And yes, the pearl added to that silver was a great choice.
Old 01-06-2012, 04:15 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Mumbles
I'd heard about this movie a while back, but I finally got a chance to see it earlier this week. (My sister-in-law got it for me for Xmas!) After seeing it, I did a search and found it online for free. If you have an hour and a half to kill and want to know the reason why people fix their cars, here it is...

http://www.imdb.com/video/hulu/vi3855484441/

I hope I'm not breaking any forum rules by posting the link. If so, I apologize.

I promise, it does pertain to the topic of this thread and is well worth watching.

Not gonna lie, this story had me in tears.
I'll check it out...
Old 01-06-2012, 04:23 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by exodus_gs1
Well here is my contribution... I bought my 2002 T/A around 4 months ago. It was the greatest and slickest car I had ever owned. I loved my car, then on Monday night 01-02-2012 I had a cookout with some friends... The funny thing is I only had like 3 beers then took my buddy for a ride. Well thats all I remember when I woke up in my bed with a neck brace and in some of the worst pain I have ever been in. Well what I was told happened I lost control of my car and bounced it off a tree. There are pics in my sig and avatar. Idk how to upload pics from my phone... Laptop broke. But yea thats my story and hopefully before to long ill have another fbody
F@*k Them trees dont move when you head their way!!! That was the same thing my ride hit when my buddy wrecked it. But yours is much more severe...
Got to admit, you are extremely lucky if you only suffered minor injuries. If not repairable, which i doubt it will be, maybe you can part it out... Im sure there ppl out there that are trying to put theirs back together.
Sorry once again bout ur car...
Old 01-06-2012, 04:47 PM
12 Second Club

Yea there isn't anything to part out :/ every body panel was messed up. Idk about the tranny and motor. They motor was covered by my inner fender and tweaked a little. I wish my phone could post pics. The body was twisted. But yea I am very lucky and thankful to have made it out alive let alone with minor injuries. Hopefully insurance gives me a fair value and I can have some money for a dp on another fbody
Old 01-06-2012, 04:57 PM
11 Second Club

Yea there isn't anything to part out :/ every body panel was messed up. Idk about the tranny and motor. They motor was covered by my inner fender and tweaked a little. I wish my phone could post pics. The body was twisted. But yea I am very lucky and thankful to have made it out alive let alone with minor injuries. Hopefully insurance gives me a fair value and I can have some money for a dp on another fbody
Ouch, so it is worse than ur two pics then...
Im sure the insurance will be fair, I didnt get nothing from mine, but it was a cheap international one, that drugg their feet.
Im sure you'll find something soon that'll fill your need for speed. Are you planning on sticking with a TA?
Old 01-14-2012, 08:13 AM
11 Second Club

Exodus... Did you get the pictures from your phn?
Did the insurance help you out any?
Old 01-14-2012, 09:25 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

that was a decent flick.. I'm going to make my girl watch that one tomorrow lol
Old 01-18-2012, 05:39 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by T/A2000
I tried to watch it but just jumped from one thing to another...

We need some recovering projects on this thread!
Old 01-19-2012, 03:02 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by T/A2000
I had my wife watch it a few weeks ago. She liked the movie, but not how I liked it. She said she could see how I, being a "Car Guy", would think its such a great movie.

Originally Posted by LASTOFTHEBREED02T/A
I tried to watch it but just jumped from one thing to another...

We need some recovering projects on this thread!
I may have some updates coming in the near future. I completed the motor swap in my Blazer a few weeks ago, so that's outta the way. Now I can start on tearing apart the Black Car. Well... that is, after the wife gives birth to our son, which should be any day now. One thing at a time.
Old 01-20-2012, 09:42 AM
12 Second Club

Well insurance took the car and paid all but $43 of the loan. So I paid it off and started looking I am now in a 2002 z28 with lt's, magnaflow cat back, lid, gears of some kind not sure the size, and a 3" cutout. Rocking the c5 z06 polished wheels and a staggered fit. Spins to much for me to get a good pull. But only had it a day
Old 01-20-2012, 05:37 PM
11 Second Club

Well insurance took the car and paid all but $43 of the loan. So I paid it off and started looking I am now in a 2002 z28 with lt's, magnaflow cat back, lid, gears of some kind not sure the size, and a 3" cutout. Rocking the c5 z06 polished wheels and a staggered fit. Spins to much for me to get a good pull. But only had it a day
NICE!!!
Pictures are a must show.... Dont hold back too long.
Congrats on your New RIDE!
Old 01-20-2012, 10:03 PM
12 Second Club

Thanks and I found out it has 3.73's and I forgot to mention it has rear lca's and panhard bar.
Old 01-20-2012, 10:10 PM
11 Second Club

Thanks and I found out it has 3.73's and I forgot to mention it has rear lca's and panhard bar.
Already a plus, nice set up. Will deff save you some cash...

Quick Reply: Rising From The Ashes...