New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Im Going LT's/ORY... Just finished installing them!!! clip

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2012, 08:28 AM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

a 10 series isnt tooo bad... but sill better out there... i made the mistake of getting a spiral flow on mine and choking it... that will be coming off in favor of a sweet thunder or kooks bullet muffler in the near future... you should look into those. Both sound deep and nasty at WOT
Old 06-16-2012, 08:36 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TyCZ28
a 10 series isnt tooo bad... but sill better out there... i made the mistake of getting a spiral flow on mine and choking it... that will be coming off in favor of a sweet thunder or kooks bullet muffler in the near future... you should look into those. Both sound deep and nasty at WOT
I think im staying away from flowmasters period. My buddy is a manager at a shop, and is going to build me a Corsa type exhaust with possibly a magnaflow muffler. One in, one out and the butterfly to open it 100% when desired.

But will see..
Old 06-17-2012, 01:05 AM
TECH Resident

NOOOOO.. i despise magnaflow... they sound awefull on LSx and LTx cars. get a dynomax bullet or a sweet thunder bullet muffler....
Old 06-17-2012, 02:50 AM
TECH Senior Member

There must be something wrong with your hearing.
What are you saying sounds better than a 1 chamber FM? I hope its not some POS bullet. Bullets barely change the tone of the exhaust and the loudness stays similar, might drop 5 decibels, maybe.
NOOOOO.. i despise magnaflow... they sound awefull on LSx and LTx cars. get a dynomax bullet or a sweet thunder bullet muffler....
Magnaflow? Are you serious?

A 1 chamber is one of the best sounding mufflers.. It quietens it down a tad and gives it an amazing tone, not open header tone like most bullets. Not to mention it still flows awesome.
Old 06-17-2012, 02:51 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That was just one of the options, i still havent done my full research on what is going to be. either way, it will be a good one.

Just got doing some street runs... Got a rb20 240zx with 22lbs of boost. Made 350/360whp and 380 lbs of tq. Also an older 5.0, 95 slighty modded formula, and for desert, a 18 lbs boosted civic that kept buggin for a run.

No doubt, these long tube headers are awesome, deff a good investment for awesome power.

Quick Reply: Im Going LT's/ORY... Just finished installing them!!! clip