New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

some people shouldnt have nice cars

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2004, 02:09 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Haha! I rev at a lot of stuff, but in just a messing around way. I am proud of my car and I work very hard to pay for it so some attention isn't bad once in a while. I especially like to rev at people on the side of the road and scare them. Sometimes i'll rev at an awesome car just to hear what it sounds like.
Old 07-21-2004, 03:05 PM
TECH Addict

I like to rev at road kill, show 'em who's boss.
Old 07-21-2004, 04:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

yea i have revved at some people on the side of the road just to scare them...but thats a different scenario

MJSlude- attention is gooood...had four guys in a focus ask me to peel tire...its the best when people beg you to go fast...especially the ladies
Old 07-21-2004, 05:51 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had 3 dudes in a focus ask "man that sounds good, what do you have in her?" dumb question, but it still makes me feel good when people show intrest in my car, thats why i work so hard on it.

I also like to Rev at stuff. mainly ricers when there window is about even with the exit of my exhaust. then when they pull up beside me at a light and "bump" there system I simply turn up my stereo and drown them out. it really pisses these guys off that my car is not only nicer & faster, but i have a better, "more bumpin" stereo system as well. they just cant win...
Old 07-21-2004, 06:30 PM
11 Second Club

I will throw revs at any f-body I pass to say Hey. As well as the mustang guys. I got Piped by a GTO the other day and if I was not sitting at a red light with my windows down I never would have heard him lol. He still had the sticker in the window. All I heard was the belts turning on his motor cause the exhaust was so quiet. I Smiled and gave him a nod.

These ricer ***** who like to run up on your *** really **** me off. I will slam on the brakes when they do that **** but not enough for them to hit me. Its more fun to embarrass them by nailing it and smokin the tires off at 30mph just before they hit me those guys!
Old 07-21-2004, 08:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 69_YENKO
I had 3 dudes in a focus ask "man that sounds good, what do you have in her?" dumb question, but it still makes me feel good when people show intrest in my car, thats why i work so hard on it.

I also like to Rev at stuff. mainly ricers when there window is about even with the exit of my exhaust. then when they pull up beside me at a light and "bump" there system I simply turn up my stereo and drown them out. it really pisses these guys off that my car is not only nicer & faster, but i have a better, "more bumpin" stereo system as well. they just cant win...
haha its funny that you say that because the guys in the focus asked me if it had a hemi.......

i said no...
Old 07-22-2004, 01:08 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Beast
haha its funny that you say that because the guys in the focus asked me if it had a hemi.......

i said no...
Ouch.... Comming from a domestic..... Sad sad days we live in friends. Sad sad days......

Last edited by CaptUSA; 07-22-2004 at 01:08 AM. Reason: typo
Old 07-22-2004, 02:14 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by CaptUSA
Ouch.... Comming from a domestic..... Sad sad days we live in friends. Sad sad days......
the sad thing is its not the first time ive had someone ask me that...ive heard that more than enough
Old 07-22-2004, 11:31 AM
TECH Fanatic

i hate it when people ask me what "ive got in it."im just sitting there thinking,this car looks and sounds completely stock,its ALMOST brand new,cmon!next time someone asks me that im just gonna say hemi,and ive been asked that a few times myself.damn dodge,for those annoying *** commercials!
Old 07-22-2004, 03:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i bet the guy driving that cobra i was talking about thought his car had a hemi

speaking of hemi's any of you guys ever have a ram driver think they were in the indy 500?? ive seen ram drivers pull more **** than some ricers
Old 07-22-2004, 03:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Even worse than 'what's that got in it?' (read my plate - duh) is 'are those fast?'. Well, faster than what? My saturn is faster than me on foot. The GTO beats a whole lot of cars out there - but there's a lot of cars faster than it also.
Oh, and as far as the GTO being quiet - I've had a number of real 'car' people tell me they can't believe the exhaust is stock. It's not crazy loud or anything - but it's supposedly as loud as the government allows a stock car to be. And that will be all fixed once I get married and can spend the money on the long tubes...
Dan
Old 07-22-2004, 04:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

ive listen to the sound clips on pontiac's web page(sure they do no justice) and man does it sound mean as ****..

o and the commercial where the gto flies into the garage..yea like that one too
Old 07-22-2004, 04:08 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by DANSLS1GTO
Even worse than 'what's that got in it?' (read my plate - duh) is 'are those fast?'. Well, faster than what? My saturn is faster than me on foot. The GTO beats a whole lot of cars out there - but there's a lot of cars faster than it also.
Oh, and as far as the GTO being quiet - I've had a number of real 'car' people tell me they can't believe the exhaust is stock. It's not crazy loud or anything - but it's supposedly as loud as the government allows a stock car to be. And that will be all fixed once I get married and can spend the money on the long tubes...
Dan
Its Quiet compared to my car. I love the GTO's they are sweet.

Brad
Old 07-22-2004, 05:37 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by DANSLS1GTO
And that will be all fixed once I get married and can spend the money on the long tubes...
Dan
You think your wife will let you spend the money to get headers once your married
Old 07-22-2004, 05:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

You think your wife will let you spend the money to get headers once your married

you're married aren't you....
Old 07-22-2004, 06:59 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Beast
you're married aren't you....
No, Im 21 and enjoying the single life. I was just tryin to give Dan a little scare. But I do have this friend with a bad *** '68 Chevelle that pretty much sat in the grage after being married. she was a bitch though, she sayed he loved that car more then he loved her, so she grounded him from it. LOL om the other hand, i work with this woman whos husband has a street driven 9sec '71 Nova. She stands by his side and supports him along the way, so i guess it works both ways.
congrats on your up coming marrage!
Old 07-22-2004, 07:04 PM
Teching In

I totally agree with this subject there are tons of people here with nice cars and when they see someone pulled over by a cop on the side of the highway they put it in neutral and rev the engine its like they are taunting the cops or making fun of the other person because "you got pulled over and I didn't" i mean no wonder cops and some of the general public don't like people like us is because of dumbass' like them that give us a bad image i mean if you really think about it you never hear about any major bad things happening near car shows or race tracks but people give us a bad image like that and they dont deserve to drive a car like that.
Old 07-22-2004, 07:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

No, Im 21 and enjoying the single life. I was just tryin to give Dan a little scare. But I do have this friend with a bad *** '68 Chevelle that pretty much sat in the grage after being married. she was a bitch though, she sayed he loved that car more then he loved her, so she grounded him from it. LOL om the other hand, i work with this woman whos husband has a street driven 9sec '71 Nova. She stands by his side and supports him along the way, so i guess it works both ways.
congrats on your up coming marrage!
well i am married....

to my car
Old 07-23-2004, 06:17 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Yes - although some money will go to fixing up my car and some money will go to buying her a chevy II nova to fix up. Can't argue with that too much
Dan
Old 07-23-2004, 07:30 AM
11 Second Club

Sounds like a good one to me! My girl wants an El Camino

Brad