New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

12 Sec. Gen 4 Camaro?

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2018, 10:38 AM
12 Second Club

Received 175 Likes on 128 Posts

Oh, sweet. That's exactly what I was I talking about. Where do you get one of these programs?
Old 03-04-2018, 11:06 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Utinator
Oh, sweet. That's exactly what I was I talking about. Where do you get one of these programs?
hptuners.com
Its not cheap...

Did you say you're friend had a program on his laptop to tune your car? Its either hptuners or efilive, either way I would go to him and ask him to tune your car.
Old 03-05-2018, 05:03 PM
12 Second Club

Well, I still wanted to learn how to do it myself. I was previously referring to "Frost" and "Mighty Mouse". I watched them tune cars with laptops. I was going to get "Mighty Mouse" to check mine out this past Saturday, but the track was closed due to "weather". Apparently sunny and 50 degrees is not suitable for racing....?
Old 03-05-2018, 09:11 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is this an episode of punk'd? Where is Ashton?
Old 03-06-2018, 08:00 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Well, I still wanted to learn how to do it myself. I was previously referring to "Frost" and "Mighty Mouse". I watched them tune cars with laptops. I was going to get "Mighty Mouse" to check mine out this past Saturday, but the track was closed due to "weather". Apparently sunny and 50 degrees is not suitable for racing....?
It was the wind man, did you even go outside!? Just normal driving I felt all over the road, would not wanted to be doing over 100 in that!
Old 03-06-2018, 08:12 AM
"I MAID THEESE"

Received 675 Likes on 425 Posts

Is this thread a Joke?????
Old 03-06-2018, 05:57 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

I fully agree with and support people wanting to learn to tune, I am one of them as I bought HPtuners last year to tinker with. Its definitely not something you can dive into changing things without knowing what you are doing as you can do some serious damage. Just giving you a heads up, don't get in over your head.
Old 03-06-2018, 06:17 PM
12 Second Club

I would definitely learn what I'm doing before I go tweaking the tune. I was thinking I could log my runs, and let the "pros" take a look via e-mail, then recommend tweaks. I could make the changes if I knew what to change.

Oh come on Mike, it wasn't that bad. I would have gone fishing if my boat wasn't still winterized.
Old 03-14-2018, 05:33 PM
12 Second Club

Well, I finally got a new fuel pump/module installed yesterday. The fuel pressure gauge I ordered won't attach to the fuel rail, so that was a waste. I tried all the local auto parts stores, but no one had anything I could use. I suppose I'll have to do another mod just to get it in a shop that can check the fuel pressure.

The car does seem to run just fine. I haven't been too hard on it, because I really want to make sure it's getting enough fuel. I also got another LS6 intake this week. I was thinking about swapping that over the weekend. I just put my boat in the shop to get de-winterized (should be done by Friday), so we'll see what takes priority.

Quick Reply: 12 Sec. Gen 4 Camaro?