Ls1 - LS1TECH - Camaro and Firebird Forum Discussion

Notices
New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ls1

Old 11-09-2018, 01:03 AM

Default Ls1

I have a freshly rebuilt 5.7ltr ls1 under acceleration I randomly have what sounds like a misfire between 3-5k rpm. Iíve put on a scan tool and it says all my coils are sparking and my plugs look good and are new, I have a vx ss itís also cammed and has had a tune previously to the rebuild. Any help please guys Iím sick of pouring money into it....
Old 11-09-2018, 12:54 PM
On The Tree

Possible dirty injectors.? Any "changes" to the engine when the rebuild was done? Displacement, headers,intake,TB,etc.?
Old 11-09-2018, 01:21 PM
TECH Regular

My car started misfiring bad from a dirty MAF. Don't know if that helps you, but cleaning that helped me a lot.
Old 11-09-2018, 11:53 PM
TECH Regular

Dirty maf, lazy O2's, fuel pump straining to maintain pressure, bad tps, or a handful of other things. Start with cleaning the maf and checking fuel pressure under load since those are cheap to do.
Old 11-10-2018, 06:26 AM

Originally Posted by bammax View Post
Dirty maf, lazy O2's, fuel pump straining to maintain pressure, bad tps, or a handful of other things. Start with cleaning the maf and checking fuel pressure under load since those are cheap to do.
itís had a maff tune so there is no maff sensor, what is tps?
Old 11-10-2018, 08:58 AM
TECH Junkie

TPS is throttle position sensor.
Old 11-10-2018, 05:32 PM
TECH Regular

I'd lean towards fuel pump since it tends to start out with the symptoms you described. After that I'd say if you did a rebuild and are still running an old tune it might be worth getting a dyno tune just to make sure everything is still good. Maybe in the build something was changed that the old tune isn't working well with.
Old 11-10-2018, 11:29 PM

Originally Posted by bammax View Post
I'd lean towards fuel pump since it tends to start out with the symptoms you described. After that I'd say if you did a rebuild and are still running an old tune it might be worth getting a dyno tune just to make sure everything is still good. Maybe in the build something was changed that the old tune isn't working well with.
Originally Posted by FirstYrLS1Z View Post
TPS is throttle position sensor.
yeah Iíve got it booked in for a tune Monday so Iíll go from there. Thanks guys Iíll post the results

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: