New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

bastard dealerships

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2004, 11:08 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It was raining, and she went to leave a stop sign, hit the go pedal too hard and took out a fence post, a mailbox, and smacked a tree. Nobody was hurt, thankfully, but the front end is pretty messed up. The hood, both fenders, bumper cover and windshield need replaced and the frame needs tweaked a little. The part that really sucks is that we bought the car while I was on deployment and the accident happened before I got home. So I never had a chance to drive it!
Old 10-25-2004, 12:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ShawnB
It was raining, and she went to leave a stop sign, hit the go pedal too hard and took out a fence post, a mailbox, and smacked a tree. Nobody was hurt, thankfully, but the front end is pretty messed up. The hood, both fenders, bumper cover and windshield need replaced and the frame needs tweaked a little. The part that really sucks is that we bought the car while I was on deployment and the accident happened before I got home. So I never had a chance to drive it!

what an aweful sight to come home to! im sorry to hear that.
Old 10-25-2004, 12:10 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by luvmeZ28
what an aweful sight to come home to! im sorry to hear that.

It could have been worse, I guess. But it will give me something to do this winter. Now I have a good reason to get an aftermarket hood and a shiny new paint job.
Old 10-25-2004, 12:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ShawnB
It could have been worse, I guess. But it will give me something to do this winter. Now I have a good reason to get an aftermarket hood and a shiny new paint job.

throw a few bolt ons in there too, she might have messed up a few underhood items in the crash.
Old 10-25-2004, 12:33 PM
Launching!

I got a story, I was in the market for a SS and I am scanning the local paper when I see an ad for a Camaro SS. No year listed but price was $10,995.00. So I decide to go take a look (not believing I would find anything but a POS) and when I get there sitting on the lot is a red 95 Z28! Some one had taken the Z28 badges off and applied SS stickers! Not SS badges, DECALS! Anyway, it had 120,000 miles on it and looked pretty ruff. I told the used car dealer he should change the ad before he got sued and he acted like I was a ***. I told him they did not even make a SS Camaro untill 96. Then he changed his tune and said "well thanks I will tell my boss".

I hope no one paid good money for that POS.
Old 10-25-2004, 12:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

i still check autotrader from time to time, and the "car dealership" i had my nightmare with was at it again a few weeks ago. they had a 2001 SS camaro for sale again. and with it a blurry picture of a 'camaro with the fugly 16' wheels and no SS hood. at least they are being a little more obvious, i guess.
Old 10-25-2004, 07:07 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by luvmeZ28
i still check autotrader from time to time, and the "car dealership" i had my nightmare with was at it again a few weeks ago. they had a 2001 SS camaro for sale again. and with it a blurry picture of a 'camaro with the fugly 16' wheels and no SS hood. at least they are being a little more obvious, i guess.
Why sugar coat it the "Car Dealership" was stadium auto sales in the DFW area. **** Suckers

I still cant belive they tried to say it was an SS. when you said it wasnt they said but what about the exhaust. so i look under it to find a stock Z28 muffler with a cut-out just before it it didnt even have the SS spoiler, did it?. some body got fucked, glad it wasnt us.
Old 10-25-2004, 08:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 69_YENKO
Why sugar coat it the "Car Dealership" was stadium auto sales in the DFW area. **** Suckers

I still cant belive they tried to say it was an SS. when you said it wasnt they said but what about the exhaust. so i look under it to find a stock Z28 muffler with a cut-out just before it it didnt even have the SS spoiler, did it?. some body got fucked, glad it wasnt us.
youre right. and their exact location is in arlington, right off highway whatever, near the stadium! i would stick a nail through my eye before i would buy a car from them! im glad we patrolled around this site for as long as we did before going up there and seeing that POS. the info ive learned on here proved to be invaluable when examining that fake beater.

thanks again, LS1tech and members!