Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Am I missing something?

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2024, 10:02 PM
Teching In

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Am I missing something?

I keep forgetting to look at other 4 gen Fbody’s to see if I’m missing something between the two open tabs in the pic. The TA is not a ram air, so unsure if something normally fills the open spot or not, thanks.

Old 05-26-2024, 11:40 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,625 Likes on 1,170 Posts

Originally Posted by Gold TA
I keep forgetting to look at other 4 gen Fbody’s to see if I’m missing something between the two open tabs in the pic. The TA is not a ram air, so unsure if something normally fills the open spot or not, thanks.
That area was not originally open like that. Plastic should be covering the entire length of that area. I'll attach a picture below. Also, the bracket (forward of the hood latch) with that part number "10247777" should not be painted body color (gold), they were originally black (no matter the color of the car) from the factory. So it probably had some paint work done up front at some point, and perhaps that's when the plastic pieces were not correctly reassembled.

The following users liked this post:
Treburkulosis (06-07-2024)
Old 05-27-2024, 08:54 PM
12 Second Club

Received 535 Likes on 424 Posts

I just removed mine recently and it was also black. Almost painted it body color, but I decided to return it to black.
The following users liked this post:
Treburkulosis (06-07-2024)
Old 05-28-2024, 02:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 205 Likes on 179 Posts

I guess I’m missing that piece too.
Old 05-28-2024, 09:50 PM
Teching In

In doing more research, looks like I’m missing this upper air baffle that looks to either bolt or plastic clip to something on the ends with, and the middle slipping in the ‘void’ in my previous pic. GM PN 10409095 and of course discontinued. I question how effective it is, since my lower baffle seems to work enough for it to Not overhear at highway speeds, but I could be wrong.

Old 05-29-2024, 06:32 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 205 Likes on 179 Posts

Originally Posted by Gold TA
In doing more research, looks like I’m missing this upper air baffle that looks to either bolt or plastic clip to something on the ends with, and the middle slipping in the ‘void’ in my previous pic. GM PN 10409095 and of course discontinued. I question how effective it is, since my lower baffle seems to work enough for it to Not overhear at highway speeds, but I could be wrong.
I didn’t know that that piece was missing on mine. It’s not causing any issues that I’m aware of though. I even stacked a few washers under the bolts that bolt down the lower air box so there is a larger air gap where the air enters the filter from the front of the air box.
Old 06-06-2024, 09:50 PM
Teching In

So this upper baffle that was in the pic actually fits on the AC condenser, and the two tabs go into the side tabs of the condenser ( with the V piece going in between the metal support in the middle) . Makes sense trying to divert maximum air across the condenser and radiator. I’m sure when an external transmission cooler is installed this piece is just thrown out, but all I needed to do is clearance for the lines and modify one of the tabs in the pic.
So once you get it figured out, your new baffle will fill the ‘void’ from my original pic (like the factory intended)
Old 06-06-2024, 09:54 PM
Teching In

Here it is all installed:

Quick Reply: Am I missing something?