New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: Did he want to race?
Yes, he cut you off.
11.76%
No, he was trying to catch upto another camaro from another race.
5.88%
Sper of the moment speed rush.
64.71%
He backed done.
17.65%
You didn't give hin enough of a chance to set up race.
0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

How to get a freeway race started

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2004, 01:36 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default How to get a freeway race started

This happened to me the other night. I was going onto the freeway and going into the freeway it was a beautiful site. Only about 7 cars for about 2 miles a lot of open road to really dig into some the Z28 power and so I decided to speed and get a speed high.

So I merge into the slow lane look to my left then merge, know Im on the middle lane one more lane to speed. I look to the left again no cars Im half way onto the fast lane then I see in my rear view mirror and my side mirror a car approaching very fast. I turn back into the middle lane and this BMW rockets past me. Im like dam, oh right I got a race.

I check the mirrors again and Im onto the fast lane and the speed is on. I catch up to him after going over 130mph them I notice he sees me coming behind me because he gives me the finger and know hes in the middles lane. I stay half a car on side of him wait 3 secounds and he doesn't even try to go any faster so I speed right past him awhile he has his hand out and giving me the finger and even though I have my music on but my windows open I hear a loud Fuuuck yooouu. I left him about 1 and half mile behind me before I had to slow down due to traffic.

Did the BMW want to race me or not? Did his ***** shrink after I caught up to him so fast and he got to see what I was driving or did he speed at that sper of the moment? I could swear he wanted to race seeing how he cut me off.

Should I have waited longer next to him or what? He flys past me, then he gives me the finger and when Im side by side he stays on cruise, what happend?
Old 07-05-2004, 08:23 AM
It's not mine! woo hoo!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

How about none of the above choices...

Probably just some guy reaming on his Bimmer and when you zipped up to him, he got all bitter because his German Autobahn machine would have got owned by detroit (or Canadian) muscle.
Old 07-05-2004, 11:24 AM
On The Tree

not everyone who speeds is "racing". Often people speed just because they enjoy the speed and couldnt care less about "racing"..

Maybe he was mad because you made something already dangerous and illegal more dangerous and more visible?
Old 07-05-2004, 12:18 PM
TECH Apprentice

learn how to spell
Old 07-05-2004, 12:40 PM
On The Tree

Who knows for sure, sounds like the bimmer guy is probably a jerk off anyway.
I live in an end of town where there is ALOT of money, (not me tho) and the car snobs are just unbelievable. Yeah, a cool exotic deserves respect, but show me you can actually work on that same car and have some real knowledge of what you drive, and I'll have a helluva lot more respect you. Not just buy it and drive it.
(granted, not a lot of wrenching needs to be done on a Ferrari or Lambo...)

I'm pretty much the red-headed step child around home in my fbody (bastages!)
Old 07-06-2004, 05:08 PM
On The Tree

too bad one of the poll options wasnt "Or am I just a retard", cuz i wouldve picked that
Old 07-06-2004, 06:08 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by APeteSS
learn how to spell
Old 07-09-2004, 10:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

ok so i tried to correct the spelling but couldn't. i ment to spell him and not hin.

[killaP=too bad one of the poll options wasnt "Or am I just a retard", cuz i wouldve picked that]

just remember that next time someone cuts you off on the highway at over 130mph.
Old 07-11-2004, 03:04 AM
TECH Fanatic

He was just another pissed off dick-head. Those are the guys that make me wish I was in a 70's model Galaxy 500 that I didn't care about. Can you say "battering ram?!" He can go **** on himself IMO.
Old 07-11-2004, 08:27 AM
TECH Regular

wait, how did he cut you off? i dont see anywhere where you said he cut you off in your original post...

if anything he was pissed off by you trying to pull out into the fast lane with him comin up on you around a buck thirty.
Old 07-11-2004, 08:49 AM
TECH Resident

??????? who cares?