Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Money VS Mods

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2004, 11:45 PM
That's what she said...

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Ws6Transam2002M6
BTW raced a stage III turbo audi A4 23PSI (310HP est by owner) with a friend with me who weighs like 250... I murdered his bitch ***, , i even waited for him to launch first before i started beating my car and he had AWD, launches beats i start beating catch up and pull hard... very satisfied with that run...

this is so funny , keep posting !! ( )^37
Old 04-27-2004, 10:25 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks for all the posts, my day saturday didnt work out either... ERRRRRRRRR no track runs for me.... the time to beat is 13.5'ish (best) @ 97 so anyways i keep getting screwed on my track days but this time i specifically requested the 7th of may off and its golden so that is a 100% Go day unless it rains which it better not!!!.
I guess i will take BETONBLACKS advice... im keeping it stock for now instead of going out of my way for these ricers... plus after reading some **** i think i can take these guys stock if i drive good,,... im not sure why i doubted the ws6... i will probably get a $100 slp lid and take my filter out and thats it... otherwise i will stay on track.

Bowtieman, thanks for your post, it really caught me off gaurd, and thanks for the support, that took alot of ballz to make that post and go against the rest.. thanks bro,

I'll keep you guys updated on that race on the 7th
Old 04-28-2004, 08:25 AM
On The Tree

My new sig:

Car plans:

McLaren F1 / BMW V-12 transplant w/ twin-turbo (60psi), supercharger (40psi), and nitrous (400-shot) est 3,000hp
Enzo drivetrain and trans with F1 shifter
Ford 12" rear
22x20 front 24x30 rear chrome wheels
19" rotors all round with 10-piston calipers
Full titanium frame implementation
Gold-plated wiring everywhere
Keeping the stock seats so that when I wreck at 300mph, it'll be sure to kill me on impact

Expected performance:

3.50G or more skidpad
300mph-0 , 1sec
1/4= 5.50 or better
450mph top speed

est. cost (including SS) : $40,000
Old 04-29-2004, 01:27 AM
TECH Fanatic

First off.... Congrats on a HELLOVA plan! Me... I like the sig, it's something to shoot for.
As for what you need to beat your local rice, ... it's not much. If you're bone stock now, you're already close. Go w/ the lid, K&N, Any exhaust (I use Flowmaster... because it sounds the best for the price, not because it flows the best), and the SLP ram air snorkle. That alone will let you win. Not kill like we all want, but win for sure. And the best part is, it's only $500 bucks in mods. After that you can go w/ the Z06 intake mainfold for another $450. The headers (shorties if you're in Cali, and want to keep it legal) for another 7 bills, and finally, if you still have money do the heads / cam package for $2k. That will put you in the 500 + club, and let you KILL anybody you run accross on the street. Your suspension is another story. You're going to have to go w/ a custome setup. Get w/ a suspension shop, or make an appointment w/ Kyle & Stacy Tucker for suspension mods. You can do it if you have the $$. I would plan on about 4k for the handling you want. The breaks are just a mater of time. 2k shoud do you there. If I were you (and we're similar in our goals) I would also DynoMat your entire car to give it the luxury car feel. Kill all the road noise, and give you some killer sound out of your sterio as well. Give you a hella nice quality feel. Some go w/ the lambo or suicide doors.... me, not so much, but if you wanted show and flash.... it's up to you. Put a decent system in. Go w/ the stealth sub box to fit in your trunk (up to 10"), and still let you use your T-tops. Remember, it doesn't have to be a GREAT system to sound good w/ the dynomat. After that, Either TT (Twin Turbo) or get a very nice Super Charger, to meet your power goals, and you'll have a VERY nice, VERY fast, VERY unique F-body that makes everybody else drool!! LOL Including me. Never forget your tune job, as everything revolves around that. Good luck!! Keep me posted on your progress!! You're an inspiration to (I would say 'us all,' but obviosly not) ME!!
Peace out

Scott

God Bless America,
God Bless Her Troops,
and,
God Bless Her Cars!!!
Old 04-29-2004, 07:39 AM
TECH Regular

Default one MF super car

pro mod 1/4 times and top speed and handling of the most exotic.you got to be realistic man.this package could not be built,not even close.maybe if you had 150k to spend.one can always dream!!!!????you need to put down the crack pipe and as your dad how a car works, if you don't know how to read??? haha

Last edited by more carbon; 04-29-2004 at 08:43 AM.
Old 04-29-2004, 03:09 PM
z98
TECH Fanatic

Also, I'd include about 40 mpg in your long term plans.

I mean, what is a supercar without great gas mileage?
Old 04-29-2004, 08:58 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by CaptUSA
First off.... Congrats on a HELLOVA plan! Me... I like the sig, it's something to shoot for.
As for what you need to beat your local rice, ... it's not much. If you're bone stock now, you're already close. Go w/ the lid, K&N, Any exhaust (I use Flowmaster... because it sounds the best for the price, not because it flows the best), and the SLP ram air snorkle. That alone will let you win. Not kill like we all want, but win for sure. And the best part is, it's only $500 bucks in mods. After that you can go w/ the Z06 intake mainfold for another $450. The headers (shorties if you're in Cali, and want to keep it legal) for another 7 bills, and finally, if you still have money do the heads / cam package for $2k. That will put you in the 500 + club, and let you KILL anybody you run accross on the street. Your suspension is another story. You're going to have to go w/ a custome setup. Get w/ a suspension shop, or make an appointment w/ Kyle & Stacy Tucker for suspension mods. You can do it if you have the $$. I would plan on about 4k for the handling you want. The breaks are just a mater of time. 2k shoud do you there. If I were you (and we're similar in our goals) I would also DynoMat your entire car to give it the luxury car feel. Kill all the road noise, and give you some killer sound out of your sterio as well. Give you a hella nice quality feel. Some go w/ the lambo or suicide doors.... me, not so much, but if you wanted show and flash.... it's up to you. Put a decent system in. Go w/ the stealth sub box to fit in your trunk (up to 10"), and still let you use your T-tops. Remember, it doesn't have to be a GREAT system to sound good w/ the dynomat. After that, Either TT (Twin Turbo) or get a very nice Super Charger, to meet your power goals, and you'll have a VERY nice, VERY fast, VERY unique F-body that makes everybody else drool!! LOL Including me. Never forget your tune job, as everything revolves around that. Good luck!! Keep me posted on your progress!! You're an inspiration to (I would say 'us all,' but obviosly not) ME!!
Peace out

Scott

God Bless America,
God Bless Her Troops,
and,
God Bless Her Cars!!!

I think we've just met this guy's brother....
Old 04-29-2004, 10:26 PM
On The Tree

I think there are a few people around here hittin the crack pipe
Old 04-30-2004, 02:28 AM
On The Tree

Listen VERY carefully:

BEST MODS ARE TRACTION AND DRIVERS

Horsepower is nice too.

Get yourself some pacesetter LT headers, lid, sticky tires, free flowing exhaust (SLP 20tl, magnaflow,....), and you should easily SMOKE those ricers.

They got their heads all in the sky with those EVO's and STI's. They are fast as SHlT for a stock car, but at 18+ PSI, i dont see a whole lot of room for improvement.

And it sounds fun to do all that to an F-Body, and i dont wanna sound like your mom... because i had "similar" goals. You need to think that once you get that much power you have to basically rebuild the WHOLE car, not just the engine.

It sounds like fun, but honestly it would turn into an endless money pit. I would just stick to 450-500 rwhp and see how that works for you. 450 rwhp will smoke just about anything that you will ever see minus a track. You will be suprised how fast the bills starting to get bigger exponentially.

One of my best friends has a 95 Formula that he bought for 5k, and spent roughly 4k on (engine and suspension) and he dynoed it at 425 NA rwhp and can smoke z06 vettes all day long and run a auto-x course with the best of em. Not to mention the car runs better now than a new one does.
Old 04-30-2004, 02:44 AM
On The Tree

BTW, I just wanna know how much you think your plans would HONESTLY cost. My guess is 60-70k+

Turbo kit = 12k
C5R (block only)= 5k
C5R tranny = 5k
Rotating Assembly= 10k
Heads= 3k
Carbon Fiber Body= 10k (if only that)
Paint= 2k
9" rear= 3k
Rims/tires= 4k
valvetrain + cam= 2k
Breaks= 3k
Suspension= 3k
Frame mods= 3k
Fuel System= 3k
FAST PCM= 3k
Tune= 2k (have fun tuning a 1500hp car)
Install= omg, guess is around 20k
---------------------------------
Rough Estimate total = 93K

Not to mention insurance, tickets, bail money, and the fact that im gonna steal it when you are done.
Old 04-30-2004, 12:28 PM
z98
TECH Fanatic

If you really wanted to do this you'd build a tube frame race car less than 2000 lbs with road race tires all the way around (like those crazy 17x15). Put a camaro fiberglass body around it. You'd have to have someone who knows downforce design you spoilers to make that skidpad number. Maybe make them removable for the 1/4? Then you'd put in a turbo'd CR5 motor, about 1000 hp would cover it. Have someone who knows what they're doing do the suspension. Put slicks on it, and it'd have no choice but to go 8's. Have the interior finished the best you can, and let it rock. Wouldn't be the prettiest thing around, but it'd be crazy fun to drive and very very expensive.

Tickets? Bah, who's gonna catch this thing?
Old 04-30-2004, 02:48 PM
Teching In

z98 thats what im talking about, if y ou just get the handling out of the way and slam power into it regardless of suspension designs it would HAVE TO BE FAST wether it likes it or not, umm to answer the other question on how much it would cost, id estimate about 150,000 not counting the cost of the car itself and if i add the race tube chassis i would estimate probably another 50K to be on the safe side so YES i took money into consideration.... the dyno mats would be a great idea here and there because we all know that annoying squeeking and rattling our f-cars have.... and yea it would help stereo's too, im not a base head but swapping those stock subs in favor of 1 10" ultra light but quality rockford otta do the trick....
i'll try to beat these guys stock and if i cant **** it,... i'll be back later with some mods, capt usa good luck with your car, feel free to drop me an email its the same as my user name @hotmail.com
Old 04-30-2004, 02:53 PM
Teching In

Not to mention insurance, tickets, bail money, and the fact that im gonna steal it when you are done.

<~~~ lol^^
Old 04-30-2004, 03:26 PM
On The Tree

Why not just buy an Indy car?
Old 05-02-2004, 10:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

And in the end....you'd have a 200 grand f-body.....waste of money in my opinion.

BTW...I don't know about a C5R roadcourse race vette running 10s....LG motorsports has a video out here that i'm sure a ton of people have seen as well...long story short....because of it's shitty as suspension setup for road racing (and pulling huge g's) it ran a 13.5 at 125mph skating all the way down the track. For referance, my stock WS6 woulda kicked it's *** lined up next to it, cuz I had traction for my power. They didn't.

I'm not trying to be a dick....but unless you just won the lottery, or are big CEO/Exec./bigtime investor......I think this project is going to come up short....and I will be the first to say that this project will NOT be completed....or possibly started.
Old 05-02-2004, 11:03 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mike 01WS6
And in the end....you'd have a 200 grand f-body.....waste of money in my opinion.

BTW...I don't know about a C5R roadcourse race vette running 10s....LG motorsports has a video out here that i'm sure a ton of people have seen as well...long story short....because of it's shitty as suspension setup for road racing (and pulling huge g's) it ran a 13.5 at 125mph skating all the way down the track. For referance, my stock WS6 woulda kicked it's *** lined up next to it, cuz I had traction for my power. They didn't.

I'm not trying to be a dick....but unless you just won the lottery, or are big CEO/Exec./bigtime investor......I think this project is going to come up short....and I will be the first to say that this project will NOT be completed....or possibly started.

For the amount of money that would require, I'd just buy an outright better car than an F-body. As for the original topic, as others have said, some sticky tires, good driving, and a lid/cutout will work wonders. If more is to be spent combining headers and nitrous works very well.
Old 05-02-2004, 11:40 PM
Staging Lane

Default wow

wow, not to hate but those plans are a little high, bro i'm about the same age as you, about half a year older. are u going to college or eating or going out at all because unless you devote your life, dont eat at all, don't go out anywhere and save all of your money for the next 30 years at a min. wage job your goal is not goin to be reached. if somehow you have other means of obtaining 200 grand to spend on a car and still have money to live than ditch the f-bod and buy yourself a ferrari, lambergini or something of that sort.
My goal is to hit high 11's which for a street car is pretty good, heads cam full bolt on, rearend, suspension maybe forced induction stuff like that. anyways good luck with your plans
Old 05-03-2004, 09:09 AM
z98
TECH Fanatic

the dyno mats would be a great idea here and there because we all know that annoying squeeking and rattling our f-cars have....
Haha you're missing the point.

If you actually do this, you'll have a 1800 lb. go-cart with 1000 hp, Le Mans wings, and a carbon fiber body that only looks like a camaro.

Long story short: you can't do this with your car.

You could do this with a geo metro or a corvette or a civic or a firebird but just because the only thing about those cars you'll be keeping will be the body shape.

because of it's shitty as suspension setup for road racing (and pulling huge g's) it ran a 13.5 at 125mph skating all the way down the track.
Put slicks on it and take off 1500 lbs and see how it does
Old 05-04-2004, 01:49 PM
Teching In

what the hell are you smoking? ive never seen / heard c5r running 13.5 that is some bogus ****... go look at the specs on it and mags that have tested the c5r to mid 10 etc...
Old 05-04-2004, 04:56 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Ws6Transam2002M6
what the hell are you smoking? ive never seen / heard c5r running 13.5 that is some bogus ****... go look at the specs on it and mags that have tested the c5r to mid 10 etc...
I have seen the video that he is talking about too, please to some research before inserting your foot in your mouth. MAGAZINE NUMBERS MEAN EXACTLY NOTHING IN THE REAL WORLD.

Quick Reply: Money VS Mods