New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Opinions on the Flowtech headers???

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2004, 05:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Opinions on the Flowtech headers???

I was browsing throught the sites and saw some Flowtech headers that are real inexpensive yet offer the same HP gains as others....They come included with o2 sensors already and for the price...I am thinking about it but would like more feedback as far as power gains and fitment issues etc..they offer them coated too ....are those headers to ggod to be true or just another case of " you get what you pay for" type of deal.....Flowtech is a trademark of Holley so I believe they should be a good product .....are they??? thanx for your feedback!!!
Old 03-13-2004, 05:11 PM
Restricted User

i have them, they were seriously easy to install. i have coated ones and they come with the o2 extemsions.
Old 03-13-2004, 08:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Thumbs up Regarding the Flowtech headers

Originally Posted by NBM2001Z28
i have them, they were seriously easy to install. i have coated ones and they come with the o2 extemsions.
Cool!...so what gains or difference did you notice ?....Are they a good bang for the buck?....I'm interested into probably getting some..but like everything you have to ask around to see opinions....What's your outcome ??? Worth it or not....
Old 03-13-2004, 09:24 PM
TECH Resident

I am in the same boat. I need LT's!!!!
Old 03-14-2004, 09:36 PM
11 Second Club

jpz28, what site were you looking at that carried them?

I'm also interested in them.
Old 03-14-2004, 11:44 PM
TECH Regular

they are in tbyrne folks and i've heard some other sites have them but i've seen them on tbyrne at a fairly low price...
I'm waiting for my hooker LT's from them... good luck with ya'lls projects...
Old 03-15-2004, 07:14 AM
Restricted User

Speed Inc has them too, thats where i bought mine. i want to say they're cheaper then tbyrne but im not sure. I cant reeally tell you the gains till i get times. I dont want to be one of those people who are bench racing. when i get to the dyno or the track i will beable to tell you for sure. i know im going to be in the 12's easily with a lid/full exhaust. I was running 13.03 @ 109 with just a cut-out in the i pipe. I definately could tell the difference though. i went from stock exhaust with a cut out to full exhaust. i have the flowtech headers/y and then the hooker rear section. it sounds good, not to loud at idle and really loud at wot. a buddy of mine stood outside his house and we did a little test on how far he could hear me comming. it was rather far ill just leave it at that
Old 03-15-2004, 11:12 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I saw them on Thunder Racing and they seem to be a good bargain but....let us know NBM2001Z28 on how they perform...
Old 03-18-2004, 10:21 AM
Restricted User

again, i've had them on there for a while now - we're getting close to a month. but today it snowed again.... so who knows when i'll get back to the track. when i last went i also didnt have the tires/shifter/air lid/shift light or full exhaust like i have now so its not just gonig to show what i got from headers. if i end up gong to a dyno day then i'll get numbers for you guys but until then....
Old 03-25-2004, 07:01 PM
Staging Lane

LS1 Speed and TByrnes have them for the exact same price. Now, does anyone know how these compare to Pacesetters? The price is very comprable. But the Pacesetter install looks like trouble. Also, I'm not to fond of that crushed y-pipe either. I'm looking to install one of these in the first week of April. So guys, lemme hear yer opinions!!
Old 03-25-2004, 08:47 PM
On The Tree

If you want a set you better go ahead and preorder there is quite a backorder forming I ordered mine through Thunder on the 4th and still havent received them(No Biggie) You cant beat the price ive talked to some guys and they said that the only differenxe was the quality of the welds they are basically the same thing as Hookers ,good luck on your selection though Im sure you will make the right choice

P.S. Thunder has some good customer service