Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wanna get TDs..which ones? figured I'd ask here

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2012, 11:47 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wanna get TDs..which ones? figured I'd ask here

I've got these new pacesetters going on and want to run duals with them.
What I can't make my mind up on is getting a pre-fabed like TSP, Or custom.

My thoughts: I could buy an X, 2 super 10s flowmasters, flanges, pipes and hangers at the exhaust shop...ran under the axle out the back...I'm thinking before labor I'd be under TSPs $459 for the pre-fab system. Also I'm worried about all those clamps opposed to flanges and welds. And I'm not to familiar with sweet thunder mufflers...I've heard sound clips but I'd really like to know if their aggressive as flowmaster super 10s. Or go with TSPs and avoid the headache?
Old 01-16-2012, 11:53 PM
On The Tree

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i did the TSP TD's with bullets and i love the sound, especially at WOT. check the classifieds on here. i got my entire set up INCLUDING headers for about 500. used of course. clamps are fine hasnt ever leaked. you better not be lowered or even thinking about it in the future cuz any true dual set up will hang low
Old 01-16-2012, 11:58 PM
TECH Resident

^thats why you have a custom made set and bang out the floorboards
Old 01-17-2012, 01:10 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah, I'm lowered with the TSP TD's... I scrape quite often, but love the sound
Old 01-17-2012, 01:16 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Lockdown99ss
Yeah, I'm lowered with the TSP TD's... I scrape quite often, but love the sound
... of the scraping? jk
Old 01-17-2012, 06:07 AM
TECH Fanatic

Yep have the floorboards hammered, if I can have big 14x4x10 Borla mufflers with no clearance issues the 10s will be fine. Id go the route of your exhaust shop going under the axle. Just make sure they do a.good job
Old 01-17-2012, 07:11 AM
Captain Double Post

you better not be lowered or even thinking about it in the future cuz any true dual set up will hang low
then who ever installed them did a very poor job my tsp duals tuck up better than my y pipe, lowered and all no issues here
Old 01-17-2012, 07:52 AM
Teching In

I really just like to know the difference between sweet thunders and flowmaster super 10s
I heard the videos, but they do no justice on a pc. My understanding is that thunders are alittle louder than the other 2 tsp options. I do want loud, and this is very important to me. I do like the idea of TSPs system simply cause it's fool proof, no headaches installing, it's all right their for you, as opposed to finding an exhaust shop to fab up a system, they'll all say they can do it, but I'm sure their limited on f-body TDs, and prices vary dramaticly from shop to shop. And are the clamps nice for removing the system it I/shop needs to access my tranny? I'll be doing this withen the next 2 weeks and I'm just stuck on decisons. Thanks for the quick responses
Old 01-17-2012, 08:32 AM
On The Tree

I was able to drop my tranny to replace my flexplate without even taking my TD's off
Old 01-17-2012, 08:51 AM
Captain Double Post

the tsp system is really nice, and yeah i do think its cheaper ,some of these guys at exhaust shops say they can do something that they cant, the tsp duals sound great,tuck up well if you install them right,flip the fuel lines and clearance should be fine, i have the ST and by far has been my fav. chambered sounds beyond great on these cars, i would go ST over flowmasters anyday, not that flowmasters sound bad but i will be keeping the ST
Old 01-17-2012, 10:04 AM
Teching In

Alright I'll get the TSP's. Is their anyheads up I can give the exhaust shop upon installing them? I kinda wanna walk in their with some "know it how" even though I don't have much experience. Instead of dropping them and say have fun...Just so they don't dick around with me.
I've heard flip the fuel lines....Is that imperative? I'll keep my stock torqe arm because of budget, tunnel brace has to go I've read. Anything else? Thanks again..
Old 01-17-2012, 10:15 AM
Captain Double Post

no you dont have to flip fuel lines but it will help with a lil clearance, i would bring in some pics of where they have to drill under the back seats ,i dont think the kit comes with anykind of install info, they might now but didnt awhile back,other than that you should be fine, if you want i should have my car on a lift within the next week i can take some picks if you would like
Old 01-17-2012, 12:37 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by BOBS99SS
no you dont have to flip fuel lines but it will help with a lil clearance, i would bring in some pics of where they have to drill under the back seats ,i dont think the kit comes with anykind of install info, they might now but didnt awhile back,other than that you should be fine, if you want i should have my car on a lift within the next week i can take some picks if you would like
Yeah...a couple detailed pics would be awesome thanks alot
Old 01-29-2012, 02:35 PM
On The Tree

What kind of steel is the tsp td system made out of? Also do any of you know of a good kit that would extend the tsp td all the way to the back so they would no longer be dumped?

I typed ls1 duals on ebay and two kits came up. Any of you had experience with those kits on ebay? Also, what is the difference between the two?
Old 01-29-2012, 04:50 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by BOBS99SS
then who ever installed them did a very poor job my tsp duals tuck up better than my y pipe, lowered and all no issues here
Yup, agreed. Every case is different but shouldnt be as bad as everyone is making it seem if you have it installed correctly

Originally Posted by super99ta
I really just like to know the difference between sweet thunders and flowmaster super 10s
I heard the videos, but they do no justice on a pc. My understanding is that thunders are alittle louder than the other 2 tsp options. I do want loud, and this is very important to me. I do like the idea of TSPs system simply cause it's fool proof, no headaches installing, it's all right their for you, as opposed to finding an exhaust shop to fab up a system, they'll all say they can do it, but I'm sure their limited on f-body TDs, and prices vary dramaticly from shop to shop. And are the clamps nice for removing the system it I/shop needs to access my tranny? I'll be doing this withen the next 2 weeks and I'm just stuck on decisons. Thanks for the quick responses
I believe you just answered your own question as to whether you wanna go with TSP or a shop. Think about it this way, would you rather have a shop fab up a custom exhaust who has probably worked on a few F-bodies here and there or buy a product from a shop who spends countless hours of research and installation on F-bodies and has one of the best reputations for quality and service?

Plain and simple, go with TSP. And forget about those slowmasters, if you want loud, youll get more loud than youll ever need with the TSP Rumbler with dynomax bullets. I, like you, love cars that are as loud as can be without sounding like crap (loudmouth anyone?). LT's and TD's with the bullets will do you just fine.
Old 01-31-2012, 10:15 AM
TECH Fanatic

Installed TSP Td's on a buddys camaro they sound great, very easy install.
Old 02-06-2012, 10:04 PM
Teching In

there was a guy a long time ago, Lane. He did some awesome exhaust work on fbods. Sure wish I could find a fella like that now.
Old 02-07-2012, 01:14 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by torkls1
What kind of steel is the tsp td system made out of? Also do any of you know of a good kit that would extend the tsp td all the way to the back so they would no longer be dumped?

I typed ls1 duals on ebay and two kits came up. Any of you had experience with those kits on ebay? Also, what is the difference between the two?
Custom from an exhaust shop. All they would do is replace the turndowns with flanges and run piping to the tips, very easy to do
Old 02-07-2012, 08:00 PM
TECH Senior Member

Replaced my magnaflow with a TSP duals setup.. Amazing thats all i got to say!
Old 02-08-2012, 04:36 AM
Launching!

you might want to decide what suspension mods you want first before doing your duals, if you plan on lowering, installing sub frame connectors, or changing the torque arm. If your changing the torque arm depending on which one you decide on you will need to go custom. same thing with certain sub frames